Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RTK is now available?

Reaction score
This for high accuracy topographic surveying. This is the same field where a modern GNSS base and rover survey setup costs well into 5 figures. These systems are used because they can produce sub-centimeter accuracies.

In this case the idea is to make the image coordinates so accurate that the photogrammetric models only need check points at worst to confirm accuracy. Some people saying the P4P rtk doesn't need check points.

I'd be tempted to recommend the upgrade to my boss but I want to know more about the workflow. We already have a base and rover, and would prefer using the systems we have to provide the rtk corrections.

EDIT;
I should add that it also allows for higher navigational accuracy, as well as providing additional backup in high gps-interference areas. A prime example would be near high power electricity substations / electricity plants where large magnetic fields may be at play.

@dsandson an L1 RTK system, of the Base and Rober type, similar to the one carried by the H520 costs about 1000€ ($1200). The price have lowered a lot. We are not talking about an L1-L2.

@dsandson an L1 RTK system, of the Base and Rober type, similar to the one carried by the H520 costs about 1000€ ($1200). The price have lowered a lot. We are not talking about an L1-L2.

Yeah I realise L1 systems are cheaper. First I've heard anything on whether the H520 is L1 or L1/L2. I was hoping the latter.

l1 systems are limited to very short range applications. atleast 1km and not much further. not suitable for beyond visual line of sight flights.

Yeah I realise L1 systems are cheaper. First I've heard anything on whether the H520 is L1 or L1/L2. I was hoping the latter.

For that price? In an CES video I think they say so. I think I posted it in the forum. Or maybe I just saw it? I don't remember.

P.D.: I found one of the videos I saw and I think it contradicts or for a change I fail the English. It says that without any other device works in the range of cm ... ie between 1 and 10 cm. It seems to me too precise for everything that is available in the market............

Then it says that with the base module in the millimeter range, between 1 and 10 mm? o_O

Another video with a more cautious opinion, is not a salesman and awaits the real tests, the reviews.

Unfortunately, I can't find the video I was referring to :confused:

I think we have to wait for the reviews because the data that have been heard so far, seem to me too bold. I could be wrong.

price info from yuneec usa web site for rtk options these may change but lets hope they stay the same. The H520 RTK will be available in the second quarter of 2019 in different configurations: as a complete system including the H520 airframe and RTK module, for $3199, and as an upgrade for existing H520 customers for $1699. The H520 RTK GPS ground station will be sold separately for $2399.

The upgrade is very cheap versus what I've seen quoted for Europe. Lets hope that price sticks!

I do accounts with prices in dollars and USA which is the prices you have set, official Yuneec prices.

H520 = $2.000
H520 RTK = $3.200
OLD H520 + UPGRADE RTK = $1.700

To all this must be added the base module, because the above is only the rober module.

H520 RTK GPS ground station = $2.400

Upgrading an old H520 costs you $500. It would be 3.200 -2000 = 1.200 (new that has RTK)

To the H520 updated you will probably have to add the shipping costs.

And to all the above must be added the base that are another $2,400. Because nobody is fooled, and so it leads to confusion, without a base or without a quality equipment that gives you at least one position or GPC with good accuracy where to establish the starting point you will not get a precise RTK position ever............ The wheel has been invented for many years and people can be unpleasant surprises due to ignorance :eek:

cost of bare bones kit no camera included 5600.00. that is basic rtk h520 airframe and gps ground station. Not to bad if you got a camera for the h520 aready. however if you do not have a camera the cost goes up to about 7600.00 for e90 and 13k for the new et10 camera around 640 model. the 320 et10 would be just a bit less.

Reactions: arruntus
cost of bare bones kit no camera included 5600.00. that is basic rtk h520 airframe and gps ground station. Not to bad if you got a camera for the h520 aready. however if you do not have a camera the cost goes up to about 7600.00 for e90 and 13k for the new et10 camera around 640 model. the 320 et10 would be just a bit less.

The camera was missing to put it at the end and I forgot :rolleyes:, with the consequent increase in price of course.

It is a good news RTK is coming to H520. May be Haydn can tell us what is a cost of upgrading and getting a ground station in Australia.

Last edited:
when you add air frame and gps ground station and e90 camera which is around 7600.00. it is cheaper than dji phantom 4 rtk with it's required dji rtk ground station. and still cost less than dji m210 rtk which is 11.3k for the airframe no camera plus 4000for dji rtk groundstation. not including dji cameras.

Actually, it's $6,900 when you buy everything new. We can't compare with drones that are in another category. To talk about the M210 only with the starting price it has is to talk about another category. Talking about the Phantom is more balanced even though I think the H520 is in a higher category, although to compare it equitably it should have all the functionalities it lacks, it is not yet the case. In everything else I think it leaves the Phantom far behind.

Comparing only prices is very subjective because then you have to evaluate, or we should all evaluate, the advantages and disadvantages of those drones over what they cost.

My personal opinion, the DJI prices when we go up from Phantom model are disproportionate. When we talk about Yuneec, exactly the same thing happens when we go up from the H or the H PLUS, the H520 or 920. They are too expensive. Starting with the battery charger, continuing with the batteries and ending with the aircraft itself (at least to this day).

I heard there will be an RTK network available via monthly subscription for those who do not want to foot the initial cost of the ground station .

I heard there will be an RTK network available via monthly subscription for those who do not want to foot the initial cost of the ground station .

It depends on the zones but the Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) networks are usually freely accessible. It is true that there are more extended payment services. Depending on the areas it may be worth paying for the service, it would be a matter of studying the area.

Reactions: Flying eyeball
h520 rtk is now released out of the factory . vertigo drones is ready to ship it out to consumers now.

Last edited:
h520 rtk is now released out of the factory and is now . vertigo drones is ready to ship it out to consumers now

That's fantastic news. I look forward to seeing some high quality datasets to test and see the photogrammetry results.

I'm also interested in how a third party base station can connect to the ST16S.

I am holding off on pulling the trigger for it. need info on the base station (how to supply power to it and is it mountable on a tripod.) when I get a answer to that then I be pulling the trigger.

Reactions: 10-8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig