Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

REVISED AD -- FOR SALE Yuneec Typhoon H Pro Drone System w/Intel RealSense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

FOR SALE Yuneec Typhoon H Pro Drone System
w/Intel RealSense Technology (System 2)

Age & declining health issues are forcing me to sell my Typhoon H Collection. Please see my photos and my other drone related ads.
The Typhoon H Pro with RealSense technology builds a 3D model of the world, while navigating through it. Using a 3D model of its environment enables the drone to make intelligent choices about creating routes and obstacles. Additionally, RealSense is capable of remembering its environment, further enhancing the prevention of possible collisions. It is not reactionary - if it avoids an obstacle once, it will remember the location of the obstacle and automatically know to avoid it in the future. Combined with the 360-degree CGO3+ gimbal camera, RealSense extends the possibilities of Watch Me and Follow Me mode to avoid objects while filming in any direction. Whether you're out exploring a deserted hiking trail or enjoying a bicycle ride along the beach, capturing the perfect shot is now stress-free. This "Typhoon H" drone is a professional drone with many advanced features and is one of the drones used on many TV programs. With GPS stabilized flight control, 5 Rotor Fail-Safe, and 8 smart flight modes including auto takeoff and land, the Typhoon H is made with carbon fiber construction and is safe and requires no experience to fly. It features an Android powered ST 16 Ground Station with a 7” touchscreen, CGO3+ 4K UHD camera, Retractable landing gear, 6 Rotor Safety with 5 rotor Fail Safe, Sonar Collision Prevention, 8 Smart Flight Modes including; Orbit Me, Point of Interest, Journey Mode, and Curved cable cam and Up to 25 minutes flight time.
The 3-axis anti-vibration CGO3+ gimbal camera captures ultra-stable 4K Ultra High Definition video, vivid 12 megapixel still images and can be rotated through an unlimited, 360 degree range of motion. The CGO3+ gimbal camera features a high quality glass 98 degree field of view, wide-angle lens, and offers manual camera settings while in flight.
Photographers and videographers will benefit from a camera capable of 4K video and 12-megapixel stills. Other drones force you to choose between image quality or flight stability, but the Typhoon H system gives you both.
This Typhoon H Pro System includes: (See Photos)

ST 16 - Android powered Ground Station with 3 antennas and a 7” touchscreen
Typhoon H Pro Drone
12 props
A “new” installed but not activated Real Sense & Obstacle Avoidance System
CGO3+ Camera, Gimbal & 2- travel lens locking covers
  • NEW (never used) Wizard for 1 hand operation
  • 2 Typhoon H AC/DC chargers, cords and a DC cord for car charging batteries
  • 4 Drone batteries (2 Yuneec 5400 mAh & 2 Ultra-X 6300 mAh batteries ** See note below
  • ST 16 Removable Sunshield
  • 1- I Sky hard sided roller case & Yuneec H cut-out foam packing
  • SD Card that contains 9 Yuneec Typhoon H Downloads including the operating manual
** I will also include up to 5 additional older batteries, @ no cost, that still take a partial charge depending on availability.

New the system retails for $1,700 +- without my extras. This system has been flight tested and in good working condition. I am selling this system as a complete – All inclusive package for $1,100 cash (no checks) or Pay Pal. Buyer pays for shipping and insurance costs. I will consider reasonable offers. With a drone sale I do not accept returns. The best way to reach me is by responding to this ad or by text 910-363-6362 or email: [email protected]

A Pro Sys Ad (3).JPGA Pro Sys Ad (1).JPGA Pro Sys Ad (2).JPGA Pro Sys Ad (4).JPGA Pro Sys Ad (5).JPGA Pro Sys Ad (6).JPGA Pro Sys Ad (7).JPG

Reactions: Barney
Have taken off the ST16 Antennas in pic 2 and 3 ?

No antennas and power on = not good.

Reactions: Russell Smith
You may have just ruined your ST 16 without the antennas on, WHY!!!??? Your H is now worth??????

You may have just ruined your ST 16 without the antennas on, WHY!!!??? Your H is now worth??????
I was unaware of that potential. It was on for about 2 minutes. I'll give it a test run to check it out. Thanks I appreciate the input.

Is there anything specific I should look for when looking for damage etc??
2.4 ghz and 5.8 ghz connections to the copter won't work. Potentially control and video could be lost. But test it, you may lucky.

It is possible that the transmitters have been damaged by powering on without the antennas attached. This could blow the transmitter instantly, or given the limited amount of power used, there is a possibility they survived. If it binds and you have control of the aircraft and video from the camera, the transmitters are not dead. However they could still be damaged and still put out a reduced signal. You should do a quick range test to be sure there was no damage to either transmitter.

Reactions: AH-1G
It is possible that the transmitters have been damaged by powering on without the antennas attached. This could blow the transmitter instantly, or given the limited amount of power used, there is a possibility they survived. If it binds and you have control of the aircraft and video from the camera, the transmitters are not dead. However they could still be damaged and still put out a reduced signal. You should do a quick range test to be sure there was no damage to either transmitter.

Well, I'm screwed. A really stupid mistake. The ST16 was damaged although the camera and the H did power up. Power was erratic (up & down). Took a while to be able to shut it down, wanted to minimize the damage and not make it worse. Didn't try taking photos/videos, but I could rotate the camera. Modes didn't work, just a blinking blue light. All suggestions will be appreciated, including where to sent it to be repaired. Thanks to all for your input.

All suggestions will be appreciated, including where to sent it to be repaired.

OK, maybe some bad stuff, but lets not panic right yet. Please clarify some of your points:

Power was erratic (up & down). What "power" were you referring too as going up and down? One wonders if you were able to start the motors. If motors are running with no props, this behavior is normal if you tried to increase power with no props. IF motors started at all, it implies there was a successful bind, and communication with the drone.

Took a while to be able to shut it down. How long was "a while". There is a 3 second time delay built in. The time gets extended considerably if you were releasing the button before 3 seconds, and then pressing again.

I could rotate the camera.
I assume you mean by turning the Yaw Knob (K1)? This also implies a successful bind and communication.

Modes didn't work, just a blinking blue light. Were you on the main screen? The modes will not change if, for instance, you are looking at the "Hardware Monitor" screen. And the rear LED would be blinking blue. Also, there are a few "blue lights" involved. Which one was blinking?

Are you seeing normal telemetry on screen?
If the blinking blue light was not the rear LED, then what color is the rear LED when the Mode Switch is in the Angle Mode?

And for the sake of full understanding; Are the antennas on now, and are both controller battery and flight battery fully charged?

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
lets not panic right yet
I agree. I would be very surprised if there was damage to the RF module unless it was turned on for an extended period. It would have to get pretty hot to cause damage and I doubt it in this case. @WTFDproject makes raises some good questions. I suspect the ST16 is fairly robust and would not be damaged by a brief missing antenna.

In fact one member flew several flights recently while trying to determine why the H was kicking into RTH at a short distance. Eventually he found the coax was broken inside the ST16. After replacing the coax all was good and normal operation was reestablished.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Did you allow at least 10 minutes for new GPS data before taking off?

I agree. I would be very surprised if there was damage to the RF module unless it was turned on for an extended period.
I also agree with what Steve says. I have decades of experience with radio transmitters and antennas, from micro watts to mega watts. Generally speaking it is possible to damage or destroy a transmitter when operated without a proper load -tuned antenna or dummy load. The more power involved, the more catastrophic the damage can be, and the more instantaneous the result. Low power transmitters are far more forgiving and can be operated for longer periods of time before failing, if at all.

That said, I have no idea what Yuneec uses for a transmitter, what power it produces, and if it incorporates any open circuit protection, so I cannot really speak to whether operating an ST16/S without the antennas would hurt it. For this reason I have stayed out of these no-antenna conversations, because personally I am skeptical that it would hurt the transmitters. It is entirely possible one can get away with this for quite a while. ...However I am NOT recommending that anyone try it!

Last edited:
OK, maybe some bad stuff, but lets not panic right yet. Please clarify some of your points:

Power was erratic (up & down). What "power" were you referring too as going up and down? One wonders if you were able to start the motors. If motors are running with no props, this behavior is normal if you tried to increase power with no props. IF motors started at all, it implies there was a successful bind, and communication with the drone.

Took a while to be able to shut it down. How long was "a while". There is a 3 second time delay built in. The time gets extended considerably if you were releasing the button before 3 seconds, and then pressing again.

I could rotate the camera.
I assume you mean by turning the Yaw Knob (K1)? This also implies a successful bind and communication.

Modes didn't work, just a blinking blue light. Were you on the main screen? The modes will not change if, for instance, you are looking at the "Hardware Monitor" screen. And the rear LED would be blinking blue. Also, there are a few "blue lights" involved. Which one was blinking?
Are you seeing normal telemetry on screen?
If the blinking blue light was not the rear LED, then what color is the rear LED when the Mode Switch is in the Angle Mode?

And for better understanding; Are the antennas on now, and are both controller battery and flight battery fully charged?
Let me respond in bhope of clearing things up for you. My apologizes.
1.Power was erratic (up & down). What "power" I had the "H" motors running with props and prop speed varied without me changing them. Then it accelerated enough to lift off the ground by 4' and then landed on it's side breaking 2 props. ST 16 "was" bound at least partially.
2. Took a while to be able to shut it down. How long was "a while". 15 - 20 seconds, enough time for me to press the stop button several times before it stopped.
3. I could rotate the camera. Correct K1
4. Modes didn't work, just a blinking blue light. Yes on the normal Flying screen seeing what the was camera seeing. The blue light was the rear one that shows what mode I was flying in Angle, Return to home etc.

5. And for better understanding; Yes both props & 3 antennas are on. I learned my lesson. Won't do anything without antennas on. Hope this helps clear things up. Very appreciative of your time and help.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Go to Hardware monitor (Turn on only the ST16) and test the sticks. It's a good practice to "stir" the sticks rapidly before each flight. That helps keep the sticks clean and operating properly.

The Kill button must be held down for at least 3 full seconds before the motors stop. If you are having problems landing and killing the motors it's easier to hover about 8" above the ground, then press and hold the kill button until the H lands and the motors stop.

Go to Hardware monitor (Turn on only the ST16) and test the sticks. It's a good practice to "stir" the sticks rapidly before each flight. That helps keep the sticks clean and operating properly.

The Kill button must be held down for at least 3 full seconds before the motors stop. If you are having problems landing and killing the motors it's easier to hover about 8" above the ground, then press and hold the kill button until the H lands and the motors stop.
Thanks, I'll give it a try a let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval