Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 battery options

Reaction score
D0A05778-65A8-4C8A-A2E0-893563300BD6.jpeg

Has anyone tried or are you using these battery holders for the Q500? One fits underneath the body and the other fits in the battery compartment. Seems like a viable alternative to our battery issues...

Attachments

• AA1F94CE-2082-4F02-B917-3EE8B708AEFD.jpeg
    AA1F94CE-2082-4F02-B917-3EE8B708AEFD.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 52
Well, no responses, so bought the under slung type. Not mounted yet or purchased the battery but I did find one in the 8,000 category that I will purchase...

Wondering if you have used this setup and what you think of it. Been thinking about getting one myself so i could use the other batteries I already have.

It works very well, the only drawback is putting everything back in the hard case.

Oh, I forgot to say that I replaced all the metal hardware with nylon 8-32 from Lowe’s.

Reactions: BigRHS
Oh, I forgot to say that I replaced all the metal hardware with nylon 8-32 from Lowe’s.

Thanks for the reply.
That was a good idea on switching to the nylon as I say it saved some weight.
I am thinking very hard about getting either the external or the internal adapter, but I would like to talk with someone who has tried the internal one before I make up my mind.
Here is a link to the internal adapter I am looking at on Ebay.

That's what I figured, I liked the idea of a cleaner look but not the smaller capacity.
I know that bigger capacity don't always mean more flight time because of the weight difference so I guess it would depend on how much smaller the capacity would have to be for the internal. If I could use a 3000 to 3500 mah the difference in weight might mean the flight time is not much shorter than 5000 to 5500mah battery would be.
I may just have to get one and see. I have a couple of 3000 mah batteries now that I could try and see how much time I get. ( if those would fit )
But it's going to be a week or 2 before I can order and try because I will be gone for a couple of weeks.

Yes, there’s always a compromise when modifying from OE. My flight times are enjoyable, but they come at a price...

I prefer internal version, more compact and easy to callibrate compass with this rotations.. Also it easy to place it back at steel case or backpack .. For the price of one original battery you can get 3 generic batteries...

I have made Just small conversion, i added xt 60 to battery bay and i can still use normal yuneec batteries and other aftermarket batteries. I dont have yet other bat, but i ordered redox 8000 which Will fit i to battery bay and as i think it should work, i Will give you info results when i Will have my ordered bat. I think is better that this 3d printed converters because i can fit bigger batts. That redox that i ordered weight is the same as original yuneec batt. received_1675554902578861.jpeg

Reactions: lowoctane
Hi, i have got that redox 8000mah batt, i have done 2 flights, both about 20min flight Time, with gimbal and camera, strong wind and i didnt flew slow. I think 25/30min is possible with that batt, but with no wind and slow Flying. I can still use yuneec batts, but i preffer that option cause of batt cost.

I needed to lift up of a batt bay (where xt60 is) because batt was Little too big1571407740785.jpeg1571407774864.jpeg

I bought them with shipping for about 70 USD, in my country Poland. As i checked banshing gens ace 8500mah should fit into bat bay.

I have made Just small conversion, i added xt 60 to battery bay and i can still use normal yuneec batteries and other aftermarket batteries. I dont have yet other bat, but i ordered redox 8000 which Will fit i to battery bay and as i think it should work, i Will give you info results when i Will have my ordered bat. I think is better that this 3d printed converters because i can fit bigger batts. That redox that i ordered weight is the same as original yuneec batt. View attachment 18735
I really like the battery modification you did there. I would love to know the steps and process you did and how you connected the wire leads ! That looks great and I wouldn't mind trying it myself.

Reactions: WernerJB
It works very well, the only drawback is putting everything back in the hard case.
Are you still liking the outside battery adapter ?
I finally made up my mind and bought the exterior adapter myself. Should get it by Monday. I was thinking really hard about the interior one, but I liked the fact that the exterior one allows more battery options. The interior one is very limited on the size of the battery.
I really liked your idea of the nylon hardware so I am going to steal that idea ( thank you for that) and I am planning on going to Lowe's and get the nylon bolts to replace the metal hardware that comes with it to help save a little weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: lowoctane
Great, you can use it with a little bit bigger batteries, but my opinion is there is some limitations: like transport in suitcase or like me in original Q500 backpack, also calibration of the compass is little bit difficult to do it. Also by my opinion heaviest batteries reflect to temperature of the motors which is reflect of their life.
Also external things attached to the drone reflect to smooth flying when you flying in a strong wind, same like installed propellers guards.

But as I say there is positives and negatives about this two version: internal and external.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Are you still liking the outside battery adapter ?
I finally made up my mind and bought the exterior adapter myself. Should get it by Monday. I was thinking really hard about the interior one, but I liked the fact that the exterior one allows more battery options. The interior one is very limited on the size of the battery.
I really liked your idea of the nylon hardware so I am going to steal that idea ( thank you for that) and I am planning on going to Lowe's and get the nylon bolts to replace the metal hardware that comes with it to help save a little weight.
It works very well. In using the nylon hardware, be careful when tightening them down as they have a different feel. I used the blue locktite on them for added insurance, but they are so lightweight, jam nuts will work too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval