Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RTH Altitude Setting Latest FW

GMC

Reaction score
I set the altitude I want but it returns to the default height if I shut down the ST16. Is this normal?

Thanks, GaryM

I'm sure I read somewhere that all the new feature setting will revert back to their default once ST16 is switched off, I can understand Yuneec logic in some of the settings defaulting back but not this one.

That's very odd...I've set altitude at 100' one time right after the firmware update and it is still in place since September 1...haven't had to reset it at all as I've flown numerous times since and it is holding firm. There must be something that didn't go quite right with your update. Maybe try downloading and updating once more? If not that, I'd call Yuneec CS.

That's very odd...I've set altitude at 100' one time right after the firmware update and it is still in place since September 1...haven't had to reset it at all as I've flown numerous times since and it is holding firm. There must be something that didn't go quite right with your update. Maybe try downloading and updating once more? If not that, I'd call Yuneec CS.

Can you please give me the steps you are using to get this result? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Can you please give me the steps you are using to get this result? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I have seen posts indicating it stays in memory with some birds and with others it resets. I have no clue at this time why it varies.

I have seen posts indicating it stays in memory with some birds and with others it resets. I have no clue at this time why it varies.
Maybe it has to do with having an sd card in the st16....just a thought.

Bill W.

Yes, switch it off after every session. As I said, I've flown numerous flights since the update across 3 or 4 sessions. As for steps, all I've done is just set the slider to the altitude I want for RTH.

GMC, mea culpa...After thinking about this further I went and checked my ST16 again. What I had mistakenly recalled was that I had set the height my last flight at the base level of 65 feet, which is normally fine where I fly. However, I previously had set it at 100 feet but didn't check to see if it had changed because the last few flights previous, I hit RTH but was flying at 100' so the bird naturally returned at that level. So, long story short:

You are correct: Turning off the ST16 does reset the RTH altitude to 65'...but, even worse: You don't even have to turn the ST16 off to lose your altitude setting for RTH. Even simply exiting telemetry to access Pad and then returning to Home Screen, the altitude setting reverts back to the base 65 feet! UNACCEPTABLE!

Unless someone else can confirm otherwise, this is definitely a bug in the update and needs to be fixed immediately. For those of us (like here in Tennessee) who have to fly regularly around 60-70 foot trees, this is an extremely dangerous bug. So for now, this is another item I'll have to add to my preflight checklist before liftoff as well as every time I exit telemetry, much less switch off the ST16.. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, GMC! o_O

YUNEEC, I hope you are listening!

The ST16 does not hold the RTH Height setting. Both the ST16 and the 'H' must be 'ON' and then the previous setting is displayed. It does not reset everytime. (Not on mine anyway).

I think the RTH altitude selected via the ST16 is stored in the YTH. I tested it by binding to the Wizard only, executing RTH, and than it did the selected altitude and the new RTH behaviour instead of the old one... (firmware v2.21!)

The ST16 does not hold the RTH Height setting. Both the ST16 and the 'H' must be 'ON' and then the previous setting is displayed. It does not reset everytime. (Not on mine anyway).
That's great to know since I only tried it with the St16... thanks for the clarification!

I think the RTH altitude selected via the ST16 is stored in the YTH. I tested it by binding to the Wizard only, executing RTH, and than it did the selected altitude and the new RTH behaviour instead of the old one... (firmware v2.21!)

Thanks very much vr-pilot. That's exactly what I was doing wrong. It works as it should if you do it right.

Reactions: abinder
FWIW my RTH height also gets stored fine, even after switching off. Using the RS bird with latest FW 2.25.

Sort of an old thread but I'm a newbie & my RTH height won't go below 65 feet. That's normal?

I can set my Phantom to whatever I want but of course they're two completely animals - or birds.

I think for safety reasons Yuneec have put a default minimum of 20 metres as RTH height. This makes sense as there are more likely to be obstacles at an elevation less than 20m.
BTW, with the latest update, the ST16 does remember your last RTH height. Mine is set at 38m.

Last edited:
Reactions: PDX1953 and zandoli
I think for safety reasons Yuneec have put a default minimum of 20 metres as RTH height. This makes sense as there are more likely to be obstacles at an elevation less than 20m.
BTW, with the latest update, the ST16 does remember your last RTH height. Mine is set at 38m.

I'll just suck it up & learn to live with it and to my surprise, I just checked the DJI Go app for my Phantoms and the lowest setting is 20 meters / 65.25 feet. Learn something new every day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval