Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Skyview goggles

Reaction score
Hey guys just ordered a set of the yuneec goggles just wondering if anyone has them.if so what do you think of them. From what I read they got decent reviews not alot of info out there though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys just ordered a set of the yuneec goggles just wondering if anyone has them.if so what do you think of them. From what I read they got decent reviews not alot of info out there though.
If you had searched this forum you would come up with several hits. Have you seen this thread?
Yuneec Skyview Goggles

I did try searching it said no hits lol. Trust me i tried.

Thanks for that link I think I left out yuneec in my search lol DOH!!!!

I really like mine. Great value for the money and simple to use. I just wish they had an auto shut off if not in use. I've forgotten to turn them off once or twice.

That's what I tried to research as far as setup and what not. The only thing I find I don't like is having the hdmi wire to the controller. Not a big downfall.

Here's the problem with Skyview. The nose cavity has a sharp edge that touches my nose, and my nose isn't big. This is very painful, so I sent mine back to Amazon. But, Yuneec appears to have gone cheap to save money at some point in time. Below are two different versions. The first one is a photo from another formum, it looks like it might work just fine. The one at the bottom is what I got when I ordered them from Amazon last week. Notice how the face cushion looks thinner, and cheaper. This is likely why I had a problem with fit, they went cheap on the face cushion. So when you buy them, look for this problem, or make sure to buy from a source that has easy returns, like Amazon.

upload_2016-12-9_18-18-13.png

upload_2016-12-9_18-22-16.png

I thought you just adjust the head strap to pull it off your nose. or add some foam in there.. simple.. LOL @ returning them because they hurt your nose LOLOLOLOL

Reactions: Bullshark
Here's the problem with Skyview. The nose cavity has a sharp edge that touches my nose, and my nose isn't big. This is very painful, so I sent mine back to Amazon. But, Yuneec appears to have gone cheap to save money at some point in time. Below are two different versions. The first one is a photo from another formum, it looks like it might work just fine. The one at the bottom is what I got when I ordered them from Amazon last week. Notice how the face cushion looks thinner, and cheaper. This is likely why I had a problem with fit, they went cheap on the face cushion. So when you buy them, look for this problem, or make sure to buy from a source that has easy returns, like Amazon.

View attachment 4318

View attachment 4319

I just received mine yesterday. After adjusting the strap, it doesn't hit my nose...though I will probably put some foam there just for good measure.

I think the reason they went to a bladder type cushion for the face rather than foam is because the foam will deteriorate fairly quickly from sweat and just putting it on and off.

You have to remember that you didn't pay $500 for a set of FATSHARK goggles. That said, you are getting a 720p screen that should be easier to view outdoors than the screen on the ST16 - even with the sunshade for far less (I paid $220 with free shipping).

Is it perfect? Nope. Will it meet my needs? Yup.

I just received mine yesterday. After adjusting the strap, it doesn't hit my nose...though I will probably put some foam there just for good measure.

I think the reason they went to a bladder type cushion for the face rather than foam is because the foam will deteriorate fairly quickly from sweat and just putting it on and off.

You have to remember that you didn't pay $500 for a set of FATSHARK goggles. That said, you are getting a 720p screen that should be easier to view outdoors than the screen on the ST16 - even with the sunshade for far less (I paid $220 with free shipping).

Is it perfect? Nope. Will it meet my needs? Yup.

I think these goggles will work with some people with flatter noses and flatter faces, allowing their eyes to be closer to the lens. When I adjusted the goggle up to relieve the nose problem, I couldn't see the bottom of the screen, where half of my telemetry data is displayed. And if after seeing how the lens was arranged, this hidden view of the screen becomes worse if you move the goggle away from the face with more foam. IMO they just aren't quite right ergonomically for most white Caucasians. The area of the lens needs to be about 15% larger, maybe 20. It's so close to being a good goggle, but it's just not right.

The Eachine VR One goggle is comfortable, but unfortunately the edges of screen are covered by the slot the screen fits into. So again, telemetry data at the top and bottom are covered.

There are lots of new goggle designs being released. We're going to see a flood of them very soon, and someone is going to figure this out eventually. So far my Headplay goggles work the best, but they aren't optimal either from a lens point view. I've had to replace the Fresnel lens with my own optical lens with a higher power.

I think these goggles will work with some people with flatter noses and flatter faces, allowing their eyes to be closer to the lens. When I adjusted the goggle up to relieve the nose problem, I couldn't see the bottom of the screen, where half of my telemetry data is displayed. And if after seeing how the lens was arranged, this hidden view of the screen becomes worse if you move the goggle away from the face with more foam. IMO they just aren't quite right ergonomically for most white Caucasians. The area of the lens needs to be about 15% larger, maybe 20. It's so close to being a good goggle, but it's just not right.

The Eachine VR One goggle is comfortable, but unfortunately the edges of screen are covered by the slot the screen fits into. So again, telemetry data at the top and bottom are covered.

There are lots of new goggle designs being released. We're going to see a flood of them very soon, and someone is going to figure this out eventually. So far my Headplay goggles work the best, but they aren't optimal either from a lens point view. I've had to replace the Fresnel lens with my own optical lens with a higher power.

I just used mine for the first time a couple of hours ago. I can't agree with your assessment. I am a Caucasian with a normal size nose, not flat. When I wear the Skyview, it doesn't touch the bridge of my nose (though I know it's very close) and I can see the bottom half of the screen. Making a blanket statement that they are not ergonomically correct for most "white Caucasians" (redundant, by the way), isn't valid. Heads, eye placement, noses are an endless combination of features. These goggles may not work for you, (you would know best about that), but clearly they work for others...me included. I'll admit that buying them online is a risk if you've never tried them on. It's probably best to try them on at a show or a drone store first and then get the best price online if they fit your features. If not, then go with something else.

For me they work just fine. I wish it had a built-in camera that you could switch to or have it appear in a PIP so that you can get a visual of where the drone is in the sky. I know some other goggles have that feature, but then they aren't 720p and are much more expensive.

I have the skyview goggles and love them. My only concern is that they may end of messing up my eyesight.
I don't wear glasses, but when I first start using the goggles, everything is a little fuzzy.
After a few minutes, everything clears up. However, once I remove the goggles, everything is fuzzy and I have to readjust.
Hopefully they won't make me near-sighted....

I have the skyview goggles and love them. My only concern is that they may end of messing up my eyesight.
I don't wear glasses, but when I first start using the goggles, everything is a little fuzzy.
After a few minutes, everything clears up. However, once I remove the goggles, everything is fuzzy and I have to readjust.
Hopefully they won't make me near-sighted....

That's because your eyes are forced to focus more closely that you normally would. If anything I would think that would, over time, improve your eyesight because you are training your eyes to focus through a larger range. If you think about eye exercises they always have you focus close for a bit then focus far. Seems very similar to what is taking place when using the goggles and then taking them off. Of course, this is just supposition on my part.

I'll visit my hardware store for a roll of self stick draught excluder, should solve the Skyview nose rubbing on my hooter.

Signed

Big nose

Sky Views, alot of money for just a monitor. This isn't like buying goggles where your getting a 40 ch diversity receiver and dual antennas this is just a HDMI monitor. As an alternative what I've been doing for the last few years to fly FPV, Is taking a welding helmet,(about $20. for a cheap one on E-bay) and a 7" HDMI monitor (about $55. on E-bay) removing the welding lens from the helmet and building about a 6" extension from either plastic or aluminum that flares out the the size of the monitor and gluing the monitor in the end. I run a 3 cell 2200 lipo to power the monitor. You can wear what ever strength reading glasses you need to get the focal length right and you will have a clearer picture than you will get with any goggles. Also they are hinged so that you can flip them up if you need to see your drone or change settings on the ST16. All this can be done for well under $100. You can also add a fresnal lens (from the dollar store) where the welding lens use to be, but that is never a clear a picture as with glasses. All you young guys may not need either. This is just something some of you might want to try but then I'm CHEAP.IMAG0003.JPG IMAG0006.JPG

is there a way to broadcast the hdmi sgnal wireless?

I am pretty sure you would need a transmitter for the ST16 and then a receiver for the FPV goggles.

And since other more expensive goggles do this, I bet you could find generic HDMI transmitters, & receiver combo that you could just hack in.

Interesting cheap welding helmet idea, but I've already lashed out on the Skyview"................... Helmet wouldn't look too impressive down at my model flying club though, the fixed wing guys are very serious about maintaining standards, plonkers.

View attachment 4318

View attachment 4319

I'm not sure the first picture is an actual photo, looks more like a 3d render of concept / promotional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval