Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Warning !

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Always place a sd card in your ST10 under the battery. That is the only way the telemetry data will be recorded. You must have this card installed for warranty service.

You can use any card up to 16GB. Format it using FAT32.

Hi, have just purchased a 2nd hand q500 but I am a whole lot at loss at all of this configuring with these new RC systems. It seems that you can't do a lot of adjustments without a PC and Internet. Where I live is a black hole and to get a internet with an 16mtr areal so it gets hard to do field tests

Reactions: ginger
Hi, have just purchased a 2nd hand q500 but I am a whole lot at loss at all of this configuring with these new RC systems. It seems that you can't do a lot of adjustments without a PC and Internet. Where I live is a black hole and to get a internet with an 16mtr areal so it gets hard to do field tests
The Q500 is ready to fly out of the box. No need to do anything. Before flying the 1st time let it sit after it boots up outside for 12 minutes to allow the GPS time to update.

Now I know, where I live is called the windy coast. Took the 500 out for a fly and had difficulties unlocking. I changed to manual and got things going. One thing I first did was spend a lot of time learning to fly so manual didn't phase me until I had to land in the wind. Decided to do some research and found that yuneec needs in my eyes a lot of sats to work. The most I get here is 2 to 9. 9 is not usual.The guy who owned the 500 previously is a real estate agent so if he had troubles then I can understand him selling it.

Now I know, where I live is called the windy coast. Took the 500 out for a fly and had difficulties unlocking. I changed to manual and got things going. One thing I first did was spend a lot of time learning to fly so manual didn't phase me until I had to land in the wind. Decided to do some research and found that yuneec needs in my eyes a lot of sats to work. The most I get here is 2 to 9. 9 is not usual.The guy who owned the 500 previously is a real estate agent so if he had troubles then I can understand him selling it.
Sounds like the GPS is faulty. How many Sats do you get on the ST10?

As far as I can tell 6. I have parrot bebop and a p3 and I have difficulties getting the required six needed for them. I also have a swellpro which also needs 9 sats. Took it out this morning (15kls of wind ground level)and only got 5. Did a short low level flight on manual with nothing on. Came in hard on landing and shatter a leg support. It has got to 0 at times. Wouldn't dare to fly the 500 in the wind on manual. Looks like I am going to need to look at other spots. I did what you suggested and let it sit for a while.

As far as I can tell 6. I have parrot bebop and a p3 and I have difficulties getting the required six needed for them. I also have a swellpro which also needs 9 sats. Took it out this morning (15kls of wind ground level)and only got 5. Did a short low level flight on manual with nothing on. Came in hard on landing and shatter a leg support. It has got to 0 at times. Wouldn't dare to fly the 500 in the wind on manual. Looks like I am going to need to look at other spots
The Q can handle light wind but landing is difficult. I always try to find a protected spot to land. To save your props, when you get down to about 12" above the ground, press and hold the red button. It should land and shutdown quite well with no damage.

Reactions: Joey G and Dino37
Hi Steve,I really appreciate your advise. I went and found a spot today and will give it ago later. Has a soak in the middle with longer grass growing around it. So now if I do have to fly manual in winds I have a soft landing pad :)). Now when I was doing the research I realised that something had been added. It is a Itelite which is something to do with a extender. Trying to find out more about this.

Please help me with this!

Hi there it’s JuanDiego

I bought a Yuneec Q500 4K from an eBay retailer (wbb6679) about a week ago. It came here yesterday I tested it last night and everything looked just fine, I couldn’t fly it a long time because battery was pretty much dead. This afternoon I was flying again with the 100% battery charged the original one. I flew for about 15 minutes everything was fine I was happy with it. Suddenly I can’t explain how and why happened but the Yuneec kind of turn off by itself and fell from more than a 20 feet altitude straight to the ground there was nothing I could do to stop it. It’s so weird what happened because I’m familiar with drones and I have several like the phantom etc... (never has happened before to me with any other drone) the best way I can describe it is like if the battery came out and Yuneec just fell off and hit the ground... I’d like an explanation and see how the warranty I bought works. I’ve been looking online and several people are complaining about this problem.
Now the drone does not work properly, the camera is definitely broken and gone and one of the lights is no longer working... the battery safety push in compartment doesn’t close. I’m looking forward to hear from you soon. I have all the parts and I have it here with me I’d like you guys to investigate what happened so I can get my drone back or just another one.
Thank you.

Reactions: TomG
I’m looking forward to hear from you soon. I have all the parts and I have it here with me I’d like you guys to investigate what happened so I can get my drone back or just another one.
You will need to call Yuneec and tell them what happened. This forum in not a part of Yuneec. It is a private group for members like yourself to exchange information and help solve problems.

If you talk to Yuneec they will ask for your telemetry files. Hopefully you have a sd card under the battery in the ST10. Look and see if one is installed. That is where the telemetry is recorded.

Reactions: Dino37 and TomG
Hello,

Thanks for replying, I do have a SD card under my st10+, but the files seem to be out of date back in 2014. Is that normal ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 105
Reactions: TomG
Hi all, Just got my q500 a cpl weeks ago, maiden flight and all others have been successful, I'm really glad I found this forum, I did not know about the SD card in the ST 10. Thanks!

It's the first I've heard about having an SD slot in the St10 too, and I've had my one for over 18mths. Strange no one at Yuneec uk mentioned that when I had my Q500 4K for service / repair in Jan 18. Have now installed one, so glad I joined this forum, learning useful info. Many thanks guys.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Please help me with this!

Hi there it’s JuanDiego

I bought a Yuneec Q500 4K from an eBay retailer (wbb6679) about a week ago. It came here yesterday I tested it last night and everything looked just fine, I couldn’t fly it a long time because battery was pretty much dead. This afternoon I was flying again with the 100% battery charged the original one. I flew for about 15 minutes everything was fine I was happy with it. Suddenly I can’t explain how and why happened but the Yuneec kind of turn off by itself and fell from more than a 20 feet altitude straight to the ground there was nothing I could do to stop it. It’s so weird what happened because I’m familiar with drones and I have several like the phantom etc... (never has happened before to me with any other drone) the best way I can describe it is like if the battery came out and Yuneec just fell off and hit the ground... I’d like an explanation and see how the warranty I bought works. I’ve been looking online and several people are complaining about this problem.
Now the drone does not work properly, the camera is definitely broken and gone and one of the lights is no longer working... the battery safety push in compartment doesn’t close. I’m looking forward to hear from you soon. I have all the parts and I have it here with me I’d like you guys to investigate what happened so I can get my drone back or just another one.
Thank you.
This happened to my q500. It still had 2 months left on the warranty. I contacted the authorised repairer and sent it to them at my cost. They recently told me it's covered under the warranty. I believe they send the data from the ST10 to Yuneec for analysis and make a decision from that. When mine came down it was about 60m high and hit a wall then smashed through someone's bedroom window. It was pretty messed up.

Always place a sd card in your ST10 under the battery. That is the only way the telemetry data will be recorded. You must have this card installed for warranty service.

You can use any card up to 16GB. Format it using FAT32.
After reading the warning I opened th transmitter battery cover and removed battery. I noticed a sd card is already installed. Is this card sutable for warranty service if needed. Note this is a new Q5004K, just purchased and never flown .

After reading the warning I opened th transmitter battery cover and removed battery. I noticed a sd card is already installed. Is this card sutable for warranty service if needed. Note this is a new Q5004K, just purchased and never flown .
Yes, that card records the telemetry and is needed in case you need warranty service. Most the newer models came with the card installed.

Reactions: DSLeach81

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval