Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD card question

Reaction score
Hello

Absolute newbie here. Typhoon brand new out of the box. I have the machine flying after following all instructions/precautions/manual/ video advice etc. The controller tells me there is no SD card in the camera so I cannot take pictures. I do have an SD card in the camera. I formatted it to my Mac Air. Would that be the problem?
Anyway, thanks for any advice. Apologies if this is the hundredth time this has been asked.

Vic

Fat32 is a Windows formatting... your MacAir may not have that option... I think you can format an SD Card on the ST-16, in the pad mode.

Sorry.. you have a Q... the ST-10+ controller...

I have never owned a mac so I am not much help. I did find these instructions for formatting to fat32 on a mac, not sure about mac air..

How do I format a USB drive to fat32 on a Mac?
To format a USB Flash Drive to FAT32 in Mac OS X follow the next steps.
  1. Step1. Connect the USB Fash Drive to the Mac OS X computer.
  2. Step2. Search for Disk Utility in Launchpad and open it.
  3. Step3. Select the Drive and click Erase.
  4. Step4. Enter the new name (OPTIONAL).
  5. Step5. Select MS-DOS(FAT) for Format.

I have never owned a mac so I am not much help. I did find these instructions for formatting to fat32 on a mac, not sure about mac air..

How do I format a USB drive to fat32 on a Mac?
To format a USB Flash Drive to FAT32 in Mac OS X follow the next steps.
  1. Step1. Connect the USB Fash Drive to the Mac OS X computer.
  2. Step2. Search for Disk Utility in Launchpad and open it.
  3. Step3. Select the Drive and click Erase.
  4. Step4. Enter the new name (OPTIONAL).
  5. Step5. Select MS-DOS(FAT) for Format.
Worked like a charm. Machine is up and running WITH camera now! What a hoot.

V

Reactions: Carver
I just format mine while it's still in the CGO3+ camera utilizing the ST16 camera settings cog icon to get to the Format SD Card menu option. Works great on both my factory supplied 16GB card as well as the 64GB card I purchased.

Note: I'm writing this from memory, so I may have some of the menu names misidentified.

On a Mac go to Applications, Utilities, Disk Utilities. pick your SD Card and then erase and pick Fat 32 or EX Fat if you're flying a 480.....

On a Mac go to Applications, Utilities, Disk Utilities. pick your SD Card and then erase and pick Fat 32 or EX Fat if you're flying a 480.....
Yeah, I tried that but Fat32 wasn't offered. I ended up formatting it on my wife's PC. No prob's. Thanks for the help though!

I just format mine while it's still in the CGO3+ camera utilizing the ST16 camera settings cog icon to get to the Format SD Card menu option. Works great on both my factory supplied 16GB card as well as the 64GB card I purchased.

Note: I'm writing this from memory, so I may have some of the menu names misidentified.
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy