Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card for H Plus C23 Camera

It's getting late on the East Coast.
If you wanted to try the two-stage update, this is how it would be done:
1.) Turn off the ST16S.
2.) Freshly format the FORESEE SD card to Fat32.
3.) Load ONLY the Build 822 "Camera.bin" to the card from camera.bin
4.) Insert the card in the camera and power it up to load the first stage (camera) of the update.
5.) When camera update finishes, restart the HPlus.
6.) Turn on the ST16S, bind, and check the version reported on the ST16S firmware screen. If the camera updated to Build 822 ( C23_C_1.1.03_20190312 ) then proceed to the next step.
7.) Turn off the ST16S.
8.) Format the FORESEE card again.
9.) Load the entire Build 822 update to the SD card from 822 Disk 1 (Camera Card) US.
10.) Insert the card into the C23 and power up the drone to run the second stage (gimbal and autopilot) update.
11.) When update finishes, reboot everything and check the version reported on the ST16S again and see if the SanDisk cards will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Did the cards work?

There is a somewhat exotic update that may help. To explain, your situation has elements that suggest either a bad ribbon, a problem with the gimbal board, bad SD card recognition, or any combination. On a normal update with all the elements on the SD card, the system tries to update the autopilot and gimbal first. Failing either of those will prevent the camera from proceeding with the update, leaving you with the combination you now have. It is possible that updating the camera itself as a stand-alone update will increase the ability of the camera to process the SD card, possibly allowing for a successful full update on a follow-up attempt.
If you want to give it a try we will provide some instructions.
I will try, please provide these instructions.

It's getting late on the East Coast.
If you wanted to try the two-stage update, this is how it would be done:
1.) Turn off the ST16S.
2.) Freshly format the FORESEE SD card to Fat32.
3.) Load ONLY the Build 822 "Camera.bin" to the card from camera.bin
4.) Insert the card in the camera and power it up to load the first stage (camera) of the update.
5.) When camera update finishes, restart the HPlus.
6.) Turn on the ST16S, bind, and check the version reported on the ST16S firmware screen. If the camera updated to Build 822 ( C23_C_1.1.03_20190312 ) then proceed to the next step.
7.) Turn off the ST16S.
8.) Format the FORESEE card again.
9.) Load the entire Build 822 update to the SD card from 822 Disk 1 (Camera Card) US.
10.) Insert the card into the C23 and power up the drone to run the second stage (gimbal and autopilot) update.
11.) When update finishes, reboot everything and check the version reported on the ST16S again and see if the SanDisk cards will work.
I had success with updating using camera.bin, now displays as updated. I am doing step 9 now.

I had success with updating using camera.bin, now displays as updated. I am doing step 9 now.
didn't go as planned. Seemed like it was in a loop. Started at step 9, format copied files. Went through the green flashing led on camera and tilting to the side, camera went limp and started all over, again green blinking and tilting. This went on for like 20 minutes. I am re trying this agian

Refresh the files on the SD card, then delete "camera.bin" from the SD card for the next try. (That probably will not help much.)
If that does not work, delete "gimbal.yuneec" on the try after that. That has a better chance, since the process is hanging up on the gimbal part of the update.
The last effort should be a fresh format, load only "autopilot.yuneec", and try to get the drone updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7cyclops
So the camera update by itself worked. But I am going to guess that either the autopilot or gimbal is failing to update. Can I run the autopilot separate like I did with the camera update?
Yes, see post #28

Yes, see post #28
So I only copied the autopilot.yuneec to the card. The camera is lilting and re centering with a green flashing led on the camera. it has been running for over 5 minutes and I will wait to see what happens.

So I only copied the autopilot.yuneec to the card. The camera is lilting and re centering with a green flashing led on the camera. it has been running for over 5 minutes and I will wait to see what happens.
It sounds like there is still a problem. If it works normally, you should see something resembling this sequence after powering on the drone:
1.) It would appear as a normal start up at first, with camera stabilizing and rear arm LEDs flashing blue.
2.) About 30 seconds later, the rear arm LEDs should go solid blue.
3.) About a minute after that, the camera should go limp, and the rear arm LEDs should go dark.
4.) About 10-20 seconds later, the drone will reboot and both camera and drone will restart normally.
The drone should display the new revision number after the drone is shutdown, the card removed, and the drone/camera/controller are all started and bound.
Please let us know what you are seeing. Especially if the camera limp/recentering is repeating and does not involve the drone rebooting itself.

Last edited:
It sounds like there is still a problem. If it works normally, you should see something resembling this sequence after powering on the drone:
1.) It would appear as a normal start up at first, with camera stabilizing and rear arm LEDs flashing blue.
2.) About 30 seconds later, the rear arm LEDs should go solid blue.
3.) About a minute after that, the camera should go limp, and the rear arm LEDs should go dark.
4.) About 10-20 seconds later, the drone will reboot and both camera and drone will restart normally.
The drone should display the new revision number after the drone is shutdown, the card removed, and the drone/camera/controller are all started and bound.
Please let us know what you are seeing. Especially if the camera limp/recentering is repeating and does not involve the drone rebooting itself.
So I was just really wanting to give up. Everything wasn't going like you described. I tried all the files one at a time. All I get is the startup and the rear motor lights blinking blue and the camera just tilting to one side then returning to center, over and over. But I went with another another SD Card, Samsung 32gb Pro. I added only the gimbal file, and this time something new happened. After the power up the same sequence happens as always, blue rear motor lights flashing blue, the camera started with red flashing, then went to green flashing, tilted and re cantered a few times, then it vibrated and stopped after maybe 5 seconds. Then the camera light went to flashing green, I let it sit for 5 minutes and powered down. So I went and did the same with autopilote, basically the same results with he camera tilting and re centering, again I waited and powered off. Well I went and looked at the firmware on the remote and noticed the autopilot was still showing V1.2.0. So I used the Samsung Card, added all the files for the camera update, and as before, I believe when the gimbal does the update that is where the vibration happens and then to the tilting and re centering, light doing as they always do and the 2 rear motor LED went dark, I waited 5 minutes after what I believe was finished with the update. This time the General Settings showed AutoPilot at V1.5.0 and everything else as 1.1.03. I went to look at the Software Updates, opened, connected to wifi and the screen stated No updates required and the very bottom in green text.

I never did see the drone restart itself, only the camera tilting to one side and back, a few times the camera led with go solid green, I would wait and restart manually. again never restarted on its own. The only difference noticed was when using the new card the vibration the gimbal made, to be honest it did cause worry thinking it was bad. But even when I re ran the update it diod the same when I had all the file son the card and re ran the last time using the newer card.

Maybe the included SD Card does not like the newer camera update. But things did change when I used the Samsung Card so either it was just being a pain with the much older software, or going from the EU version to US is simply a pain and takes more time and doing things much slower.

Thanks for all you help, hopefully I have this sorted out and really appreciate everyone's time and assistance.

Attachments

• No Update Required.png
    No Update Required.png
    731.6 KB · Views: 6
  • AutoPilot V1_5_0.png
    AutoPilot V1_5_0.png
    646.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220308_042735.jpg
    20220308_042735.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sounds like all is working and on the right matched firmware versions. Good job hanging in there and seeing this through. We all learn by hanging in there and seeing things through to completion. Now it is time to enjoy the new acquisition to your hanger.

Agreed. Good job staying with this. What an ordeal for something that should be routine.
The camera seems to remain finnicky about what SD card it will use. There are lots of possible causes for that. It would probably require a trip to a shop to nail down the exact issue.
The gimbal vibration is worrisome. Let us know if you see problems, such as gimbal vibrations that show up on recorded video.
But the great news is you stayed with the task. Now there is hope.

Agreed. Good job staying with this. What an ordeal for something that should be routine.
The camera seems to remain finnicky about what SD card it will use. There are lots of possible causes for that. It would probably require a trip to a shop to nail down the exact issue.
The gimbal vibration is worrisome. Let us know if you see problems, such as gimbal vibrations that show up on recorded video.
But the great news is you stayed with the task. Now there is hope.
Here is what the gimbal update looks like.

All looks normal except that vibration right after the gimbal initializes. I tried to duplicate the conditions by loading EU version 652 gimbal firmware, and then return to US version 822 gimbal firmware. Both changes looked pretty much like your video, except no vibration.
Does that vibration occur every time you start the camera now?
Had you ever seen it during any camera starts prior to doing updates?

All looks normal except that vibration right after the gimbal initializes. I tried to duplicate the conditions by loading EU version 652 gimbal firmware, and then return to US version 822 gimbal firmware. Both changes looked pretty much like your video, except no vibration.
Does that vibration occur every time you start the camera now?
Had you ever seen it during any camera starts prior to doing updates?
No, when powering on there is no vibration, everything comes up with no issues. And it only happened with the gimbal update.

No, when powering on there is no vibration, everything comes up with no issues. And it only happened with the gimbal update.
I am sending my C23 inI for diagnostics and repair if needed today. The seller agreed to reduce the purchase price. I hope yo have the camera back soon so I cam enjoy more flights with the H Plus. So I am out having fun flying other stuff. 1647108575321.png

Reactions: WTFDproject
An update on my C23 Camera.
I received my C23 back from repair I sent into Yuneec Skins. The Gimbal Board was bad or going bad. I had to update the C23 again but this time everything went smoothly with the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval