Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 flipping on takeoff

Reaction score
I think I have tried everything possible but I do not know why this q keeps flipping over on takeoff in all modes and in all distances away from it ? I hooked it up to GUI see nothing wrong reset the motors is it possible to do that wrong ? I have given up she is back in the case and may stay there in there tired of loosing props have broken 8 as of todaqy any help is appreciated
TY

I think I have tried everything possible but I do not know why this q keeps flipping over on takeoff in all modes and in all distances away from it ? I hooked it up to GUI see nothing wrong reset the motors is it possible to do that wrong ? I have given up she is back in the case and may stay there in there tired of loosing props have broken 8 as of todaqy any help is appreciated
TY
just a shot in the dark , are you in mode 1 or 2 you should be in mode 2 in the US . don't use the props , start up your Q and make sure the motors are turning in the right direction and all 4 are all spinning . increase the speed of the motors look for a difference in speed . the blades can't go on backwards . you could have a bad speed control . i know some one this site will have the answer for you .

keeps flipping over on takeoff

Sounds like at least one motor is turning backwards. Hook it up to the GUI again, without props, and run the ESC assignment. Make sure the Q500 is pointed in the same direction as shown in the picture in the GUI and make sure you turn each motor by hand in the proper direction.

Thanks for the help folks I will try the motor speed and see what happens I will post my results thanks again.

Thanks for the help folks I will try the motor speed and see what happens I will post my results thanks again.
OK hooked it back up and did the esc and when i hit the motor to run in top right bottom right ran so i put the drone with the battery compartment facing me i think this is the back of the q not sure and assigned the motors so is this right or not ? Which motor is number one with the battery door opened and me looking into the compartment I feel so *** stupid right now but have to ask I love my Chroma but so want to fly this typhoon.

Which motor is number one with the battery door opened
While looking at the back, the motor on the right is no. 1. No. 2 is at the front right. No.3 is front left.
In the GUI picture the nose is facing down. It's easier to do the ESC assignment with the Q setting just like in the picture. Then turn each motor in the direction indicated.

While looking at the back, the motor on the right is no. 1. No. 2 is at the front right. No.3 is front left.
In the GUI picture the nose is facing down. It's easier to do the ESC assignment with the Q setting just like in the picture. Then turn each motor in the direction indicated.
ty will give it a try this am and let you know

I had the same problem. I had to reinstall the firmware on both the q500 and the st10.

I wanted to put my 2 cents in while i am here. So 1st thing is im somewhat relieved i wasent the only one that has or had this problem and i feeling somewhat relieved and a little anxious thinking that there is possibly a chance there could be a fix/repair/ procedure that will correct this issue(nightmare) and lift this curse ive been dealing with ever since ive owned this drone. I purchaced this drone from a friend. I thought i got a killer deal at that time and jumped on it without much thought that there was anything that was wrong with it that was very serious that was something i couldnt figure out since i have dealt with things much more complicated in the past . Not to say im bragging or any better than the next guy but i can honestly say theres not too many things ive dealylt with that will get the best of me to make me give up trying till i succeed and figure out wht or why something doesn't work right or operate how it was suppose to. So anyway after reading some of the replies and comments i feel that it sounds to me like chances are it has something to do with the distance that the drone is from the controller when i initiate and accelleate drone to take off. But with that said along with all i have read i at least have a starting point and can at least eliminate the distance that ive been trying when taking off is well enough away so to be able to either have fixed it or can say that the distance im at when lifting off has not have anything to do with how far or how close i am to it and move forward to step two whatever that maybe. And at this point i havent a clue what that step will be. I will end this at this time with the promise to you all that sometime somehow in the near future we will find out why and am confident that there will be one of us that will put all the data we all give and put it all together to reveal the culprit (?spelling?). Looking forward to figuring out what is the fix or at least will have something to try that will put us all one step closer to a resolution, later on people

I wanted to put my 2 cents in while i am here. So 1st thing is im somewhat relieved i wasent the only one that has or had this problem and i feeling somewhat relieved and a little anxious thinking that there is possibly a chance there could be a fix/repair/ procedure that will correct this issue(nightmare) and lift this curse ive been dealing with ever since ive owned this drone. I purchaced this drone from a friend. I thought i got a killer deal at that time and jumped on it without much thought that there was anything that was wrong with it that was very serious that was something i couldnt figure out since i have dealt with things much more complicated in the past . Not to say im bragging or any better than the next guy but i can honestly say theres not too many things ive dealylt with that will get the best of me to make me give up trying till i succeed and figure out wht or why something doesn't work right or operate how it was suppose to. So anyway after reading some of the replies and comments i feel that it sounds to me like chances are it has something to do with the distance that the drone is from the controller when i initiate and accelleate drone to take off. But with that said along with all i have read i at least have a starting point and can at least eliminate the distance that ive been trying when taking off is well enough away so to be able to either have fixed it or can say that the distance im at when lifting off has not have anything to do with how far or how close i am to it and move forward to step two whatever that maybe. And at this point i havent a clue what that step will be. I will end this at this time with the promise to you all that sometime somehow in the near future we will find out why and am confident that there will be one of us that will put all the data we all give and put it all together to reveal the culprit (?spelling?). Looking forward to figuring out what is the fix or at least will have something to try that will put us all one step closer to a resolution, later on people

If you are in Smart Mode you need to be at least 26 feet from the aircraft for takeoff and landing.

If you are in Angle Mode you only have to be far enough away to avoid being struck by the aircraft.

If you are still having issues, then use the GUI to check ESC assignment.

If ESC assignment doesn’t fix it, try reloading firmware in the ST-10 and the Q500.

Good luck solving the issue.

If you are in Smart Mode you need to be at least 26 feet from the aircraft for takeoff and landing.

If you are in Angle Mode you only have to be far enough away to avoid being struck by the aircraft.

If you are still having issues, then use the GUI to check ESC assignment.

If ESC assignment doesn’t fix it, try reloading firmware in the ST-10 and the Q500.

Good luck solving the issue.
So how do i do this GUI to check ESC ASSIGNMENT? I HAD PLANS TO UPDATE FIRMWARE in both the drone and controller last night but fell asleep on the couch . Well lets just say when i woke up i nptice the drone was sitting on its side on the ground. It fell off the couch while i was sleeping and when it hit the groung the gimbal got knocked off and it damaged some wires. So im not sure what to fo at the moment. Anyone know where i fan get a circuit board for a CQS2 gimbal? I think im naming it incorrectly but im close

just a shot in the dark , are you in mode 1 or 2 you should be in mode 2 in the US . don't use the props , start up your Q and make sure the motors are turning in the right direction and all 4 are all spinning . increase the speed of the motors look for a difference in speed . the blades can't go on backwards . you could have a bad speed control . i know some one this site will have the answer for you .
I read your response and I'm confused about the mode settings you spoke of. I noticed you mention speed control an possibly having a bad one etc. I got to a point that since I got tired of braking new blades I decided to hold drone down manually with one hand and use controller with the other. The main thing I noticed was that the drones speed and length of time blades were not responding to changes I tried and at times seemed like they were at full trust and when letting go of control sticks it wouldn't slow down any to think of the speed it needed just to hover. if there's a procedure you know of that might correct my issue please tell, Dave....

I read your response and I'm confused about the mode settings you spoke of. I noticed you mention speed control an possibly having a bad one etc. I got to a point that since I got tired of braking new blades I decided to hold drone down manually with one hand and use controller with the other. The main thing I noticed was that the drones speed and length of time blades were not responding to changes I tried and at times seemed like they were at full trust and when letting go of control sticks it wouldn't slow down any to think of the speed it needed just to hover. if there's a procedure you know of that might correct my issue please tell, Dave....
when you go to take off move the stick slowly until it hovers . if all the blades are spinning in the correct direction there must be something else wrong . you mite have to send your Q in for service .
mode setting , in Europe the sticks are reversed , mode 1 Europe ( like driving on the left side facing traffic of the road ) mode 2 in the U.S. we drive on the right side facing traffic .
outer than going into the GUI on your computer , is the only way to look at this problem , sorry i can't help , the only way i know of your Q flipping upside down on take off is the wrong blades on the wrong motors or the motors spinning backwards , you can't put the wrong blades on the wrong motor unless you strip the threads on the motor . are the blades the originals blades with the right pitch or are they cheep china knock off's . where are you located ? .

TY
Had some problem . Gu it said all was good. Sent it in for repairs. Found out ecs install wrong at factory. But check the rotation of motors. With ecs wired wrong . Gui Sen motors turning in. Opposite rotation. But all were turning same direction. Instantly drone was flipped over instantly. Let me know what you find out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss