Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Save to SD

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to save directly to the Micro SD on the ST16? I am wanting to get things to save there instead of on the ST16 unit but cannot find anything that says save to SD card. Any help would be appreciated.

What exactly are you trying to save to the SD card . . . .on the ST-16? All of the full resolution images (video and photo) are saved to the SD card in the camera while the images and video on the ST-16 are low resolution versions sent via WiFi from the aircraft/camera.

I just want to make all the low resolution images and videos that automatically save to the ST16 go to the SD card instead of the unit memory if possible

I just want to make all the low resolution images and videos that automatically save to the ST16 go to the SD card instead of the unit memory if possible

In principle it is not possible, the files are recorded in the SD at the resolution that you have configured in the parameters. The ST16S only stores "thumbnails" or videos at low resolution with the sole intention that you can check what you have recorded.

Can I ask why you want it to be stored in the SD? In principle only those small files are used for verification.

We were trying to keep the limited internal storage on the ST16 free of the images we do not use. Since they are low res they are of no use to us and basically just waste space and slow down the controller. We feel the unit is already slow enough as it is and don’t enjoy dumping the memory just to try and speed it up.

In short we want to keep the unit running as quick as it can by saving the low res images directly to the SD card instead of the limited internal storage.

Better to eliminate writing any images to the ST-16. Card or internal storage. Aside from an instantly available review of your last shoot it serves no useful purpose.

In any case, what slows down the ST-16 isn’t the use of memory for image storage as the space used is dedicated to that purpose only and over writes when full. What slows things down is the use of WiFi as the transmission medium.

Better to eliminate writing any images to the ST-16. Card or internal storage. Aside from an instantly available review of your last shoot it serves no useful purpose.

In any case, what slows down the ST-16 isn’t the use of memory for image storage as the space used is dedicated to that purpose only and over writes when full. What slows things down is the use of WiFi as the transmission medium.
i would like to ask if the sd card in the st16 is what you tranfer you flight logs too ,in case caa wishes a copy? or is there another wayu to transfer logs

You can transfer logs to a card or direct connect the aircraft to a computer via USB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus