Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Relay Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is it possible to build a relay station for both rx/tx and wifi?

With enough money and some frequency research, certainly, but why? The H is a line of sight system.

Reactions: Grimsin
By legal technicality maybe... other wise though with the right mods... its totally capable of way more then just LOS. Heres why I am interested... So i want to shoot video in a canyon. Vary tight and vary tall sides. In some spots 100+ and less then 6 feet wide. I want to get video both above and below and most of the rims of the canyon are inaccessible because of landscape. At least easily... Take off would have to be from within the canyon and most of the flying also done from the canyon bottom. It is feasible though i could hike out the day before and drop a relay station on a rim. Or even carry a relay on the H and drop it someplace right before i lose LOS. Since i was given an awesome idea on how to carry and drop stuff with the H's landing gear in another thread...

Anyone know if you bind a 2nd ST16 as I hear you can do now and one loses radio or wifi will the other st16 automatically pick it up? Do they both have full control all the time? A 2nd ST16 if it does take over or they both have full control would also do the trick and just have two operators. One on the rim and one in the canyon bottom.

There are hairpin turns and even straight loopbacks in the canyon... Even with relays i could have issues but... Thats why i am here. ;) to figure them out before I have them.

Anyone know if you bind a 2nd ST16 as I hear you can do now and one loses radio or wifi will the other st16 automatically pick it up? Do they both have full control all the time? A 2nd ST16 if it does take over or they both have full control would also do the trick and just have two operators. One on the rim and one in the canyon bottom.

No. No matter what 2 devices you bind to the H, one can only be camera control and the other drone control.

No. No matter what 2 devices you bind to the H, one can only be camera control and the other drone control.
So its basically like the wizard? So if you bind the camera to the camera app on a phone you no longer pic it up through the st16? you cant bind more then one thing to one side?

Edit/Note - They should make it so that if one device does lose connection another automatically picks it up as a safety thing.

Hello,
Daemon on RCGroups did it, but I guess with a digital link it will not be really simple. Say: is there already available hardware to do it in a reasonable budget?
You probably need another flying device. I was wondering doing something similar for forest mapping with the drone going out of sight, because of the trees.
Ric

Hello,
Daemon on RCGroups did it, but I guess with a digital link it will not be really simple. Say: is there already available hardware to do it in a reasonable budget?
You probably need another flying device. I was wondering doing something similar for forest mapping with the drone going out of sight, because of the trees.
Ric
He turned one of the quads into the relay station. This is epic and all but i dont think any of this is doable with the H. At least not on the ST16. Maybe using another control. Can other controllers be bound to the H?

He turned one of the quads into the relay station. This is epic and all but i dont think any of this is doable with the H. At least not on the ST16. Maybe using another control. Can other controllers be bound to the H?
I'm not sure if Yuneec uses a proprietary protocol or they just use something already around and maybe open source. I guess only at Yuneec they know.
But the main problem I can see is video link, more thank RC.
What I wanted to do is still analogical on video side and RC was not a problem as the model was controlled through an autopilot. I was thinking to use the TH as relay station.
Probably it was working with a simple video repeater, like those used to send video to FPV goggles, as distance was in tenth or few hundreds meters order, with the TH just over me.

Reactions: Merlin
I have never seen so many people publicly announcing their intent to break the law, asking others to be complicit by telling them how to do it. When caught, your fine will be about $21k. If a conspiracy is involved, which means someone agreed to help by providing "how to" information, they get hammered too. That's just the FAA side, the FCC gets a go too. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen so many people publicly announcing their intent to break the law, asking others to be complicit by telling them how to do it. When caught, your fine will be about $21k. If a conspiracy is involved, which means someone agreed to help by providing "how to" information, they get hammered too. That's just the FAA side, the FCC gets a go too. Have fun.

Just nm... not worth the nonsensical argument. To the FAA and the FCC I say... GOOD LUCK. Cant suck blood from a turnip. Now back to the conversation at hand... considering no real laws are being broken considering at any point i could just say... its all for hobby purposes. Oh yea might i point out the portal for waivers. And no one has yet to be prosecuted for an internet how to that I am aware of... Trolls in the UK maybe... but not How To's. Even of the questionable nature.

This is not top secret rocket science... seriously.

They did not prosecute the guys who showed the world how to print single shot weapons of any kind from home 3d printers... a few drone pilots helping each other extend their range or alleviate short range interference... lol... yea... seriously...

Oh and gosh i could go on and will... Might i also point out the FAA reg on this actually says that you can lose LOS if you have spotters. Meaning you can go as far as you **** well please if you have enough people to line up. So... where did you get this misinformation you have? I am holding the 107 and the ACS in my hand.... No where does the FAA regulate anything having to do with your radio signals. Not that I have read yet. The FCC might but again none of this stuff is going beyond what the FCC allows. So.... Um... yea where did you get all the misinformation? I am curious... What I have in my hand is straight from the FAA site. Updated just last month.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Yuneec uses a proprietary protocol or they just use something already around and maybe open source. I guess only at Yuneec they know.
But the main problem I can see is video link, more thank RC.
What I wanted to do is still analogical on video side and RC was not a problem as the model was controlled through an autopilot. I was thinking to use the TH as relay station.
Probably it was working with a simple video repeater, like those used to send video to FPV goggles, as distance was in tenth or few hundreds meters order, with the TH just over me.
You mean like the SDK for the st16? if it were released and made open source... it would open a whole new world of possibility.

Better check again on the guy with the 3D printed gun dissemination. No charges but life got miserable. Read the 107 regs again about remote operator's line of sight and not extending range.

Seriously people, Does anyone really think the FAA or anyone else cares about a consumer grade drone flying in a canyon with 1 person every 40 miles? I doubt it. The guy is obviously a serious hobbyist and to denounce his honest question defies common sense. Oh, and by the way, if you drive 1 MPH over the posted speed limit you are SPEEDING.

You are joking, isn't it?
You for sure don't think USA is the only country in the world, isn't it?
You for sure don't think its laws are the only right, isn't it?
You for sure don't think that in the Seychelles, where I was supposed to do the work I mentioned, take more care of LOS than forest health ...
Ric

Better check again on the guy with the 3D printed gun dissemination. No charges but life got miserable. Read the 107 regs again about remote operator's line of sight and not extending range.

I think you need to read it again. It says you can have spotters and extend the range or rather... in the case of the P4 use the range it comes with out of the box..... Further more again i point out the portal for waivers. Are you not keeping up with Amazon? and their desire to have UAV's delivering packages? Come on... if you think that there is not a loophole your crazy.

BTW there was more then one gun guy. And life got miserable? How so? And again my point is still proven... No one was prosecuted.

Just a side note... The waiver portal and waivers and such involve an inspection to insure your capable of safely operating beyond current regulations. Now how do you suppose one would go about doing that? Hmm i dont suppose it would be by building relays? nah that could not be! lol........

And lots of spotters. lol

No point arguing about hypothetical projects. I think all of you have good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers