Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Eu and US firmware versions.

Reaction score
Hello, is it possible to install US version firmware on a q500 that has Eu firmware on it ? id like to do this to improve transmitting range as I heard EU has restrictions on the distance.... I get about 170m when my FPV starts to lag ( I have 20kv electrical line about 40 meters from where I was standing while testing, maybe thats the reason ?) Again, thanks in advance !

The EU firmware uses a different set of channels and lower power on the transmitter. Some of the channels on the US version may interfere with other wifi signals where you are flying. I know many UK pilots have used the US firmware because of the lower power issue, but I have no idea how they accomplished this.

Hi, @Shobos . You need to be very sure before you do updates. Many folks have equipment they can't use because of various failures in updates.
I am not sure you can gain any distance by doing updates, but this is not an area I have explored. This post by @h-elsner provides some information you may want to review.

In the exif data of your nice stills in another thread I saw that you have a CGO2 working. Most of the hints are valid for CGO3 camera. Please be careful and check it agianst validity for your CGO2 before you brick the cam. Do you have CGO2+ or an older CGO2GB? Currently there is only FW for CGO2+ at Yuneec homepage.
BTW only the firmware for the camera is EU/US versioned. ST10 and copter itself have the same firmware.

br HE

Edit: Oh, I see it is an CGO2gb 1.8.01(e).
There is a good chance to update to 1.9
The FW can be found here:

Last edited:
I might be wrong but I seem to remember if you install CGO2GB camera EU version there is no going back to CGO2GB camera US version 14981

In the exif data of your nice stills in another thread I saw that you have a CGO2 working. Most of the hints are valid for CGO3 camera. Please be careful and check it agianst validity for your CGO2 before you brick the cam. Do you have CGO2+ or an older CGO2GB? Currently there is only FW for CGO2+ at Yuneec homepage.
BTW only the firmware for the camera is EU/US versioned. ST10 and copter itself have the same firmware.

br HE

Edit: Oh, I see it is an CGO2gb 1.8.01(e).
There is a good chance to update to 1.9
The FW can be found here:
Yep its cho2gb So I should install 1.9 US version ?

So I should install 1.9 US version
Hmm, you should not 'cause you are in EU ;-) But if you want to give it a try, this may be the possibilty to do it. It will only flashing newer FW-version.

I have read in some threads that people renamed the FW with a higher number to flash it. I don't know if this is applicable for CGO2GB. I would not do so...

br HE

Reactions: Shobos
Hmm, you should not 'cause you are in EU ;-) But if you want to give it a try, this may be the possibilty to do it. It will only flashing newer FW-version.

I have read in some threads that people renamed the FW with a higher number to flash it. I don't know if this is applicable for CGO2GB. I would not do so...

br HE
****, I just wanted to know how do these people install US version on the camera to get more fpv power haha ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval