Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purpose of a Drone - Photography

Ahhhh... that wold be true... the mono style and conversion rail is made by a few.
Have you ever heard of RAGBRAI, 20-40,000 bikers annual event to ride across Iowa. Many of the mono wheel and burley nomads. And hundreds of custom made cooler wagon and huge Speaker wagons. If you're into biking... this is a great 7 days.
RAGBRAI Security Check Required
Everything You Need to Know About Riding RAGBRAI

RABBRAI, it brings hundreds from all over... every year I chat to French, English, German, Dutch, Australian, Canadian, etc... Long Week of riding, Parties, Bands, and great Food. And it's a blast to meet new Riders that think Iowa is Flat... Ha!!

Ahhhh... that wold be true... the mono style and conversion rail is made by a few.
Have you ever heard of RAGBRAI, 20-40,000 bikers annual event to ride across Iowa. Many of the mono wheel and burley nomads. And hundreds of custom made cooler wagon and huge Speaker wagons. If you're into biking... this is a great 7 days.

Drove support last year!

First time pulling a fifth-wheel as a friend (68) said he was tired of tenting, plus he wanted his lovely bride along.

Had a great time in Cedar Lake.

Jeff

P.S. I had my H with me but didn’t have the guts to get it out. As it was, someone did have a white colored something or other. Kept near the water mostly, if I remember right. (Cedar lake again)

Drove support last year!
First time pulling a fifth-wheel as a friend (68) said he was tired of tenting, plus he wanted his lovely bride along.
Had a great time in Cedar Lake.
Jeff

Hey Jeff, I'm also tired of tents... if you 5th wheel again and have a AC corner... give me a shout. :D It's amazing as soon as they announce routes in February... within 4 hours every hotel is full along the route.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

I have not but that looks cool. I'm a life long cyclist, but I've spent a little more time on the powered versions until recently. I am slowly getting back into shape for the pedal versions. ;)

This is such a great idea, I also have a dream - to use drones for photos, tell me which cameras you use?
Welcome... not sure whom you were asking; consumer catagory drones are limited to their supported platform cameras. If you go with the more professional aircrafts, you'll gain options to either change cameras or lenses.

Take a while to consider what type of photography interests you, follow that into looking at various platforms, and supported software programs for the platform. Ask yourself if you want to enter on the lower scale side to get a feel or if you're committed to want the pro-level platforms.

While you're evaluating, don't limit yourself on brand. Several brands to examine, several specialized brands for specialized fields. The 2 consumer most common are Yuneec & DJI.

Many fields to examine: still photography, video, advertisement, commercial sales, inspection, Thermo infrared, 3D modeling, construction, Movie production (multiple fields within), etc, etc.

All these at the upper pro level take specialized platforms or consumer focused pro level.

Hope that helps a bit with the direction and excitement!

This is such a great idea, I also have a dream - to use drones for photos, tell me which cameras you use?
To add to above... most upper pro models utilize MFT cameras and lenses. Some will support full frame bodies & lenses... but are much larger heavy lift platforms.

Most use their own MFT camera and you have the ability to change MFT lenses within a specified category of lenses meeting weight & balance.

The smaller platforms have limited cameras and fixed lenses... althogh still produce beautiful resuts.

Reactions: MelissaCousin
Welcome... not sure whom you were asking; consumer catagory drones are limited to their supported platform cameras. If you go with the more professional aircrafts, you'll gain options to either change cameras or lenses.

Take a while to consider what type of photography interests you, follow that into looking at various platforms, and supported software programs for the platform. Ask yourself if you want to enter on the lower scale side to get a feel or if you're committed to want the pro-level platforms.

While you're evaluating, don't limit yourself on brand. Several brands to examine, several specialized brands for specialized fields. The 2 consumer most common are Yuneec & DJI.

Many fields to examine: still photography, video, advertisement, commercial sales, inspection, Thermo infrared, 3D modeling, construction, Movie production (multiple fields within), etc, etc.

All these at the upper pro level take specialized platforms or consumer focused pro level.

Hope that helps a bit with the direction and excitement!
In other words...you can spend as much as you want to on these drones, the sky is the limit on prices, depending on what you want to do and how much you have to spend...........

Reactions: MelissaCousin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval