Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD card/Video recording

Reaction score
Hi all, just took delivery of my Q500 4k and have a major problem. When shooting stills all is fine but when shooting videoI I was getting glitches but now not even that just corrupt files. It appears that the controller is saying that the video is switched off but the camera is still recording???? The only way to stop it is to switch off, which gives me the corrupt file and switch back on again to make it readable albeit with the wrong date and time stamp. The original 16gb card now seems to be working ok indoors, not tried it outside with all the vibrations etc but a new Scandisk extreme is doing the same thing, ie switching in but not switching off!!! Any help would be great. Thanks.

No as I just took delivery of it a few weeks ago.. I believe there are 3 areas for update, the controller, the bird itself and the camera...is that correct? Have you updated and tears fixed the problem, if so which of the 3 did you update and to what version. Appreciate the help. Thanks. Liam.

I'm having the same issues with my brand new Yuneec 4k also. It records when not in the air but as soon as I go in the air to record I get corupt files that don't play.

Hi all, just took delivery of my Q500 4k and have a major problem. When shooting stills all is fine but when shooting videoI I was getting glitches but now not even that just corrupt files. It appears that the controller is saying that the video is switched off but the camera is still recording???? The only way to stop it is to switch off, which gives me the corrupt file and switch back on again to make it readable albeit with the wrong date and time stamp. The original 16gb card now seems to be working ok indoors, not tried it outside with all the vibrations etc but a new Scandisk extreme is doing the same thing, ie switching in but not switching off!!! Any help would be great. Thanks.

I had a totally different problem with the camera (2 different cameras tried and both defective), but with the amount of posts I've seen noting various issues, I'm pretty certain that Yuneec is having real problems with the CG-03. I would honestly suggest not spending too much time trying to figure things out and get the camera switched out. For me, Customer service has been excellent, but that doesn't change the fact that so many issues prevail. Good luck!

I'm not sure what cards you are using but you need a card with a really fast "write" speed. Don't confuse all the manufacture specs on this one. Read speeds are nice when you transfer the footage but you need a card that can write a consistent 100 Mbps. What you guys are describing sounds exactly like your card is too slow. How do I know...

Recently I purchased a micro SD card on ebay. Come to find out it was counterfeit. It would record stills fine but as soon as I tried recording video it would come up with errors. It could handle 1080P but it wasn't able to keep up with the speed the 4K needed. I was able to get my money back but be careful of what you buy out there in cyber-land!

So why can you record inside but as soon as you go fly the camera seizes? When the camera is not moving it's able to compress the footage to near nothing. The way the compression algorithm works is that it only records changes in each frame. The more the frames change, the higher the bit rate needed to transfer. When you are setting inside your living room every frame is the same but as soon as you take off, every frame is different. This sucks up the bandwidth and makes a huge difference in file size too!

Ironically those of us in the multimedia industry have been aware of bandwidth limitations for years now. We had to deal with CD, DVD vs. Hard Drive playback issues on speaker support and online video/presentations. Talking heads and still scenes compress down to nothing but as soon as you pan the camera, the files size goes crazy. You also get a ton of artifacts! I better stop now...:)

Reactions: aaronchandler
I also had some problems, and I wonder if I should keep it or try to get my money back. I only fly it once, recording 2 4k videos and one 1080. The 4 k was fine, while the 1080 is mess up with strange effects, freeze, loops. The bad is that it rain and will rain all week, so I will not have change to do more test. From what I know, by the rules, I have 7 days to give it back.

I also had some problems, and I wonder if I should keep it or try to get my money back. I only fly it once, recording 2 4k videos and one 1080. The 4 k was fine, while the 1080 is mess up with strange effects, freeze, loops. The bad is that it rain and will rain all week, so I will not have change to do more test. From what I know, by the rules, I have 7 days to give it back.
It sounds like you may have issues with your camera bro...

I got my camera exchanged so hopefully ok now but weather has been too bad to fully check.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval