Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Flight control update without camera

Reaction score
Dear Experts,

Does anyone knows how to update the H520 Flight Control without any camera on H520?

Thanks for your time!

Dear Experts,

Does anyone knows how to update the H520 Flight Control without any camera on H520?

Thanks for your time!
U should try O.T.A. dismantling the camera before: but i think the updating go through the camera, so mit could not be possible...

Theoretically, if you have linked the ST16S to the H520 and you update through the application, it doesn't work for you?

That's impossible thus without camery you don't have telemetry link. thats no way to update by usb connection or copy to internal h520 sd log card.

Thank you all, it appears that you can't update the H520 Flight Control without any camera on H520, to say more after updating St16 apps to newer the problem becomes worse, because now I can't bind the H520 without the camera to the ST16 because of I guess the apps versions are not inline with FC version. I will need to spens more money on camera.
I hope the Yuneec guys will fix it some day, so the simple usb connection from ST16 will upgrade the Flight Control also.

But to update it by hand it is necessary to put the SD card in the camera. Have you asked Yuneec to see if it can be upgraded via USB? By means of the computer the same can be done. Nothing is lost by asking.

But to update it by hand it is necessary to put the SD card in the camera. Have you asked Yuneec to see if it can be upgraded via USB? By means of the computer the same can be done. Nothing is lost by asking.
I'm talking to them, if anything will come up I will update here in this thread.

Reactions: arruntus
To downgrade DataPilot SD card isn't necessary. You must only uninstall current DataPilot, copy older apk file to internal storage of ST16S via usb cable, and next run that file from file menager.

To downgrade DataPilot SD card isn't necessary. You must only uninstall current DataPilot, copy older apk file to internal storage of ST16S via usb cable, and next run that file from file menager.

We're talking about the flight controller, but you've actually come up with the easiest solution. By downgrading the ST16S he can get it back on track :D

We're talking about the flight controller, but you've actually come up with the easiest solution. By downgrading the ST16S he can get it back on track :D
Yes the st16 can be downgraded fairly easy, but I would think that the 520 would also need to be downgraded as well. There could be some conflict, but maybe not...

Yes the st16 can be downgraded fairly easy, but I would think that the 520 would also need to be downgraded as well. There could be some conflict, but maybe not...

Effectively, it has to be done in both.

Hi guys !
Is it possible to fly H520 without camera ?
We ordered H520 without camera, which is coming sometime later.
So we would like to try flying drone while we are waiting for camera.
Is that possible and how, what is procedure ?

Hi dxer,

Yes, the 520 can fly without camera.

However you will have no telemetry fed back from vehicle to St16 then (no GPS status, no battery status etc).

The user manual describes the procedure for „manual bind“. See screenshot attached.

Regards,

Sven

Attachments

• 9146806B-0090-4EC7-A4B0-C1ECBE1A1ADF.jpeg
    9146806B-0090-4EC7-A4B0-C1ECBE1A1ADF.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: dxer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members