Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Questions Before Pulling the Trigger

Thanks Bob and Ron....!

No postproduction whatsoever on the photos (nor other images and vids on my site).
The photos in the link concerned are stills from video (4K with WB locked, shutter 1/60, ISO 100, Polar Pro ND8) except for the pano of course.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
TH arrived today. Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead!

After learning the ropes I hope to get my commercial license as I have a website business. Should I register my drone, or just register myself as an owner?

There was no neck strap for the ST16. Looks like they are out of stock at most places. Is that because no one uses them?

Getting very excited!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new bird. For now, you do not have to register and you can't fly commercially. Once you get ready, you can take the test for your part 107 and once certified you will register any/all UAVs flown for work separately. Yeah for some reason they leave the neck strap out of some of the kits, mine didn't come with one either. I made my own set up as I didn't like the way the stock one attaches, but others are okay with it.

Congratulations, Bob!!!!

I registered with the FAA when I got my drone. They've rescinded that requirement now but I still think it's a good idea.

I guess I was lucky my TH480 came with the neck strap. It's handy but sometimes quite annoying to put the neck strap and sun shade through the holes.

Best of luck!

Ron

Thanks Ty Pilot! Got any photos of your creation? I would like to have something just in case it slips out of my hands.

Terrestrial Image had an enclosure with some instructions. One said to register your drone. Once at the site it looks like it is not necessary for hobby flying. Thanks.

Terrestrial Imaging also has some help on getting the part 107. A lot to do before I start that!

Thanks again.

Bob, yeah the rules pertaining to our aircraft are very fluid at the moment, one minute you had to register the next you didn't. Some do register now, but if your going to get a 107 you will have a different registration under that rule so its up to you. As for my strap, I attached clips to the side of my sunshade and attach the straps there. Others have noted that the little pins that hold the sunshade are all that is holding the transmitter, but I usually never take both hands off the controller and I check them regularly.

Strap1.jpg

Strap2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I like that it does not try to squeeze the sunshade in on itself and attaching is not down beside the shade into the pins so its easy to attach and detach single handed

Reactions: rdonson
Bob, yeah the rules pertaining to our aircraft are very fluid at the moment, one minute you had to register the next you didn't. Some do register now, but if your going to get a 107 you will have a different registration under that rule so its up to you. As for my strap, I attached clips to the side of my sunshade and attach the straps there. Others have noted that the little pins that hold the sunshade are all that is holding the transmitter, but I usually never take both hands off the controller and I check them regularly.

View attachment 7876

View attachment 7877

Thanks a slick modification!

Very nice photos indeed, but not what I would call "sunset" or even remotely "low light"...I would call it really late afternoon? I joke with you a bit...

For my purposes I mean the point when the sun actually starts to set behind the horizon, IE low orange light, you might say dusk even. I have tried every setting, manual modes no matter what I get massive pixelation, if you have suggestions to remedy I would be much obliged. I have photos taken literally 10 minutes before with same settings and they look fine, no pixelation, just in low light is it an issue. My Note 4 takes better low light photos which is just sad.

Attachments

• YUN00014.jpg
    YUN00014.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • YUN00015.jpg
    YUN00015.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • YUN00016.jpg
    YUN00016.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • YUN00017.jpg
    YUN00017.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 9
  • YUN00018.jpg
    YUN00018.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 8
  • YUN00019.jpg
    YUN00019.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 7
  • YUN00020.jpg
    YUN00020.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 8
Very nice photos indeed, but not what I would call "sunset" or even remotely "low light"...I would call it really late afternoon? I joke with you a bit...

For my purposes I mean the point when the sun actually starts to set behind the horizon, IE low orange light, you might say dusk even. I have tried every setting, manual modes no matter what I get massive pixelation, if you have suggestions to remedy I would be much obliged. I have photos taken literally 10 minutes before with same settings and they look fine, no pixelation, just in low light is it an issue. My Note 4 takes better low light photos which is just sad.
What ISO and shutter speed did you use, any filters?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18