Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart Flight Modes wont enable, can only take off in Manual mode

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Typhoon H Plus that I am having troubles with. Contacting Yuneec support doesnt seem to be an option. As I was landing the drone tipped over as I was landing. Nothing broke, but now I cannot take off. I get a message saying, Not Arming: Conditions for flight mode not met. And no, I am not in RTH mode. I can however go into the settings, turn on the Manual fight mode and I can take off and fly like normal. I am also unable to turn on the smart flight modes in settings, I get a message saying I am within a restricted area, but I am not. My rear LED lights are flashing purple once per second.

I get a normal number of GPS sats, currently sitting at 15, I dont understand why all of a sudden I cant take off...

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Is it possible that you have the real Rense turned on or have you got the Real Seance on your H Plus ?
Mike

I did used to have the real sense installed but I have taken it off since then. How do I make sure its turned off?

How many satellites are showing for the Controller?
The H Plus and the controller must have the proper number of satellites in order to launch. Manual mode allows you to launch w/o using GPS.

If you need help, we can take a look at the flight logs to determine the cause.

I get a normal number of GPS sats, currently sitting at 15, I dont understand why all of a sudden I cant take off...
You have to have adequate satellites on both drone and controller. You mentioned "15", but did not mention which that was, or what the other is reading.
There is also some hint that GPS is not providing your actual location. Possibly the drone thinks it is in one place, the controller thinks it is somewhere else.
It is also possible both the drone and controller can "see" enough satellites, but one of them is not calculating the position.
The issues can be reviewed most effectively if you will upload your flight logs. Without the flight logs, we can only speculate random possibilities.

You have to have adequate satellites on both drone and controller. You mentioned "15", but did not mention which that was, or what the other is reading.
There is also some hint that GPS is not providing your actual location. Possibly the drone thinks it is in one place, the controller thinks it is somewhere else.
It is also possible both the drone and controller can "see" enough satellites, but one of them is not calculating the position.
The issues can be reviewed most effectively if you will upload your flight logs. Without the flight logs, we can only speculate random possibilities.

Yes, 15 satellites. I can upload a log today.

Which logs do you need for me to upload?

Flight 49 really has my attention right now. It was on July 20, around 6:45 PM.
Voltage started falling suddenly and dramatically just before the end of the flight. It dropped from about 14.5 volts to 7.5 volts before you reached the ground, and only recovered about a volt or so after motors were secured. You were about 100ft up, and the voltage drop appears to begin about the same time you briefly went to RTH, back to Angle mode, and then went back to RTH landing.
Possibly a motor went bad, but did not shut off.
What can you remember about this flight?

You almost immediately launched another flight. Other than a data break that makes it look like two flights, it appears fairly normal. Did you notice anything during that flight?

About the same time the next day, you made a flight at the same location that was mostly in manual mode. GPS tracking data looks strange. Note sure if you landed in a different location? if two flights are actually one? Just can't tell. Was that the first flight that required manual mode to start motors?

Have you checked to see if any of the motors are harder to turn than the others?

Voltage.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes, that happened too. It was like it lost power for a moment and recovered. It landed but tipped over. It hasn't started since then, other than in manual mode

I'm going to view the tip over as a "symptom" for the moment, not a cause. Voltage that low causes all kinds of random control anomalies. I think the issue is what caused the battery drain, and what other damage was caused by the drain, or by the associated heat discharge.
Did you notice ANYTHING hot after the flight? Either the drone, or the battery itself?

The logs indicate you were actually in the air, with a reasonably active flight, for about 27.5 minutes. And still had about 14.5 volts when the trouble began.
Does that seem right?
Are you using standard OEM batteries?

@tampadrones: Can you remember when the problem did started (the tipping over). Was it with flight #49 from 2020-07-20, 18:14h ?
A first raw view shows that the ST16 takes longer that usual to get enough sats. In the sensor files I saw that it does not record the home point anymore. This is probably the reason why it denied Smart mode.

br HE

I'm going to view the tip over as a "symptom" for the moment, not a cause. Voltage that low causes all kinds of random control anomalies. I think the issue is what caused the battery drain, and what other damage was caused by the drain, or by the associated heat discharge.
Did you notice ANYTHING hot after the flight? Either the drone, or the battery itself?

The logs indicate you were actually in the air, with a reasonably active flight, for about 27.5 minutes. And still had about 14.5 volts when the trouble began.
Does that seem right?
Are you using standard OEM batteries?

I don't recall noticing anything hot. I didn't check the battery how warm it was, I just packed up after that and left. The battery isn't puffed at all and yes, I'm using official yuneec batteries. So could the arming issue be battery related? Should I check the voltage?

@tampadrones: Can you remember when the problem did started (the tipping over). Was it with flight #49 from 2020-07-20, 18:14h ?
A first raw view shows that the ST16 takes longer that usual to get enough sats. In the sensor files I saw that it does not record the home point anymore. This is probably the reason why it denied Smart mode.

br HE

yes, the issue started on that flight. And now you mention it, I do notice I dont get a home point recorded message. Is there a GPS inside the remote that could have gone bad? I have another ST16 to try with

One of our other members told me the dramatic voltage drop was the expected reaction to a LIPO that had been drained below it's threshold. It was not due to an increase in demand. The battery may be damaged, or it's service life may be shortened, but it is not an indicator of a problem with the drone.

I first assumed you had manually entered RTL mode at the end of the flight, since RTL occurs at that point on many of your flights. But now I'm not sure:
Did you receive the normal "First Warning" low voltage alarm?
Did you initiate RTL, or was that the automatic RTL initiated by the system?

I am curious if extreme low voltage, in conjunction with the system still in flight may have altered the system. I have not received a reply on that thought.
The voltage drop in itself was not due to a malfunction. That was a simple matter of pilot error. But low voltage results in increased amperage to maintain the functions. One first thought is that the GPS connector should be checked for oxidation. I would at least remove the top shell, unplug and clean the GPS connector, and see if that has any effect on the system.

I just noticed that the 14 satellites I mentioned before was from the remote, and not the drone. The icon next to the remote gps looks to showing N/A. I assume that could be an indication that my gps module died?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy