Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shortcut to run Typhoon H GUI

Reaction score
I've finally switched from Win 7 to 10. An annoyance that had been bothering me was the necessity to run the GUI as administrator. I couldn't do that with a shortcut so I decided to do something about it. I found a procedure at C/net that didn't exactly correspond to my version of 10 but the principle of my procedure is the same.
Here it is:

Right-click the .exe file (not a shortcut)
Click "Properties"
Click "Compatibility"
Check "Run this program as an administrator"
Click "Apply"

I next created a shortcut on the desktop and moved it to my Quick Start menu. No more hassles.

So you've managed to save a click.
I had to navigate to the folder that contained the GUI, right-click on the exe, click run as administrator. I posted as i thought someone might find it helpful. It seems you enjoy being nasty.

I had to navigate to the folder that contained the GUI, right-click on the exe, click run as administrator. I posted as i thought someone might find it helpful. It seems you enjoy being nasty.
Not being nasty at all, simply factual.

Sounds like your system is more difficult to access things than mine. When I down loaded the program I installed it on the desktop and need only to right click the icon to bring up the selection drop down menu. I tend to put programs on the desktop and files in other locations. Windows 10. Perhaps similar might be done by placing a shortcut on the toolbar, but that gets crowded too quickly. For my system your method would save me a single click by avoiding the drop down menu. I can see where your method might be pretty useful on an Android or other non Windows system though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123