Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Throttle Issues

Reaction score
I just received my Drone back from warranty repair... I am very lucky that my first test out of the box, i was holding the drone down when I started the drone. This test was repeated multiple times

1) Start transmitter (ST10)
2) Power up Drone
3) Allow transmitter/ Drone to initialize
4) Hold down the start button
5) rotors start turning at low RPM
6) After waiting for 5-10 seconds I add power and instead of a throttle curve at about 15% throw it goes to full throttle. Pulling back down on the throttle stick causes no change in throttle. Only holding the stop button will kill the rotors

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I just received my Drone back from warranty repair... I am very lucky that my first test out of the box, i was holding the drone down when I started the drone. This test was repeated multiple times

1) Start transmitter (ST10)
2) Power up Drone
3) Allow transmitter/ Drone to initialize
4) Hold down the start button
5) rotors start turning at low RPM
6) After waiting for 5-10 seconds I add power and instead of a throttle curve at about 15% throw it goes to full throttle. Pulling back down on the throttle stick causes no change in throttle. Only holding the stop button will kill the rotors

Any ideas?
Are you doing this with the props removed?

Holding the Q on the ground and running up the motors is not a very good test of the controller. Instead, open Hardware Monitor on the ST10 and test the sticks. Check to see the sticks move full scale, return to exactly zero and are not sluggish or jerky. If it looks good in Hardware Monitor then it's good to fly.

Holding the Q on the ground and running up the motors is not a very good test of the controller. Instead, open Hardware Monitor on the ST10 and test the sticks. Check to see the sticks move full scale, return to exactly zero and are not sluggish or jerky. If it looks good in Hardware Monitor then it's good to fly.

Hardware monitor looks fine, shows the sticks performing as requested.

The model itself is acting like there is no motor speed control, 2 speeds:
  1. a low speed, which has no ability to move the model
  2. full throttle that won't turn off even after returning the sticks to zero

Hardware monitor looks fine, shows the sticks performing as requested.
The model itself is acting like there is no motor speed control, 2 speeds:
  1. a low speed, which has no ability to move the model
  2. full throttle that won't turn off even after returning the sticks to zero
That's because you are holding it on the ground. The throttle doesn't connect to the motors. It's and input into the Flight Controller. When you throttle up the Flight Controller is telling the motors to throttle up. At the same time it expects the accelerometers to show the aircraft lifting off the ground. Since the accelerometers don't show the liftoff, the Flight Controller maintains power instructions to the motors.

Remove the camera and give it a test flight. Stand back 30' from the aircraft when you launch. Go full throttle up to about 15' and then hover. Test the right stick to make sure the aircraft responds as it should. Then give it a test flight. After you are confident in your ability to fly it, install the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li