Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Solid Red on three week old charger

Reaction score
I purchased a Q500 three weeks ago and this is the third time I've charged the battery including the initial charge.

After charging one battery successfully, I'm getting a solid red light from the second battery. I have swapped batteries and I have swapped the mini cable from the charger to the battery and it is still solid red.

Can I leave it "charging" to see if it corrects itself? I don't have a battery tester. What are my options other than calling Yuneec and giving them an earful?

Thanks

I purchased a Q500 three weeks ago and this is the third time I've charged the battery including the initial charge.
After charging one battery successfully, I'm getting a solid red light from the second battery. I have swapped batteries and I have swapped the mini cable from the charger to the battery and it is still solid red.
Can I leave it "charging" to see if it corrects itself? I don't have a battery tester. What are my options other than calling Yuneec and giving them an earful?
Thanks
So if I understand correctly, one battery charges ok and one does not?
If that's the case then you may have a bad one or it may have been discharged to a low enough voltage that the charger won't recharge it. There are ways to bring the charge level up so the charger will work, but you need a volt meter to check it first. Do you know someone who has a meter? Or you can pick one up for about $15 at Walmart.

Steve,

Thanks for responding. I do have a volt meter, however I'm not very adept to its uses (or knowing it can be called a battery tester.). Can you let me know the setting to test the battery?

If I do determine that it's lower than the charger would allow, how do I get it back up to an acceptable level? I read someone used a car charger but that seems excessive.

Thanks again,

Daniel

QUOTE="Steve Carr, post: 102330, member: 453"]So if I understand correctly, one battery charges ok and one does not?
If that's the case then you may have a bad one or it may have been discharged to a low enough voltage that the charger won't recharge it. There are ways to bring the charge level up so the charger will work, but you need a volt meter to check it first. Do you know someone who has a meter? Or you can pick one up for about $15 at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Can you let me know the setting to test the battery
It should be a digital meter. Set it on DC volts. The range should be set at about 20. Then just put the leads into the large terminals on the battery and you should get the reading.
Post the reading here and then we can go to the next step.

I had this problem with one of my Q500 batteries and sent it back to yuneec under warranty and it had a dead cell my Q was only a month old got it replaced

10.41 is the reading on the battery I can't charge and 12.41 s the reading on the battery I already charged. That doesn't seem accurate for a battery that isn't charged.

Daniel

QUOTE="Steve Carr, post: 102348, member: 453"]It should be a digital meter. Set it on DC volts. The range should be set at about 20. Then just put the leads into the large terminals on the battery and you should get the reading.
Post the reading here and then we can go to the next step.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see this post until now. Appreciate the help.

I had this problem with one of my Q500 batteries and sent it back to yuneec under warranty and it had a dead cell my Q was only a month old got it replaced

Did you call or email them? Both methods seem impossibly slow.

QUOTE="Thomas111, post: 102362, member: 9449"]I had this problem with one of my Q500 batteries and sent it back to yuneec under warranty and it had a dead cell my Q was only a month old got it replaced[/QUOTE]

I just called them and in the UK we don't need a RMA number unlike the USA i have posted the address details on here just send proof of purchase and ship it to them with a note on it saying the problem and send it recorded signed for so you can track it all the way don't tell the post office it's a battery they won't take it just tell them it's a hobby part then once you send it call and speak to someone and just let them know u have sent it

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece