Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 battery options

Great, you can use it with a little bit bigger batteries, but my opinion is there is some limitations: like transport in suitcase or like me in original Q500 backpack, also calibration of the compass is little bit difficult to do it. Also by my opinion heaviest batteries reflect to temperature of the motors which is reflect of their life.
Also external things attached to the drone reflect to smooth flying when you flying in a strong wind, same like installed propellers guards.

But as I say there is positives and negatives about this two version: internal and external.

Thanks again.
I thought so much about it and just could not make up my mind for a while.
I thought about all the issues you are talking about and decided to get the external just because of the battery options, but I am now thinking of also getting the internal one also. I thought that maybe on a breezy day I could switch out, I know it would be some trouble and time to do so, but I like the idea of having as many options as possible and the cost is not that high.
I have also been looking at the pictures at the part of the external adapter that slides into the drone battery compartment ( see pic ) to see if there might be a way to modify it so I could use it to be a internal battery adapter without the undercarriage part. But I will know more about that once I get the adapter. I just have my mind working and sometimes that can be a bad thing...lol

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: LostInDark
Try external one and after some time maybe I'll give a try for internal version.

I don't think you can easily modified this part from external adapter, but internal version doesn't cost a fortune.. so.. one day I'll try..

Thanks again..

Reactions: BigRHS
Hi, i have got that redox 8000mah batt, i have done 2 flights, both about 20min flight Time, with gimbal and camera, strong wind and i didnt flew slow. I think 25/30min is possible with that batt, but with no wind and slow Flying. I can still use yuneec batts, but i preffer that option cause of batt cost.

I needed to lift up of a batt bay (where xt60 is) because batt was Little too bigView attachment 18778View attachment 18779
Very nice modding of the setup.
If you could please add more info on what you tied your xt60 to on the inside,
And any other info you care to share on how it is working for you.

Thanks for any info.
Lenny

I have made Just small conversion, i added xt 60 to battery bay and i can still use normal yuneec batteries and other aftermarket batteries. I dont have yet other bat, but i ordered redox 8000 which Will fit i to battery bay and as i think it should work, i Will give you info results when i Will have my ordered bat. I think is better that this 3d printed converters because i can fit bigger batts. That redox that i ordered weight is the same as original yuneec batt. View attachment 18735
HOW MUCH IMPROVED THE SIGNAL WITH THAT MODIFICATION?
QUE TANTO MEJORO LA SEÑAL CON ESA MODIFICACION?

This not improve the signal.. this gives you opportunity to use generic batteries instead original ones.

Last pcs. here, stop to sell after that;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy