Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart Mode Issue

Reaction score
hi all, new to the Forum, great to have somewhere to be able to share experiences and ask for help!

With that in mind, flew my 4k today for the first time and started in Smart Mode just to be safe. For some reason, it wouldn't fly backwards?! When I switched to Angle/Pilot mode, it flew backwards just fine, so,it's definitely not the joystick.

I have both the quad and transmitter running the latest firmware. I've emailed Yuneec to get some feedback, but in the interim, has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers guys.

So I think I'm probably just being a dumb a**... Have a feeling that I was probably inside the geo-perimeter safe mode uses and hence the quad wasn't prepared to fly any closer to me as a fail safe. I'll test again tomorrow and update the thread. Hopefully I'm just a kook?!!!

Reactions: Butch M
... I was probably inside the geo-perimeter safe mode uses and hence the quad wasn't prepared to fly any closer to me as a fail safe.

That's what I was wondering.

Also, remember that if you start to take off in smart mode when you're closer that 26'ish feet, it'll want to quickly get away from you.

Reactions: Butch M
So I think I'm probably just being a dumb a**... Have a feeling that I was probably inside the geo-perimeter safe mode uses and hence the quad wasn't prepared to fly any closer to me as a fail safe. I'll test again tomorrow and update the thread. Hopefully I'm just a kook?!!!
I'll bet your teat flight proved your "in the flight geo perimeter correct"

That's what I was wondering.

Also, remember that if you start to take off in smart mode when you're closer that 26'ish feet, it'll want to quickly get away from you.
yes, that is what happened to me and it crashed into my car and wrecked a set of rotors. the rotors are very brittle and break easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval