Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shaky Video

Steve you hit it on the nail. Here is a video of my testing. The last part is where the motor shows to be rattling and must be bad. Hopefully this video works - the last one i uploaded to youtube was corrupted.

Hi Samuel, the arm that is silent when locked is a simple fix. You need to stretch (spread apart more) the metal clip so it locks harder onto the pin when the arm is up.
Watch this video and go to 13 minutes and 44 seconds. I am pretty sure you DO NOT have to remove the complete arm for this. Watch him remove the clip and follow it. Then once you spread it just pop it back in place. The motor however is def faulty or ready to cause headaches.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Steve you hit it on the nail. Here is a video of my testing. The last part is where the motor shows to be rattling and must be bad. Hopefully this video works - the last one i uploaded to youtube was corrupted.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Just getting caught up.
I'm not concerned about the controller warning. What you are looking for is a motor that doesn't sound right or is vibrating at speed. This is really the only safe way to run the test.
I would suggest doing it again. This time run the motors up to speed with the H sitting on a table. Put your hand on each arm to feel for vibration. Use the right stick to "fly" in different directions which will run the motors at different speeds and keep checking for sound and feel. If one motor is different or gets warmer than the others, you have probably found the problem. Don't be afraid to run this test for several minutes. You want to make sure that all your motors are good or not. Obviously something is causing it to shimmy in flight.
Also, I wouldn't be too concerned with the arm locks. If they are locked in place they should be okay. It's just a metal spring clip that locks.

Hi Samuel, the arm that is silent when locked is a simple fix. You need to stretch (spread apart more) the metal clip so it locks harder onto the pin when the arm is up.
Watch this video and go to 13 minutes and 44 seconds. I am pretty sure you DO NOT have to remove the complete arm for this. Watch him remove the clip and follow it. Then once you spread it just pop it back in place. The motor however is def faulty or ready to cause headaches.
Thank you for that video, I also believe the motor is bad. I only sped it up a little bit not a lot and it started to rattle. No other motor rattled like that. I sorta expected the controller to give me a warning due to no propellers but still only one rattled like that.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thank you for that video, I also believe the motor is bad. I only sped it up a little bit not a lot and it started to rattle. No other motor rattled like that. I sorta expected the controller to give me a warning due to no propellers but still only one rattled like that.
Glad you found the problem Samuel. Now just need a new motor.

Sam I did the same test you did and I found I could make each motor feel smooth or rough if I started the motors and then either moved the drone or the control stick. Depending on what the FC was trying to do I think it would change the speed up and down on one motor and it would feel rough but if I moved it then that feel would move to a different motor

Mine is on its way to Yuneec - got RMA and UPS label and it's gone to servicing.
Hey.
I looked at the video test - I think you found the mistake. You repeated my mistake testing and validation engines.
This is not a valid test. I had a request to the company where I was worried about this error and fear begin to take off for the first time. A company, if it is cut, sounded simple - put propellers and fly and do not be afraid.
So should be. The program determines the absence of the propeller and is trying to stabilize the operation of other motors with rotation compensation of one of the engines for the safe landing of the drone.
So I think you need to calibrate the gimbal several times and if the problem is a little disassemble the camera -

it is not necessary to completely disassemble, as I did, just the beginning and check fixing blocks - probably there you will find the cause.

Just by viewing your videos with a new camera, I have come to believe that you have a new camera lens is 98 degrees. My congratulations to you, you have won their first application for a corner shooting. I is 115 degrees and I will change it (as in the video above) at 72 degrees or 89 degrees.

Look at the problems which I have described.
I hope that helped you

So I balanced my props and calibrated the gimbal and my video still shakes. I have called support and they are going to look at the video sample I just sent them. I'm sure I will be sending something back to them, either just the camera or the whole thing.
As a side note last nights flight was great. It fly's amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig