Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rubber Damper safety wire on C-GO3

Reaction score
Hello again y'all, my 4k Typhoon brushed up against some tree branches, and fell about 15ft to the ground. On impact, the battery ejected, the camera shot about 12ft away, 3 props broke, one motor housing broke away from the frame and one rubber damper from the gimbal disappeared. On Amazon, I didn't see any dampers for the C-GO3, but there were plenty for the C-GO2. I saw in the questions area, a few had asked if the dampers would also work on the O3, and the seller stated they would in fact work in the O3. This is false! They are considerably smaller in a few ways, and allows plastic to rub against plastic. These dampers came with safety wire, that keeps the camera from separating from the craft in flight. My C-GO3 does not have safety wire, and the new correct dampers arrived with no safety wire. Did they just do away with it? Do they want the camera to be tossed like mine was, or come off in flight? I feel like I should install some safety wire, because these cameras aren't cheap. Anyone else installed safety wire on a C-GO3? It actually looks and feels like really thin, clear fishing line. I think I'll let it fit loose, so it doesn't interfere with camera smoothness. Will I be making a mistake? DJI pilots have told me, that my camera moves more freely than theirs, but when I've messed around with a few other C-GO3's on other peoples drones, they had the same amount of free-play. I have noticed in 2 of my 90+ flight videos, the camera did kinda wobble at high-speed.

Hello again y'all, my 4k Typhoon brushed up against some tree branches, and fell about 15ft to the ground. On impact, the battery ejected, the camera shot about 12ft away, 3 props broke, one motor housing broke away from the frame and one rubber damper from the gimbal disappeared. On Amazon, I didn't see any dampers for the C-GO3, but there were plenty for the C-GO2. I saw in the questions area, a few had asked if the dampers would also work on the O3, and the seller stated they would in fact work in the O3. This is false! They are considerably smaller in a few ways, and allows plastic to rub against plastic. These dampers came with safety wire, that keeps the camera from separating from the craft in flight. My C-GO3 does not have safety wire, and the new correct dampers arrived with no safety wire. Did they just do away with it? Do they want the camera to be tossed like mine was, or come off in flight? I feel like I should install some safety wire, because these cameras aren't cheap. Anyone else installed safety wire on a C-GO3? It actually looks and feels like really thin, clear fishing line. I think I'll let it fit loose, so it doesn't interfere with camera smoothness. Will I be making a mistake? DJI pilots have told me, that my camera moves more freely than theirs, but when I've messed around with a few other C-GO3's on other peoples drones, they had the same amount of free-play. I have noticed in 2 of my 90+ flight videos, the camera did kinda wobble at high-speed.

hi
i use small wire ties , just leave slack so the dampers are not tight . when i first relieved my 4K the gimbal rail would not lock properly and if i pull the gimbal it would slide right off . Yuneec sent me a new gimbal rail .
fly safe

Reactions: Wingshooter
Try Carolina Dronz... Carolinadronz.Com Yuneec Rubber Dampers for CGO3-GB Camera (8 pack) for $8.99

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval