Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Secret menu after the 2019 update is locked.

Reaction score
I did the update but when i tap 5x on the compass calibration alli get is a windows asking me for a password !
Which password ????

help need to do my calibrations (acc. and Gyro)

kind regards
Marnix

Nobody has found a way in yet. Yuneec says it is not required. Several of us have flown Build 829 now with zero issues, and especially no issues related to calibration of the gyro and accelerometer.

I thought it was just me lol! Ok...well I’ll do my compass only then and test out. It was very stable on a quick indoor test. Also, I now I have to make sure my WiFi in the background is not recognized by the St or else no camera connection.

It’s frustrating for these updates because I have to exit the app, open WiFi via the tablet, select my network for downloads, go back start drone and camera, return to android and “forget” my network then find the C23, enter it’s WiFi password, then go back into the flight app and camera is connected.

Yesterday everything was not working at all and my downloads kept stopping. Then Android errors started coming in. That’s when I figured out that all my 720 videos internally stored were eating up all my storage space. A patient deleting of files got me back to behavior. When the secret menu didn’t work I thought I’d screwed up. Guess not...

Because of my issue, the app and APK update didn’t take right away and I was hopping back into the secret menu to try the different OTA settings to see if it was getting the right builds. Once I fixed the storage space, I got the rest, the controller updated and no more secret menu. The 1234567890 password clears the keyboard with no wrong password message but does not let you enter.

Eventually, someone will get this password and I’m guessing now we don’t need it unless we do a full flight system replacement. Yuneec is still unique.

What operating system does the ST16s have?

Put my Plus through some very long distance tests today and it performed excellent with only the compass calibration. Im in a housing track and flew it down the road till it read 2500' distance then hit home return. I put two pieces of tape on the ground just outside the landing gear and when it returned it landed with one leg on the tape and the other just off. Trust me, you don't need to worry about those other two calibrations. If someone somehow finds the password Yuneec will only change it again.

Last edited:
Trust me, you don't need to worry about those other two calibrations.

Trust me you will, and you will find the importance once you fly in multiple locations, and or..........

We have to stop spreading these seeds of doubt. This is the path Yuneec set forth and fighting it seems pointless. So far, everyone is reporting back favorably. My initial indoor test showed great stability and stick response. If it screws up and crashes unexpectedly then I guess I start that ugly fight but why stress on that now? On a beautiful day like today, I’m want to fly with trust and so far through all these upgrades, my Plus has been fine.

We have to stop spreading these seeds of doubt. This is the path Yuneec set forth and fighting it seems pointless. So far, everyone is reporting back favorably. My initial indoor test showed great stability and stick response. If it screws up and crashes unexpectedly then I guess I start that ugly fight but why stress on that now? On a beautiful day like today, I’m want to fly with trust and so far through all these upgrades, my Plus has been fine.

“Do not go gentle into that good night, burn and rave at close of day; Rage against the dying of the light.”

It means that needing constant calibration is not needed and if it does, then something is wrong. Keep in mind that at least for the H+ Yuneec has never said to calibrate anything other than the compass. It became Internet Lore that the gyro and accelerometer need frequent calibration. I suspect people were screwing up more than they fixed, so Yuneec locked it out.

Reactions: daylight99 and 10-8
It means that needing constant calibration is not needed and if it does, then something is wrong. Keep in mind that at least for the H+ Yuneec has never said to calibrate anything other than the compass. It became Internet Lore that the gyro and accelerometer need frequent calibration. I suspect people were screwing up more than they fixed, so Yuneec locked it out.
perhaps, but it would be desirable to access the RC calibration

Reactions: RPR
The my ultimate question.. With future BUILD/FW how do the engineers and beta tester determine what is the right IMU and Gyro calibration for each of us? And how are they going to package the parameters? Are we going to use their calibration parameters, based by the physical location of their own RC? But my RC resides in a small big town in California, called San Jose.

I am actually having a hard time, and beta tester has not fully answered my questions in my previous post, but rather would just say..ummm “mine is solid” and “don’t need it”

But for what it’s worth. I hope we do not have to entertain the “my H+ flew away” because without argument 822 is the best Build hands down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval