Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k unsteady after firmware update

Reaction score
Before the update q500 would Hoover with no movement but after it varies left to right and up and down by a foot or two. I did the compass calibration. Anything else I need to try?

Accelerometer also need to be calibrated
Right!!! The firmware updates erase calibrations and GPS position. The accelerometer cal needs to be done on a level surface. When you turn on the Q, reach underneath and turn it on and don't move it until it is fully booted. Do the calibration and then restart the Q. Let it sit outside after bootup with the motors off for about 13 min for the GPS to finish updating. You only need to do this after a firmware update or after traveling several hundred miles from your current location.

If you still see a problem after doing those things, then create a new model and go back through the binding process.

ok steve, I created a new model and recalabrated compass and accelerometer. it still bobbles left and right and up and down. anything else to try?

ok steve, I created a new model and recalabrated compass and accelerometer. it still bobbles left and right and up and down. anything else to try?
Open Hardware Monitor and check the sticks. Move each stick slowly to the limits in all directions and see if the bar graphs are smooth and follow the stick with no jerks or jumping. Look carefully as you move each stick back to center to see if they zero out each time.

Was the update 107 for the Q500?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy