Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ Controller Firmware Update

Has any one updated their ST10+ to ST10+ Build st10+v01b31c firmware? Is the update worth the trouble? The reason I ask is that I attempted to update mine about 10 months ago to ST10+ Build st10+v01b30c after receiving a faulty ST10+ with out the most current firmware and bricked it. Had to send it in to Yuneec to make it usable again. Didn't cost me any thing as the controller was still under warranty. It was just the inconvenience of have sending it in and waiting a 2 weeks for it to be back in my hands.
Hello I saw that you upgraded the firmware of the st10 + from b30c to b31c I wanted to know what changes they put to upgrade and I'm not talking about what they say bug fixes I do not believe them. But actually how the drone behaves. How the signals of the wifi. Is there a wifi disconnect from the camera? I ask all these questions because since I upgraded the firmware from b21c to b30c I have encountered a lot of problems, for example in the previous version I would get 3 battery alerts in a few minutes increments. And now I get 3 alerts at the same time and must land the bird. But what's more disturbing is the distance of the camera's wifi signals. After 60 meters already loses signals. And anyone who has upgraded has encountered a problem. What they did on the B30C they just reduced the Milliwatt of the wifi. So before you upgrade, you need to carefully check what they have changed.I also upgraded the firmware of the camera from 1.8.00a to 2.4.00a and I am trying to isolate the problem from either the transmitter or the camera. I would like to hear our comments. Thanks Eric

Hi Eric,
I have updated the ST10+ from b30c to b31c some time ago. From my experiences, there are no changes, no new features. The behaviour of the Q500 is the same, WiFi connection connection time and range unchanged. What they have done this FW, I don't know. The b31c was never published in EU but only in US, also I don't know why. What I saw in the firmware is, that some changes for ST16 was taken over, some thing like new vehicle types 6 and 7 (H920+, H520), both never used. I guess, they use parts of firmware common for all controllers.

The WiFi output power of the camera (range videodownlink) cannot be changed by ST10+ firmware. Control of the camera is done by http commands. There was a Anroid developer who has analysed this stuff (nickname methodus). He found some corrections and new commands but nothing to change WiFi output as far as I know. I trust him and be pretty sure that there is no way. Video downlink range can only be changed by camera firmware. That's why there are different US and EU firmware versions, but for ST10+ there are common FW versions.

60m video range is far too low. This may be an HW error or something with initialization of the transmitter chips. I have up to 500m depending on environment.

br HE

Hello and thanks for the response. I do not rule out the possibility that this camera is true because it broadcasts the wifi. I will try to restore the previous version of the camera to 1.8.00 and see what will be. But I'm just looking at one of the forums of kopterforum and someone asked the same question I asked and someone responded that the change made in firmware from b30c to b31c is that they have increased the wifi power and it's very interesting that anyone who upgraded to b30c complained about low wifi signals. And here are the photos he published in the last upgrade from the very interesting. what are you saying?
post-17396-0-33578400-1518191175.jpg
post-17396-0-58656700-1518191160.jpg
post-17396-0-43059400-1518191186.jpg

Hi Eric,
I have updated the ST10+ from b30c to b31c some time ago. From my experiences, there are no changes, no new features. The behaviour of the Q500 is the same, WiFi connection connection time and range unchanged. What they have done this FW, I don't know. The b31c was never published in EU but only in US, also I don't know why. What I saw in the firmware is, that some changes for ST16 was taken over, some thing like new vehicle types 6 and 7 (H920+, H520), both never used. I guess, they use parts of firmware common for all controllers.

The WiFi output power of the camera (range videodownlink) cannot be changed by ST10+ firmware. Control of the camera is done by http commands. There was a Anroid developer who has analysed this stuff (nickname methodus). He found some corrections and new commands but nothing to change WiFi output as far as I know. I trust him and be pretty sure that there is no way. Video downlink range can only be changed by camera firmware. That's why there are different US and EU firmware versions, but for ST10+ there are common FW versions.

60m video range is far too low. This may be an HW error or something with initialization of the transmitter chips. I have up to 500m depending on environment.

br HE
Hello and thanks for the response. I do not rule out the possibility that this camera is true because it broadcasts the wifi. I will try to restore the previous version of the camera to 1.8.00 and see what will be. But I'm just looking at one of the forums of kopterforum and someone asked the same question I asked and someone responded that the change made in firmware from b30c to b31c is that they have increased the wifi power and it's very interesting that anyone who upgraded to b30c complained about low wifi signals. And here are the photos he published in the last upgrade from the very interesting. what are you saying?
post-17396-0-33578400-1518191175.jpg
post-17396-0-58656700-1518191160.jpg
post-17396-0-43059400-1518191186.jpg

#24eric148,

The WiFi test won't start at my ST10+. Maybe ST10+ has to be rooted for this. But anyway, I have not tested before/after FW update. So I cannot say something about this. Of course Adroid will initialize it's own WLAN transmitter and this seems to be the result of this.
As I said, I have seen any change with the b31c for the behaviour of Q500 and/or WLAN connection. Naturally, this is subjective assessment of mine.

br HE

I am sorry I misunderstood you. To record telemetry data all that is required is the installation of the SD card. The data recording is automatic. There are no settings to make.

There are three telemetry files on the card. Does it matter which one I use?

There are three telemetry files on the card. Does it matter which one I use?

OT: The question is, use for what? I guess you mean the 3 file set in the Flight Log (Remote_xxxxx.csv, RemoteGPS_xxxxx.csv, Telemetry_xxxxx.csv).
Remote: Sticks and switches from RC controller
RemoteGPS: GPS data from RC controller
Telemetry: GPS data, sensor status and some other intersting telemetry data from copter.

br HE

OT: The question is, use for what? I guess you mean the 3 file set in the Flight Log (Remote_xxxxx.csv, RemoteGPS_xxxxx.csv, Telemetry_xxxxx.csv).
Remote: Sticks and switches from RC controller
RemoteGPS: GPS data from RC controller
Telemetry: GPS data, sensor status and some other intersting telemetry data from copter.

br HE
Which telemetry file do I use for Dashware?

Usually the flight path/data of the copter shall be displayed in the video. Thus you need the Telemetry_xxxxx.csv files. Those files have to converted to a format, that can be used by the related profile in dashWare. For Q500 the profile "Yuneec Q500 v1.5" from ST2Dash der Flightlog Konverter für die ST10+/Q500 - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV shall be used.
To convert telemetry files, download and install "ST2DASH" or "q500log2kml". The last one from here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

br HE

What's the difference between flightencrytlog and flightlog? And why is there a FPV-video folder?

The encrypted flightlog is a 1:1 copy of the flightlog but as name suggested encrypted. You can ignore that. By this, Yuneec can identify manual changes of the FlightLog data.

In FPV video folder are copies of the videos, taken during flights, but ib low quality (same as downstreamed to ST10). Those .avc videos kan be played by MPC-HC player.
Home · MPC-HC

br HE

It is best to do the update. I have had no problem installing it on my ST's. I have one ST10 non-plus which cannot be updated with this firmware. The other worked fine.
I have ver. 31 firmware update on a sd card but the TX cant see the update when i get to the part where it says Select firmware update, The card is being recognized by the TX because it has Telemetry on it

I have ver. 31 firmware update on a sd card but the TX cant see the update when i get to the part where it says Select firmware update, The card is being recognized by the TX because it has Telemetry on it
Which browser did you use to download the firmware? What is the name of the firmware file on the card?

Chrome on a mac,,, st10plus_tx_b32.bin
Hmmm.......mine is st10+v01b31c which is a zip file. Inside are three files, one is a pdf file with instructions, one is labeled firmware and one is and Update.zip.
The "firmware" and Update.zip" is what the ST10+ will use for the updating.

yes that is the Folder name,, Inside are three files, one is a pdf file with instructions, one is labeled firmware and one is and Update.zip.
Then there is TX folder with st10plus_tx_b32.bin inside

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvwritingservices