Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

some recent test vids

• Thread starter Deleted member 19815
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19815

I was attempting to gauge the perspective from the camera viewer on the controller,
with what i saw line of sight..not that the bird house on the post , is something amazing and needing such close scrutiny..
someone else here is a documented tree topper and has forewarned of the woes of camera blind spots..those who put in the time reading the forums
try to learn to avoid such...

Buddy tempted me to fly at the gravel pit near my place..I was playing with the POI functions and set the bird into a stationary spin, after catching the shot of the loader at work...

i noticed today i had left the zoom extended..heh..today i forgot to turn on the camera and had a good chuckle at my own, "exuberance"..instead..

Last edited by a moderator:
this is where i jumped into the tornado H920 from...a home made bird built with the remains of models out grown or crashed..the Go Pro 4 cam is near indestructible and for its purposes gives nice video.

While you were flying all I could hear was a chainsaw, but couldn't see it. Must have been out there in the woods?

While you were flying all I could hear was a chainsaw, but couldn't see it. Must have been out there in the woods?

that would be a very sick chainsaw were it one uou were hearing.. .. heh..
those gopro cam mics are surprisingly sensitive and a good quality mic for the price point..even in its hard shell protective case the mics are good ..

So far 4 flights..
still very gusty and i am not sure of MY flight skills holding up were the wind to suddenly grab the bird
and drag it away..were i live, in the sticks.. sudden rogue gusts and direction changes are daily factors..
having lost and recovered several models over the years.. some spectacular crashes and free falls from hieght, and recovering each and every one of those models, i have learned when to fly around this area and when to try that new" something" i added to the bird.., out..heh..

I am in Canada..Saskatchewan..outside a small town.

pop those co - ords into google sat map and you can see the house and the gravel pit near by,
where i took the shots above..

QUOTE="AH-1G, post: 187313, member: 10278"]
so where is it you fly. Montana?
[/QUOTE]

I am in Canada..Saskatchewan..outside a small town.

pop those co - ords into google sat map and you can see the house and the gravel pit near by,
where i took the shots above..

QUOTE="AH-1G, post: 187313, member: 10278"]
so where is it you fly. Montana?
[/QUOTE]
? I'm down here where there's no such thing as winter or jackets. Ocoee suburb of Orlando Florida.

[emoji1787] I'm down here where there's no such thing as winter or jackets. Ocoee suburb of Orlando Florida.[/QUOTE]

Where polarized sunglasses are mandatory to combat the effects of bald heads and extremely loud colored sports ware in bright sunshine[emoji6]

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
here we have 8 months of cold and 4 months of poor sledding... i learned that one can fly an electric craft @-20 C, if you keep the battery [ies[ at room temp till last moment...

here is one of my first vids i added a sound track to....now you know why i don't bother any more..

fighting a 30 klm hour wind....GoPro.. wind rain or snow..

Reactions: Good time Charlie
Ok, no need to add music, I'll just hmm to myself.;)
I'm interested in what's under the tarp in your garage??
8 months of cold, why torture yourself like that??

this is where i jumped into the tornado H920 from...a home made bird built with the remains of models out grown or crashed..the Go Pro 4 cam is near indestructible and for its purposes gives nice video.

That is quite a jump? How is it going with the 920? Have you had any issues? How are the batteries holding up? What kind of flight times are you getting?

Hi Adam..so far the h920 is exceeding my expectations, which were set reasonably low after the year of research I did into the yuneec brand..compared to the home made birds i am familiar with, the Toronado
flies as if on rails..solid GPS locks, even up here in the true north where the other GPS units on my models would only find a dozen GPS satellites, the tornado finds 20 plus..usually withing a minute of turning it on....

any issues?..well with the bird itself, no issues.. lots of praise for the quality components and solid construction........the batteries, as most other users can attest to,, are also my main issue with the bird as the stock batteries are already showing signs of puffing, and higher than usual internal resistance already..even with my almost anal battery maintenance and charging /storing regiment, set up because of past lipo battery ignorance / abuse..i got 17 mins for the first 5 flights, now i get 10 - 12 minutes [using all 3 batteries], and 10 min now with just two batteries on board..

i have been attempting to get a hold of a couple of the Zippy 5000 6s lipos mentioned and recommended by users in this forum..so far no luck finding a pair..i will be sure to let the forum know how those work out for me when i get a few flights in with them.

the last couple of weeks have seen me outside "shaking my fist at the sky, cursing the wind."quite comical my other half tells me..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval