Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shaky Video

Unfortunately the worst videos are those made with the original version of the H480 without any modification. The wire that holds the dampers is not present on the Typhoon H but only on the Phantom 3 and only temporarily. At the moment of all the tests carried out the best solution is proving this.

Lastly, are your props balanced? That can cause intermittent vibrations that will make it to your video.

You're right, this is the last test I have left to do. I'm waiting for DuBro.

You're right, this is the last test I have left to do. I'm waiting for DuBro.
I had poor results with the DuBro. The wheels have too much resistance to get an accurate balance. Just use the rod that comes with it and try the method below starting at minute 1:26. The glasses must be level.

Great! thank you Steve.
I will follow the suggested procedure. I will let you know the results.

Great! thank you Steve.
Also, be sure to check the 2 prop mounts screws on each motor. They have been known to work loose. Rare but it can happen.

Thanks CraigCam, I read what you wrote carefully and understood that the things that can affect the jello effect are many. A little at a time I will try to control everything so that I can finally use my Typhoon H which I like a lot as a device. I hope sooner or later to come out of the Jello!

Perhaps his pictures finally illustrated the issue he was having with his gimbal. If he had the original dampers tied together with his concept of a “anti separation safety device” he would have been the cause of the problem by restricting the movement of the dampers and linking them to each other.

In the pictures the string or whatever it is connects a pair of dampers and there is no slack in the line, indicating it has been pulled tight and either somewhat compressed the dampers or significantly restricted their ability to flex and dampen vibration. That arrangement pretty much eliminates any benefit in having dampers at all and telegraphs vibration from the airframe to the camera.

So based on the pictures I suspect his shakey video issues were self induced. He might try re-installing the stock dampers and getting rid of the string to view the results.

Obviously before the replacement I had the whole original gimbal group, dampers included. The result is the one visible in the first and second video. I would say absolutely unsatisfactory. so the problem was also related to these **** dampers. With the replacement (just to try) of the original dampers with those of Phantom 3 I still got great improvements (video 3 and 4). The thread seen in the photos is not on the Typhoon but on the Phantom 3 and only to try to see what would have happened using the Typhoon H dampers on DJI Phantom 3 (an interesting test though not to be undertaken in my opinion). Probably the causes of Jello will be multiple, even the propellers not yet tested to check if they are well balanced could affect and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Great! thank you Steve.

Make sure there is no air movement when balancing. Turn off AC or any house fans and close windows. I once spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out why a set of props wouldn't balance..... turned out a very light breeze coming through a window was causing movement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio