Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to Home on the controller

I understood you to say they sent you a link on how to connect to the internal memory of the Breeze with a PC using WiFi instead of USB, since you could not access it via USB.

I understood you to say they sent you a link on how to connect to the internal memory of the Breeze with a PC using WiFi instead of USB, since you could not access it via USB.

Pardon my creating 'fake news'.

My service question to Yuneec was about my inability to connect by USB to the Breeze internal memory.

Whilst it might be desireable for you and others to connect to the memory of the Breeze by wifi to transfer pictures and video such was not the true and intended content of my correspondence with Yuneec, despite what yours and my correspondences seem to have suggested.

While wifi transfer (download) from the drone's memory (using the Breeze app )to my Android phone's memory has been routinely used by me

the transfer of pictures and video to my laptop was made using a flash drive with both a micro USB (phone) and a standard USB connection (laptop)
2018-09-20_17.27.02.jpg

Micro Center - Computers and Electronics

Thanks, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks, sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you routinely download to phone from Breeze and view your pictures and video (1080 p stabilized in my case) on site in the field and wish to wifi transfer these files to your desktop then an appropriate app (Android in my case) could be used. A router for the desktop might be needed.
Screenshot_20180920-190727.png

Last edited:
Nice forum..my error...not sure if I'll replace.

I decided to buy a DJI Spark. The Spark's camera can take spherical panoramas (46 image stitch).
Press this link:

Robert Eisenman

The log files (app flight or controller mode flight) of the Spark are encrypted but can be uploaded to a site for gps based path display and csv.txt conversion/download.

The controller has a dedicated RTH button which I like. I'm enjoying the Spark.

I returned to the location where I lost the Breeze. The sea was turbulent, there was no fog and a Phantom pilot stood atop the same rock

piloting his drone over the surf.

The Active Track of the Spark is capable of moving fast in 'trace' mode.

Glad you are happy with your new purchase. Nice Spark commercial.

But the thing to remember is that you lost the Breeze due to pilot error, not through any fault of the Breeze. I’ll wager that you read the manual for the Spark, after losing the Breeze by not knowing how to do the RTH function on the controller. I’m not saying this to be demeaning, we all learn from our mistakes as well as other’s mistakes. I wanted those joining the thread at this point to know that the Breeze did what it was supposed to. There was no malfunction or flyaway.

Last edited:
But the thing to remember is that you lost the Breeze due to pilot error

No doubt about that. Didn't even occur to me which button was rth although I'd 'read about it' multiple times. Prior (to the last flight) active practice flights using rth (controller button) would have helped.The label it (rth button) idea is a good suggestion. I think I hit the landing button once hoping I wasn't over water....no count down though. Slight fog background and white drone color made for hard to recognize conditions for this eye glasses wearer. Battery life seemed to dwindle quickly. It never occurred to me that relaunching the app to get out of controller might reset the return home point....So sad to see the altitude dwindle somewhere out of sight during auto landing under low battery.

In the process of stitching pano's with my new purchase I found the software call 'Microsoft - Image Composite Editor' to be very useful. Pano's from videos too.

I will agree that Yuneec could have done a much better job with the Breeze controller. They had the emblem on the Power button changed to the Yuneec “Y”. They could have also labeled the A, B, X, and Y buttons to reflect their functions. A could have had the ‘bot’ icon for Android mode, B could have had the eaten apple icon for iOS and been programmed to initiate iOS mode on power up instead of Y. Speaking of which, Y could have had the RTH symbol on it. Lastly the X button could have been labeled and programmed to be Land to initiate a land at present position.

They also need to change the yaw rate on either the left stick (in mode 2) or on the d-pad so a slower pan can be achieved for video.

I have also found that I cannot combine left stick inputs. I can ascend/descend or yaw left/right but cannot change altitude and yaw at the same time. The deadband on the yaw is also much too large on the left stick.

can ascend/descend or yaw left/right but cannot change altitude and yaw at the same time.

Very nice summary.

As a mere mortal I sometimes suffer from 'too much information' with some learning issues. IMO the Breeze does well when under control (sometimes hard to achieve precisely with the app or controller) and it IMG_20181007_161005962_BURST000_COVER.jpgdoes 4k too!
I can't confirm but suggest that 'visual flow' monitoring of the ground with induced yaw might present a challenge for how the Breeze monitors position over the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt