Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Questions by a new owner of a Q500

Reaction score
Hello. My new drone (used q500- ST 10- CGO2GB ;-) ) arrived yesterday. First flight today and I have a few questions.
1. GUI shows version 1.02. Should I update to 1.07? Update applies only to the drone? Is there any firmware for the camera?
2. I notice that video does not record sound. Is this normal?
3. The battery is a little puffed. Has anybody opened the battery case and measure dimensions of the lipo?
4. What the "GB" on camera stands for?

Hello. My new drone (used q500- ST 10- CGO2GB ;-) ) arrived yesterday. First flight today and I have a few questions.

1. GUI shows version 1.02. Should I update to 1.07? Update applies only to the drone? Is there any firmware for the camera?
If the drone is flying correctly and does everything you want, an update is not really needed. Many problems occur from updates, for a variety of reasons. With that said, updates to the Q500 itself are usually safer than most, since if the update fails, you can simply start over.
Please note this next statement carefully: THERE IS NO FIRMWARE AVAILABLE FOR THE ST10. The available firmware is for the ST10+. If you try to load it on an ST10, you will brick the ST10. The fix for that error is not fun, and may not work.
Note the camera firmware listed is for the CGo2+. It may work for the CG02, but I do not know. And the only advantage was better compatibility with the "SteadyGrip". I personally would have zero interest in trying it if my camera was working correctly, and I did not have SteadyGrip.
This link will take you to the Yuneec USA site for firmware:

2. I notice that video does not record sound. Is this normal?
The controller defaults to Audio OFF at every start up. You have to go to settings and turn it back on if you want to record audio. All you can hear when recording in flight is prop sounds and wind.

3. The battery is a little puffed. Has anybody opened the battery case and measure dimensions of the lipo?
Changing LiPo battery cells is dangerous. Very dangerous for most people. Are you experienced with working with LiPo cell replacement? Personal injury and property damage can occur very easily.
Replacement batteries can be found online.

4. What the "GB" on camera stands for?
"Gimbal". The CG02GB is an integrated camera/gimbal unit. A camera and a gimbal are two different things, but most later Yuneec cameras are built into a singe unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis