Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some General Questions...

Reaction score
1. The drone/camera keeps creating new folders and resetting the file numbers. I've not noticed any pattern to it but, thinking on it just now, it might be every time I land it or something. It's a bit annoying though... I have lots of photo files with the same file name as a result and when you're trying to group them in a folder on my laptop, I get the whole 'this file already exists' message all the time. It also keeps resetting the date to 01 January 2000. Is there anything I can do about these two things? I just want one folder and a continuation of file numbers.

2. I noticed some grease on the gimbal yesterday. More specifically on the rubber 'boots' (if that's what they're called). Is this normal? I did see this asked on another thread amongst other questions but it didn't get answered.

3. Does anyone know where I can get replacement LED caps? I've asked Yuneec a few times but they're not coming back to me with anything.

I'm also looking to review my flight logs/records and have seen a thread on Mission Planner which I'll look up this evening. Done my theory and practical tests and in the process of doing my flight manuals so need to start logging all my flights. Hoping that I can get all the information from my flights to date from the drone.

Reactions: Steve AFD
1. It's something that happens to all of us, I'd mentioned it but I forgot. I've added it to suggestions for the new version. Possibility to change the way in which the folders where the images are saved are created and to fix the problem of the date of the images.

2. It's not normal for you to have fat in the dumpers. They may be starting to fail like a partner. They sent him some new ones.

3. Ask Handn ( Products ) o en copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts

Share that Mission Planner link. Don't keep it to yourself :p

Reactions: Steve AFD
Hi Guys

Does anyone know the Maximum Take Off Weight for H520?
I could not find any info on this in specs.
Thank you

Hi Guys

Does anyone know the Maximum Take Off Weight for H520?
I could not find any info on this in specs.
Thank you

If you need such info for a flight manual, unless Yuneec provides a max weight to the contrary, we might presume the weight of a 520 equipped with a factory battery and the heaviest factory camera to be the maximum weight as certified by the manufacturer.

If Yuneec does not provide anything to the contrary, those adding more weight are independent test pilots and the data they collect from over weight operations would need to be comprehensive and reviewed in depth before putting any faith in their experiences.

The reason I put it that way is because the amount of weight a 520 can lift is not the maximum weight it can safely carry. More weight impacts battery life, flight time, aircraft stability, flight control, and electrical current loading. Current loading can negatively impact life span and reliability of ESC's, motors, fuses on the flight control board. Anyone experimenting with carriage of additional weight needs to be cognizant of all the factors the increased weight can impact.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone