Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Second Flight Questions

Reaction score
Hi All
I have owned a H for some time but only getting it up and flying now
First flight went grand
Second flight started grand and ended grand but went a bit strange in flight

My objective was to practice takeoff and landings with short, low, slow flights
All went well at first then the H seemed to react faster and climb when signalled to descend
This probably all down to my inexperience but I would like to analyze the flight data files to see if there is a problem
All ended well with RTH and a hand catch two feet out from the riverbank, next flight will be back in the big field

If I look in the ST16, File Manager I find a number of files which ones are relevant
Logs, Flight Logs, FlightEncrypt Log, OTA LOG,

I found the flight video in Flight Mode, Media_Data

Is there a software package available that analyzes the flight data ?

Tried to post the Flight Data File but the forum software does not like a CSV extension file ??

Ok that worked many thanks
Is there a trick for uploading a short video the forum software says the file is too large

Attachments

• Telemetry_00053.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Many thanks to all that helped me here
Dilly Joat you were spot on, analysis of the data files shows that I hit the flight mode switch accidently during the flight (as best I can figure)

Many thanks to all

Many thanks to all that helped me here
Dilly Joat you were spot on, analysis of the data files shows that I hit the flight mode switch accidently during the flight (as best I can figure)

Many thanks to all
Glad that helped you trying to understand what happened. It is easily done I have done it myself and watched my H seemingly out of control before I noticed I had knocked the switch into Smart mode. I was lucky - my H was well above the trees at the time!

Glad that helped you trying to understand what happened. It is easily done I have done it myself and watched my H seemingly out of control before I noticed I had knocked the switch into Smart mode. I was lucky - my H was well above the trees at the time!
Why I am not a fan of toggle switches!

You are correct John it is a lot of water, but I live on the river Shannon so it it is hard to get away from it
All is well that ends well
I will post the finished video salvaged from the experience

Why I am not a fan of toggle switches!
Since I have no use for "Smart" mode, I fabricated a tiny eccentric rubber donut that fits over the switch right down at the base of the lever. It prevents the switch from moving into "Smart" mode unless I press very hard. I understand, there is also a way to do this in Channel Settings by changing A02 (S4). I have not tried this. If anyone has, please chime in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder