Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

There is a dedicated thread devoted to choosing or creating an appropriate organization in the General forum.

We, as both individuals and a group, are facing the beginning regulatory efforts that will severely restrict, and possibly eliminate the aero RC and consumer drone society. At best new regulations will increase the cost of participation substantially. It behooves everyone that flies RC or drones to get involved snd participate in this and future NPRM releases. You cannot sit back thinking or hoping someone else will handle this to your benefit. That is precisely how we have arrived at where we are now.

The FAA’s NRPM on RID — What It
Ain’t

Attachments

• The FAA's NRPM on RID — What It Ain't _ InterDrone.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
have summited a nprm comment seeking clarification on a situation regarding no internet at the area a pilot with standard remote id.
here is my comment made.
for internet connectivity need for limited and standard remote id requirements. to comply with.
Will that means if any internet service supplier that is up and running in a area that a uas operator that has sortie in he must be connected to it.
this are for standard remote id.
All examples the uav has no problems broadcasting directly from aircraft.
These are for UAS Service Suppliers connectivity issues that are only on the internet service providers side that connected to a UAS service supplier then provider drops signal. or Uas service supplier is up running with no problems at all on there side. However Standard remote id operator internet provider does not service that area. However There are others internet cell companies and internet satellite providers that are up and running with no issues. Must the Standard remote id operator use them for the first or second to last sortie to be undertaken.
example 1 for standard remote id uas operator has cell provider A. internet Cell provider A goes down. the aircraft still broadcast normally all the way to landing and uav power down.
However there is other internet cell providers B,C AND D that are also present and they are up and running. Internet cell provider A is still down. for the next sortie which is right after the one that just ended must the Uas operator switch to a internet cell provider B,C, and D that are up and running.
Example 2 for standard remote id. Uas operator has internet cell provider A and that provider does not cover(no service from the get go in) that area but there are internet cell providers B,C and D or just internet cell provider C ,B ,OR D. They have internet access up and running. Must the standard remote operator connect to those alternative providers to be able to do the first sortie. or would he able to fly with just broadcast form aircraft only.
Example 3 there is no internet cell providers in the area. however there is internet by satellite provider. must the Uas operator use that method to comply with standard remote id.
depending on your response (the faa) this could impose a huge expenses and burdens to uas pilots by requiring for compliance that uas pilots must obtain multiple internet suppliers with contracts with each and every internet supplier in his operation areas (cell company is primary means for in the field sorties where the pilot is at location).
Limited remote id means for those who fly in many area around USA must have multiple internet service suppliers to be able to fly
Can standard remote id be used by pilots that are for furtherance of a business as a 107 pilot that also flies not in furtherance of a business.

have summited a nprm comment seeking clarification on a situation regarding no internet at the area
It could be a GPS sensor that provides this information, so there would be no need for internet access by the pilot. GPS can be used to report information across the WWW.

Mobile tracking devices use GPS satellites to track and record the location of the devices. They vary in size, with some designed as a small pendant or a wristband, and can be battery operated or plugged into a car battery.

Mobile tracking devices used to be the bailiwick of private investigators, spies and law enforcement. Today, anyone can easily purchase them online and in stores. The devices can be worn or attached to a car or other object, and the location information they collect can be monitored from afar on a purchaser’s computer or a dedicated website.

The market for personal mobile tracking devices is growing. Parents use them to keep tabs on teenagers, caregivers can feel more confident when watching over family members or nursing home residents with dementia, and employers can manage their workforce more efficiently and effectively.
So for the drone industries, it would mean adding this type of sensor to their drones. The cost would be small considering this sensor would be mass-produced.

Not all drones will have to have this added feature, only the ones sold in the US. So, once this rule takes effect, buyers need to be aware of purchasing drones not sold in the US. Any drone that doesn't have this feature will have to be upgraded to meet the standards of the new rule, at the cost of the new American owner.

It could be a GPS sensor that provides this information, so there would be no need for internet access by the pilot. GPS can be used to report information across the WWW.

Mobile tracking devices use GPS satellites to track and record the location of the devices. They vary in size, with some designed as a small pendant or a wristband, and can be battery operated or plugged into a car battery.

Mobile tracking devices used to be the bailiwick of private investigators, spies and law enforcement. Today, anyone can easily purchase them online and in stores. The devices can be worn or attached to a car or other object, and the location information they collect can be monitored from afar on a purchaser’s computer or a dedicated website.

The market for personal mobile tracking devices is growing. Parents use them to keep tabs on teenagers, caregivers can feel more confident when watching over family members or nursing home residents with dementia, and employers can manage their workforce more efficiently and effectively.
So for the drone industries, it would mean adding this type of sensor to their drones. The cost would be small considering this sensor would be mass-produced.

Not all drones will have to have this added feature, only the ones sold in the US. So, once this rule takes effect, buyers need to be aware of purchasing drones not sold in the US. Any drone that doesn't have this feature will have to be upgraded to meet the standards of the new rule, at the cost of the new American owner.

For one, I've never seen a GPS device that could transmit positional data to the Internet via GPS satellites- the satellites don't have that capability.

Even if they did, and even if the device were ultralight, tiny, and free, we should still be saying no.

Not even gun owners are treated this badly. "We want to put tracking devices on you", **** that noise. I'll never comply with that.

You must not live in California. I can assure you, California keeps very close track of registered gun owners. They even have a special policing agency to ferret out errant or illegal gun owners.

You must not live in California. I can assure you, California keeps very close track of registered gun owners. They even have a special policing agency to ferret out errant or illegal gun owners.

Yeah, California is particularly bad. They still haven't tried putting GPS tracking devices on 'em though (yet).

Actually, President Bush did when conducting a federal investigation of illegal firearms sales and transfers into Mexico. Each firearm had a GPS tracking device to determine how they traveled and where they ended up. Obama/Holder tried a different method of exposing straw buyers but failed to track the weapons, causing a great many weapons to be “lost”, which ended up killing U.S. LEA people.

Actually, President Bush did when conducting a federal investigation of illegal firearms sales and transfers into Mexico. Each firearm had a GPS tracking device to determine how they traveled and where they ended up. Obama/Holder tried a different method of exposing straw buyers but failed to track the weapons, causing a great many weapons to be “lost”, which ended up killing U.S. LEA people.

That's a bit different than what we're talking about (or at least what I'm talking about) though.

OK lets get off guns and back on the subject at hand.

here is a part on another comment I made to the nprm
While I support the FAA and their efforts to ensure a near absolute safe environment for national air space. I do welcome realistic and reasonable methods to Identify uas in the growing of the uas population in the coming years. As of now I do believe 400 AGL is appropriate flight level mark.With man aircraft low level mark at 500 AGL which gives 100 ft separation

With that be said I do have concerns. For aircraft with remote id the remote id must not hinder in anyway of the following. 1st the entire air space under FAA jurisdiction normal for UAS Minus any and all prohibited areas and or any TFR for man and Uas flights. That airspace must be made without any obstruction in any way shape or form be made available for Legal Uas operators both recreational and commercial. 2ND financial and or other burdens to comply must be minimalized to the greatest extent possible. 3rd There must be means to ensure full compliance and those who fly rouge must be held fully accountable. 4th In current form this will have massive pilot safety issues with some general public folks will harass (verbal or with weapons knives or firearms) or use law enforcement to needlessly harass legal flying pilots who are fully with in the laws. Changes must be made to protect pilots from harm. As the unmanned aircraft as been defined as actual aircraft
not as a toy or a model of a aircraft. The following suggestions are being presented for the 4th concern. 1st shooting at or downing of (in any method) a LEGAL FLIGHT uav that is in the air or on the ground needs to have severe civil and criminal penalties attached that are actually enforced and prosecuted. 2nd Interfering with a LEGAL FLIGHT uav operation also must have severe civil and or criminal penalties that are actually enforced. 3rd If civilian for federal law enforcement agents and other official security personnel (such as state for federal park rangers) are to help the FAA enforce Unmanned Air System regulations they must be fully professionally trained and certified on the all the laws regarding the use of Unmanned aircraft systems.

The 400ft AGL limit for flights I mentioned before was pre remote id. With remote Id enabled I would like to make a few requests. 1st request increase the flight AGL to 200 ft from the floor of controlled E airspace outside of controlled airspace of airports. 2nd increase distance flying from ground station from 400ft to 1000ft in a sparsely populated area (farm field or other low population area). if limited remote id must be had. 3rd CBO such as AMA can have new fixed flight sites approved beyond proposed 12 month period after rules takes effect. 4th CBO such as AMA can request waivers that can be granted easily to hold contest or challenges at areas that more suitable for the events than at the existing fixed flight site. 5th to enable request 1 require abd-s in (not adb-s out) module for remote pilots to track and have a heads up advantage for manned flights near them that is not In visual range of the ground station site that will flyover where they are at so they can move the unmanned aircraft out of the way. before the man aircraft comes into visual sight.

A lot of this made sense until he started giving Sen. Mike Lee’s bill the thumbs up. Can you even imagine the airspace patchwork quilt that would be created from 200’ AGL downward?

What needs to be done is the big commercial transport business needs to take place in some area above 450’ AGL and incorporate equipment for ATC, Air Transport, and General Aviation to know where they are flying and programming that makes these commercial drones avoid all other aircraft at that altitude.

I don’t plan on giving up one cubic inch of airspace to these huge corporate entities.

A lot of this made sense until he started giving Sen. Mike Lee’s bill the thumbs up. Can you even imagine the airspace patchwork quilt that would be created from 200’ AGL downward?

What needs to be done is the big commercial transport business needs to take place in some area above 450’ AGL and incorporate equipment for ATC, Air Transport, and General Aviation to know where they are flying and programming that makes these commercial drones avoid all other aircraft at that altitude.

I don’t plan on giving up one cubic inch of airspace to these huge corporate entities.

What I got from it is yes he is concerned but more about his business going out of business so that was his solution to keep the money coming in for him and his family.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I thought the Canadian laws got tough with their last revision, but at least you can still fly there. The US is turning into a commercial drone transport economy with this POS that is proposed. I might have to start spending the Summer in Sarnia. It’s only 60 miles from my home in Genesee, MI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval