Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return To Home (RTH) Warning!

Reaction score
Just to be clear - this was my fault, I just wanted to let others know of this behavior.

So, I decided to test the RTH function, went from angle mode to RTH and everything worked as expected.
After confirming RTH worked, I took control and continued flying as if I was in angle mode.

BUT, I FORGOT TO PUT THE FLIGHT MODE BACK TO ANGLE!

I headed out away across a field and all of a sudden the H started to descend! Nothing would stop it - it was going down no matter how much throttle I gave it. Thankfully I was in an open field so there was no crash (It even auto-deployed the landing gear!) I shudder to think what could have happened if I wasn't in an open field when I made this mistake! I estimate the H was 200 feet away when it decided it was landing no matter what.

So, just a heads up to remember to switch out of RTH mode if you are going to continue flying...

Just to be clear - this was my fault, I just wanted to let others know of this behavior.

So, I decided to test the RTH function, went from angle mode to RTH and everything worked as expected.
After confirming RTH worked, I took control and continued flying as if I was in angle mode.

BUT, I FORGOT TO PUT THE FLIGHT MODE BACK TO ANGLE!

I headed out away across a field and all of a sudden the H started to descend! Nothing would stop it - it was going down no matter how much throttle I gave it. Thankfully I was in an open field so there was no crash (It even auto-deployed the landing gear!) I shudder to think what could have happened if I wasn't in an open field when I made this mistake! I estimate the H was 200 feet away when it decided it was landing no matter what.

So, just a heads up to remember to switch out of RTH mode if you are going to continue flying...
Good info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone