Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@ViperMX2 just posted what may be a solution for many Android users.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZflyer83
@ViperMX2 just posted what may be a solution for many Android users.

I got my refurb and used the cable I normally charge my note 9 with and the video worked fine...didnt even see the included cable to afterwards...I haven't tried it yet.

I got my refurb and used the cable I normally charge my note 9 with and the video worked fine...didnt even see the included cable to afterwards...I haven't tried it yet.
Can you use it for data transfer to your PC? The point is that the cable included in the kit is a charging only cable, it has no data lines and therefore the video data cannot transfer from the controller to the phone.

Exactly the same happened to me after my android automatically upgraded from 9 to 10.

I got an old phone on android 8 and it worked fine.

At first I suspected the cable.

I also tried unbinding and binding the drone and app in android 10 but it made no difference.

I called Yuneec UK support and they said they'd had a few similar reports with the Q using the Pilot App. I called them back to let them know about it working in 8.

They are going to take it up with the app developers. No fix so far.

Exactly the same happened to me after my android automatically upgraded from 9 to 10.

I got an old phone on android 8 and it worked fine.

At first I suspected the cable.

I also tried unbinding and binding the drone and app in android 10 but it made no difference.

I called Yuneec UK support and they said they'd had a few similar reports with the Q using the Pilot App. I called them back to let them know about it working in 8.

They are going to take it up with the app developers. No fix so far.
I also have had the video problem with a Pixel 3. I have recently bought a new Mantis Q in a closed box with carrying bag through Affer.com for $169.00. Then I bought a refurbished AT&T Axia phone with Android 8 for $20.00. The phone will only be used for the video feed. The purchases are still far under the original Mantis price. I don't think the software fix is going to happen!

I also have had the video problem with a Pixel 3. I have recently bought a new Mantis Q in a closed box with carrying bag through Affer.com for $169.00. Then I bought a refurbished AT&T Axia phone with Android 8 for $20.00. The phone will only be used for the video feed. The purchases are still far under the original Mantis price. I don't think the software fix is going to happen!
You are most likely correct about the software updates. I believe the ship has sailed.

I found one on eBay for $30 USD. will receive it next Tuesday 04/19. Hopefully this will be a cure for the no video issue with my Mantis Q,

Got my eBay phone today, Works great. Android 8.1 OS,

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval