Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart Flight Modes wont enable, can only take off in Manual mode

That's interesting.
When you see the "N/A", has the drone been bound long enough, with a good enough view of the sky, to start seeing satellites?
Looking at the existing files, the drone itself is seeing the satellites, and using them to calculate position. It's even reporting what it sees to the controller in the form of telemetry that is recorded in the files. But your observation suggests the controller is not acknowledging satellite count, and it was previously noted the drone is not establishing "Home Point". I'm wondering if there is a difference in which frequency transmits the data, if there is some issue with the controller, maybe some issue with the FC section of the drone mainboard. A more advanced member will need to comment on those issues.
I guess there is a distant chance It could also mean the drone RF module is not transmitting as well as it should. That one should at least be added to the list of "unplug, clean, and reconnect".

That's interesting.
When you see the "N/A", has the drone been bound long enough, with a good enough view of the sky, to start seeing satellites?
Looking at the existing files, the drone itself is seeing the satellites, and using them to calculate position. It's even reporting what it sees to the controller in the form of telemetry that is recorded in the files. But your observation suggests the controller is not acknowledging satellite count, and it was previously noted the drone is not establishing "Home Point". I'm wondering if there is a difference in which frequency transmits the data, if there is some issue with the controller, maybe some issue with the FC section of the drone mainboard. A more advanced member will need to comment on those issues.
I guess there is a distant chance It could also mean the drone RF module is not transmitting as well as it should. That one should at least be added to the list of "unplug, clean, and reconnect".

I opened the top and inspected the GPS. It seems that I could connect a third party gps up but that would be assuming I knew the pinout. That would tell me if the onboard gps went out. But you are seeing GPS counts in the logs.. interesting. The drone itself sat outside while the ST16 started up indoors. That should be log enough, yea?!

I see the same behavior when both units are outside in clear view.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The GPS antenna on the ST16 is located here:
GPS Antenna location.jpg

I was startled by the extremely low voltage on flight 49. I never fly to the low voltage warning and I try to plan my flights so that I'm landing before the warning appears. Nothing good happens after that warning. A lot of things can go wrong as the voltage drops and I suspect the tip over was a result of the very low voltage. Please keep in mind, that Lipo's can be damaged by draining too low. And the life span of the battery will be reduced rather quickly. The LiHV batteries are subject to a more rapid decline in performance as the number of flights increases. So it you keep the flights limited to 17-18 minutes the battery will likely last longer.

It's possible that the firmware may have developed a glitch when the battery went below 13 volts and in this case it dropped well below that. I suggest reinstalling the autopilot on the H Plus and you may need to reset the controller as well.

The GPS antenna on the ST16 is located here:
View attachment 22821

I was startled by the extremely low voltage on flight 49. I never fly to the low voltage warning and I try to plan my flights so that I'm landing before the warning appears. Nothing good happens after that warning. A lot of things can go wrong as the voltage drops and I suspect the tip over was a result of the very low voltage. Please keep in mind, that Lipo's can be damaged by draining too low. And the life span of the battery will be reduced rather quickly. The LiHV batteries are subject to a more rapid decline in performance as the number of flights increases. So it you keep the flights limited to 17-18 minutes the battery will likely last longer.

It's possible that the firmware may have developed a glitch when the battery went below 13 volts and in this case it dropped well below that. I suggest reinstalling the autopilot on the H Plus and you may need to reset the controller as well.

Ive been looking how to downgrade the firmware to refresh it but I am only finding how to upgrade. Do you have a link?

The instructions for how to do an SD Card UpGrade/Downgrade can be used to go in either direction, or go directly from any currently installed firmware to any other version available. See Attachment 29 (SD Card Upgrade/Downgrade H Plus Firmware) in the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project".

It's a good idea to test again with a second ST16. So we could identify if its the drone or the ST16.

The GPS of the drone gives back as Fix-Type "3D position" and after 1-2min "DGPS/SBAS aided 3D position" which is the best you can get.

br HE

Yesterday I was able to get good gps on both the remote and the H. It took a minute to get 12 sats on the remote, but it still thinks it's in some safety zone. I can't turn on smart mode, therefore I can't take off in a smart flight mode.

Probably a dumb question, but have you previously been able to launch from your current location? Or have you tried from some other location that you know is good?

I have had the same thought, and the answer is yes. I was able to fly in the park previously and I have since taken it back to the park and thats when I found that I couldnt take off. I have also tried at my friends house and it did the same thing there. Definitely not in a NFZ

Does anyone else have any advice for me? I have reloaded the drone firmware and dug out my other ST16 and it says the same thing. Im about to give up on Yuneec altogether...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval