Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So, I said I was going to make an adapter.

Reaction score
Do not expect quick additions, I have work to do.

I looked at connection cables to connect yuneec batteries to balance chargers.
They are only using 14awg I prefer to use better quality as some one in post the original post stated.
12awg minimum

1st look, totally different outputs.

usual LiPo.
-ve is to 1st of balance plug usually black, BUT different manufacturers.

On The Yuneec, 1st check, +ve seemes to connected to 1st balance connection. The next big connection.

T the other -ve end, seems to be connected to the next to it balance connector. So cell count is out. will have to re cheek as I am sure it is not.

To build a connector.

I started with a sheet of brass, about 1mm thick.
I measured the plug/socket. although it measured at about 5mm, I found that at 5mm would not go into socket, reduced to 4.5mm.

The maximum that the plug can go into to socket is 9mm. I used a bend at 8mm basic bend using pliers. then flatten using a small hammer and a knife blade, to keep an opening at the end of the flattened bit. (Make a tension in the socket) Then on to the balance connectors. just working on that, Normal is 1 end connected to -ve the other as it goes, with the last gives voltage for 1st cell.

D o not expect every day updates, I have to make money.

• Wow
Reactions: AussieCate
Is that what you are looking for if it is for the battery.
H520 and H plus have the same battery
Battery charging plug for H520

Yes it is, but I tried a deans plug and it would not go in, will have to try again after splitting one.
It is a nice cable he made up, I plan to use connector housing from a 25 pin computer plug/socket, so will be in line rather than the angle of the scart.

So very much thanks to claudius 62

I would never had looked at the H520 area.

Great post that I was directed to.

I am making one with a few mods.

I am using 12awg rather than 14.Why stick to 12 inch? I am making mine less than 6. less resistance, OK not much but every little helps

I have found that the spacing for the +ve end of plug is about 0.5mm out for standard deans plug. Split the plug, trim off the bits, put together., perfect. I have initial used a soldering iron to tack the section together. I am still waiting for delivery of mini deans plugs, ones that I ordered came as micro deans. seller agreed their fault, so got my money back. I think they found that return postage was more than the item was worth, so they said to keep them. I now have 10 micro deans plug/socket. That I will probably never use.

Why stick to 12 inch? I am making mine less than 6. less resistance, OK not much but every little helps

6”, 12”, 14” doesn’t really matter. What does is being able to manage space for batteries, balance boards, the charger, and other stuff on the bench. It’s often a lot more convenient to be able to move the batteries a little further from the charger and not tangle with balance boards.

It’s also easier to put the batteries in a fire bag/case with longer cables.

6”, 12”, 14” doesn’t really matter. What does is being able to manage space for batteries, balance boards, the charger, and other stuff on the bench. It’s often a lot more convenient to be able to move the batteries a little further from the charger and not tangle with balance boards.
Yes, personal preference and ease of use.

Still having problems getting the smaller deans type plug. I can fix the normal deans together with the tip of a soldering iron.
I have tried epoxy,, Not solid enough. just tried a section of a nylon bar, not solid enough, but can be used as a template. Will keep looking, but the definition of a deans plug is the problem. The original description is as a mini deans. So what is a Mini deans? normal deans> micro deans?

Thanks for your info, Did eventually find the correct size, have put the connector together. Unfortunately I now go into Hospital for a shoulder replacement Op tomorrow. So extra pics of the unit will have to wait until I have two usable arms again. Going to be armless tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval