Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So many Typhoon H's for sale

Most likely unsatisfied with cam, Its great beside that for me. Its my first dedicated camera unit and I do luv it but apparently the more experienced peeps are not satisfied with the camera performance.

Reactions: Lumberjack0
Most likely unsatisfied with cam, Its great beside that for me. Its my first dedicated camera unit and I do luv it but apparently the more experienced peeps are not satisfied with the camera performance.

Probably right.

Sure if you buy a Hexa drone with cam for about $1500 and think you'll get a cam for $5000 you will be dissapointed. As simple as that. Btw my cam works exellent.

I think to many are shipped with simple problems....my cam seems to be ok. But i have problems with the gimbal.

The camera sucks in auto mode, but I've learned to set it up manually and I get great video. A lot of people don't have the patience to learn how to use the camera.

The camera sucks in auto mode, but I've learned to set it up manually and I get great video. A lot of people don't have the patience to learn how to use the camera.

I agree using manual settings is better. Could you do a tutorial on youtube of what to do to get more desirable results?

Man this sounds like the last 30 years with auto settings on cameras. A skilled hand (Not me!!) will always beat auto mode so I have started playing with the cam settings and getting better results as well. No problems here with H so far

Reactions: Steve Carr
I agree using manual settings is better. Could you do a tutorial on youtube of what to do to get more desirable results?

Captaindrone has already done a video on this, you can get good results from the typhoon H if your willing to learn how to get the most from it and it's camera.
New products always have niggles and I feel the H has hardly even been given a chance,I have a Sony android 4K television and I've had it for a year and it's taken this long for Sony to release updates and make it stable and it's now an awesome piece of kit that I'm Proud to own and Im Sure the H will be the same,give Yuneec a chance and I'm sure it'll be the flying machine we all hoped for,I love mine and I'll be staying onboard for the long game.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
There are several on Youtube. This is one of the better ones
There are several on Youtube but this is one of the better ones. Provides a good basic understanding.

One other reason for the large number of trade in's may be the fact that the H kind of got oversold with regard to some of the fancy features. The reality is WAY different than the perception pre sale. I like my H. Going to keep my H. but I was a bit taken aback by when the reality hit. Here are a few that I had.

1) The wand could hand off to the ST16 in flight.
2) The wand could be used in a water tight pouch. (Actually the pouch hits buttons including the OFF button.
3) CCC mode could be programmed on a map during a preflight.
4) Drone would could be tracked on a map.
5) More than 20 minutes flight time. I remember numbers as high as 25. I feel lucky when I get 16-17.

The other reason I think is that there is not yet independent app development like brand D. (Maybe I am wrong here because I don't have my P4 YET! so I have no idea if the stuff I see on the app store is anythng but a a bunch of crap.).

The good suprises were:
The stability in some very high winds.
No issues at all with the flying platform or the gimbal/camera for me. (I am lucky).I expected a few.
How cool it looks. I went to an RC gathering where there were the old fixed wing guys grumbling about the "quads"... about my age!!! But after the meetings, I got my H out and had a crowd around me asking me stuff. Especially some kids some of whom were unbelievably smart.

One more disappointment,

I thought you could to this: "Wand could be used for follow mode only and all the other buttons are DEAD. I am not comfortable handing my wand to an athlete and worrying about him butt dialing a crash for me."

Lots of people buying the latest shiny toy and discovering it's something you need to put quite a bit of time and effort into mastering. Compared to earlier drones these really do almost fly themselves, but that doesn't mean you can just throw it into the air and get films like you see in the adverts. Owning a drone is a hobby, it's not really like just buying a nice camera.

Also I suspect a certain number were bought by people who thought they were going to make a load of money selling them on when there were shortages.

Sure if you buy a Hexa drone with cam for about $1500 and think you'll get a cam for $5000 you will be dissapointed. As simple as that. Btw my cam works exellent.

No but I do expect to get a camera that looks at least as good as a GoPro Hero 4.....

For TH is same range with DJI P4 but P4 camera is much more batter than our H.
(at least we must have same quality with P4)

Last edited:
Yes but it requires software and a different lens, does this sound familiar? The lens profiles still don't look right imo.
You can fix that in software or change the lens, The GoPro has a much better compression algorithm, higher data rate and a better raw mode

Reactions: Subtle Shots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop