Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RTH function and the drift from take-off point

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem with the GPS and the RTH function. I have calibrated all function, but the TH leave one point and will return under RTH switch to a location 10 metres away. The TH use to return to within 0.5 metre. Can someone suggest a solution?

KIm

The launch point is different from the Home point. Home is the controller and that is where the H will fly when you select Home mode. The location of the ST16 is dependent on a good GPS fix. The antenna for the GPS is located at the bottom edge about in the middle of the controller. It can get covered up rather easily so it's important to allow it to "see" the sky.

The H should land roughly 15' from the ST16 but in the line of flight. I have never seen it fly past me and land behind me. It has always landed in the flight path.

I seem to have a problem with the GPS and the RTH function. I have calibrated all function, but the TH leave one point and will return under RTH switch to a location 10 metres away. The TH use to return to within 0.5 metre. Can someone suggest a solution?

KIm

Do you have the RTH set for the controllers location or from last known takeoff point?

Never experienced it landing within 0.5 of a metre, it will change if your walking about, that's not even mentioned in the handbook, always a least 3 meters for me, all my Typhoons.

The H-480 Home location is “dynamic”. It moves as the controller moves. If you walk (example) 20’ after launch the Home point follows the controller. When RTH is activated so is Smart mode, and when in Smart mode the H should not come any closer to the controller than 15’-17’ or so. An RTH landing will occur outside that distance.

The only time it will automatically RTH to a point closer to the controller is when RC link is lost with the controller, at which time it will return to the last “known” location of the controller and hover until re-establishing link or the battery becomes depleted, when it will land itself.

If you want to use RTH but land closer, toggle the mode switch as the H gets close to Home and place the switch in Angle mode to interrupt the RTH cycle. From there you fly it to wherever you want to land it yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval