Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Read your Manusl

Reaction score
Hi All,
I nearly crapped myself today. Last night I tried connecting the Typhoon H to the GUI on a windows 7 laptop and the GUI kept crashing. So I tried a Windows 10 laptop and with a bit of coaxing, got it all talking. I was doing this with the intention of increasing the altitude and geo fence limit.

All seemed to go well, until this morning I decided to see if the new settings took. So out I go and straight away I get a flashing red light. I turned everything off, reset the battery and tried again. Same issue. I changed the battery, same issue. Between me going up the hall and out into the garden my wife says "Hows the drone hun" I say "Yeah going really well" thinking I had just messed up the flight controller in some way.

On checking here on my phone I see flashing red light -------- Initialization Failure. So put 2 and 2 together and get 40. Then I read down a little further and see that a similar signal can mean the your home switch is turned on. So I checked and sure enough it was on. Panic over. So read your manual and check your switches before flight.

Long story short, the new settings took.
Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Hi All,
I nearly crapped myself today. Last night I tried connecting the Typhoon H to the GUI on a windows 7 laptop and the GUI kept crashing. So I tried a Windows 10 laptop and with a bit of coaxing, got it all talking. I was doing this with the intention of increasing the altitude and geo fence limit.

All seemed to go well, until this morning I decided to see if the new settings took. So out I go and straight away I get a flashing red light. I turned everything off, reset the battery and tried again. Same issue. I changed the battery, same issue. Between me going up the hall and out into the garden my wife says "Hows the drone hun" I say "Yeah going really well" thinking I had just messed up the flight controller in some way.

On checking here on my phone I see flashing red light -------- Initialization Failure. So put 2 and 2 together and get 40. Then I read down a little further and see that a similar signal can mean the your home switch is turned on. So I checked and sure enough it was on. Panic over. So read your manual and check your switches before flight.

Long story short, the new settings took.
Have a good day everyone.
Glad you got it sorted.

It's soooo easy to catch a switch without noticing it. I do it all the time but as part of my pre-flight I always check switches before powering up.

I will ad to what you have said by saying it is also good practice to check switches before coming in to land too...especially to check that the smart/angle/RTH switch is in the position you expect it to be in.

I also have checking switches on my pre, and post flight checklists. It has saved me headaches more than once. Since I received my concussion, I rely on my checklist more than I would have before. Almost 4 years, still have vertigo, headache (constant since July 18, 2015), light and sound sensitivity and poor memory.Had to retire as I couldn't do my job, and.... the Insurance company still haven't settled!:mad: (They T-boned me!)On the up side, I get to watch my Granddaughter daily and peruse my manual (on the computer, it reads it to me. I can't sit and read without getting stronger headache.?

Two things almost always save the day.

1) read user manuals several times before the first power up and review them again periodically. Surprises often end up being expensive and it’s just to easy to minimize surprises.

2) Develop and use checklists;
Preflight
Post take off
Landing
Post flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawchef