Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

signal strength and battery ?'s

Reaction score
I have the Tornado 920 plus hexacopter's
1)i seem to be only getting 15-18 min flight times on 3 YUNEEC 4000mah batteries this seems to be a bit less than i should be getting any advice?
2)on another note my first one seems to start loosing video aprox 1700-1800' out any advice?
3)my second i've only had aprox 2500' out but haven't lost video yet not sure how far out i should receive signal any advice?
TIA RETRO BOB

1)i seem to be only getting 15-18 min flight times on 3 YUNEEC 4000mah batteries this seems to be a bit less than i should be getting any advice?
Flight time strongly depends on the way you are flying as well as your payload. I admit that you flight time ist not that long but depending on mentioned aspects, it might be all right. Nevertheless the Yuneec batteries are pretty bad and I would not recommend using them. It is not a coincidence that they have been discontinued.

2)on another note my first one seems to start loosing video aprox 1700-1800' out any advice?
Not too bad as well. There are many aspects effecting the range of the video signal.
Most importantly:
  • antennas as well as their direction
  • free line of sight
  • surrounding (several objects tend to cause reflections which interfere with you signal)
  • other transmitters around
3)my second i've only had aprox 2500' out but haven't lost video yet not sure how far out i should receive signal any advice?
Might have been the better place too fly or the antennas were pointed into a better direction.

I agree with jannislh regarding the Yuneec batteries. I'm surprised you are getting that much flight time. Nearly every 920 owner has switched to after market batteries.

Regarding the video distance, you will get a much stronger signal if you use the 4Hawks antenna on your ST16.

thanks for the replies iv'e only flown around my place in Michigan and its wide open corn fields also both drones are identical tornado 920's plus model
iv'e had them less than one month and can see them in eyesight range the one that looses video at 1800' range camera stopped working today I think it is defective
the other I flew today around 3400' distance before I started loosing FPV on ground station
I have the CG04 Camera on both drones
TIA for input RETRO BOB
P.S. do you have recommendation on best place to get 4 Hawks antenna

Reactions: Steve Carr
Steve the issues im having are with the first drone I purchased on 12-25-20. it losses FPV signal out aprox 1700'-1800'. this is also the drone that the FPV signal quit working on yesterday use to be able to turn drone off and back on a few times and it would start working again. but know just the ST-16 home screen comes up and thanks for lead on 4Hawks range extender I'll check it out thx RETRO BOB

Have you tried swapping controllers to see if it makes any difference in connection?

I did not try that but I did buy a extra ST-16 maybe I should try that the biggest setback I feel would be recalibrating and binding.
I did notice the camera connection on the first drone looks to have had a repair made. I emailed the seller on e-bay to question as these are advertised as new opened i'll try to attach pic's thank you for your response DoomMeister
I labeled them thing 1 and thing 2 LOL

Attachments

• 95331D9E-6104-4284-B463-6437F4B5D188.jpeg
    95331D9E-6104-4284-B463-6437F4B5D188.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 5E31BB66-00FF-4A0D-9069-4859518F2F53.jpeg
    5E31BB66-00FF-4A0D-9069-4859518F2F53.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Looks like there was a repair on thing 1.

With the ST16 all you should have to do is create a new model (I never use the base model) and bind the drone and camera to it. There should be no need to do a calibration. Those should be stored on the aircraft FC board.

Reactions: retro bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital