Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Someone found the full manual!

now I must get a camera for it to really be able to use it. also I going to have to get a whole new set of st16s batteries. 5 hours to recharge just one of the controller batteries. but the kicker it must for now be charge only through the controller itself. got three chargers that work only with the st16 battery. a little reverse engineering is in order to get the recharge times down or external power source connection to keep the controller alive for long time frames of 4 hours to 12 hours of usage in one day.

I think it was commented that the controller's battery was removable? If that's the case with having more than one, you don't have to do more.

removable yes but time it takes to recharge each and every battery used so it can be used for the same amount of time the very next day. due to so far it can be only recharged when only connected with usb port in the controller. that's my lynch pin.

Reactions: oliver
removable yes but time it takes to recharge each and every battery used so it can be used for the same amount of time the very next day. due to so far it can be only recharged when only connected with usb port in the controller. that's my lynch pin.

You know that we always have the possibility of knowing the battery specifications to use another LIPO or LIFO battery and make an adapter. Then it is to use a multiple charger and fixed. In the last video that has been put of a Spanish distributor you can see in the back of the transmitter as it has a cover that has to be of the battery so I think we have everything.

If a battery is removable it will have a separable connector. If it has a connector adapters are either available or can be fabricated. If you have a adapter the battery can be charged using a method of choice. The battery specifications have already been made public with a photo of the 16 battery in another thread.

One thing is certain; this is not the drone for someone that chooses to avoid reading the instructions.

Bob520,

A question; How difficult would it be for the Yuneec product developers to work out a system connection that would allow export of the primary video stream to a separate monitor while maintaining the data stream display at the 16 monitor? Reason I ask is because, just like larger UAV systems, as capabilities expand so does the amount of displayed function data which creates a very "busy" or cluttered screen. It's why multiple monitors are used to separate information displays with larger systems, minimizing/eliminating the need to change back and forth between screen displays. I understand this would significantly alter the "footprint" of the ground station but I doubt that would be an issue for those using the system for many operations. Perhaps develop a new multi display ground station as an option for those with such needs or desires?

Bob520,

A question; How difficult would it be for the Yuneec product developers to work out a system connection that would allow export of the primary video stream to a separate monitor while maintaining the data stream display at the 16 monitor?

Good idea. How about it, Bob? I think you know someone...

If a battery is removable it will have a separable connector. If it has a connector adapters are either available or can be fabricated. If you have a adapter the battery can be charged using a method of choice. The battery specifications have already been made public with a photo of the 16 battery in another thread.

One thing is certain; this is not the drone for someone that chooses to avoid reading the instructions.

Bob520,

A question; How difficult would it be for the Yuneec product developers to work out a system connection that would allow export of the primary video stream to a separate monitor while maintaining the data stream display at the 16 monitor? Reason I ask is because, just like larger UAV systems, as capabilities expand so does the amount of displayed function data which creates a very "busy" or cluttered screen. It's why multiple monitors are used to separate information displays with larger systems, minimizing/eliminating the need to change back and forth between screen displays. I understand this would significantly alter the "footprint" of the ground station but I doubt that would be an issue for those using the system for many operations. Perhaps develop a new multi display ground station as an option for those with such needs or desires?
That's what the HDMI port on top of the ST16S is for. At Interdrone we ran two external tv's during the flight using the HDMI port so the audience could see the flight control system. You can also connect to the video stream via WIFI and knowing the password to view the video stream.

Yeah, I was surprised too. Just as Bob makes it clear to us and it is simply a failure to write the manual that says that it is necessary to turn off the aircraft to disconnect the camera.
Nope, the cameras are hot swappable. No need to turn off the aircraft.

Nope, the cameras are hot swappable. No need to turn off the aircraft.

Manual Pag. 4

CHANGING THE CAMERA GIMBAL
Power down the H520 using the power button on the top of the airframe, press the camera latch on the
front of the camera mount and slide the camera gimbal off the mount.

The procedure indicates that the aircraft must be turned off and this leads to confusion.

That's what the HDMI port on top of the ST16S is for. At Interdrone we ran two external tv's during the flight using the HDMI port so the audience could see the flight control system. You can also connect to the video stream via WIFI and knowing the password to view the video stream.

Bob I think it refers to being able to output a signal to an external device without the integrated GUI with the image appearing and seeing the image with the interface in the controller.

As I understood it in the manual, it takes out the same picture that you see on the controller. By double-clicking on the controller image the GUI disappears in the external device but also in the controller. Any way to see the GUI in the controller and not in the external device?

Manual Pag. 4

CHANGING THE CAMERA GIMBAL
Power down the H520 using the power button on the top of the airframe, press the camera latch on the
front of the camera mount and slide the camera gimbal off the mount.

The procedure indicates that the aircraft must be turned off and this leads to confusion.

Bob I think it refers to being able to output a signal to an external device without the integrated GUI with the image appearing and seeing the image with the interface in the controller.

As I understood it in the manual, it takes out the same picture that you see on the controller. By double-clicking on the controller image the GUI disappears in the external device but also in the controller. Any way to see the GUI in the controller and not in the external device?

Yes, the edited version of the manual says to turn off the airframe. However, the cameras are hot swappable. I did it on the E50/E90 videos posted in the other thread.

Part 2. You can connect any 5 GHz wifi device to the video stream and not get the DataPilot information displayed, since your not going through DataPilot to capture the video stream.

Yes, but with the H480, when you connect wifi with an external device, you consume bandwidth and greatly reduces the vidéo range. It is the same on H520 ?
And the HDMI port on ST16S, with HDCP or not ? because it is ridiculous
thank you for your help

Last edited:

Using multiple monitors was pretty much a given, the hard part is providing one monitor that presents only the video portion of the data stream with an aircraft position over lay and another that presents only the data/aircraft/system states detached from the imagery, or at most the data portion and the rendering of an active flight plan. All the above without using a separate WiFi transmitter. We already know that standard 5.8gig Vtx and Vrx systems do not pick up Yuneec's WiFi. Screen clutter makes any system more difficult to navigate and maintain situational awareness.

In the example below, obtained from open source Google images, the video imagery would usually be displayed on the right monitor, the active flight plan and area map is the center monitor, and control functions are on the left monitor. In this image the video is not being displayed for various reasons.

Screens.jpg

Last edited:
Using multiple monitors was pretty much a given, the hard part is providing one monitor that presents only the video portion of the data stream with an aircraft position over lay and another that presents only the data/aircraft/system states detached from the imagery, or at most the data portion and the rendering of an active flight plan. All the above without using a separate WiFi transmitter. We already know that standard 5.8gig Vtx and Vrx systems do not pick up Yuneec's WiFi. Screen clutter makes any system more difficult to navigate and maintain situational awareness.

In the example below, obtained from open source Google images, the video imagery would usually be displayed on the right monitor, the active flight plan and area map is the center monitor, and control functions are on the left monitor. In this image the video is not being displayed for various reasons.

View attachment 7345

The DataPilot desktop application is not yet available and it could allow a permanent connection to access the telemetry in real time. It would be very interesting. In the same way that Mission Planner works, it would be possible to establish a connection between the computer and the controller in order to have telemetry. It would be much more comfortable to control missions, without leaving aside the controller. If I also allowed separating in windows the way to show the information what you comment would be done :)

Uoooo, they're working their asses off and we're asking for stuff like this. If it were to materialize, it would be a double professional system. :D

With my poor vision, small screens and clutter mess me over. Add in Sunlight and distractions...ack!

That's one reason I wanted the 11" HDMI monitor. Yes, everything is on the screen, but now spread out nicely.
I do see the point, and it's probably doable.:)

It's something that would take a little time, after the initial 520 teething pains subside a little. An additional benefit is something like that establishes part of the path a true multi-level commercial system has to go to maintain permit system expansion. There will always be the group that wants to maintain extreme portability but there's a group with a bit more sophistication that would understand having an actual "ground station" that permits and provides for greater functionality. Of course that would cause a need for a more robust -16:rolleyes:

I don't think we can take an H520 and make a Matrice 200 out of it.:rolleyes:
But here's the thing: What is truly remarkable is that the H520 can do much of what the M200 can do for much less money.:cool:

View attachment 7345
I see what you're saying, extend the desktop to multiple displays and only show what is required on each display, I'm just not sure how easy this is without significant custom development. While this works fairly simply in most modern PC OS's I'm not sure this capability exists in Android SDK or the version of Android Yuneec is using for the ST16S. Most people don't have multi-screen tablets or phones with extended desktops. However, if Yuneec could pull it off it would be cool, and also have the option to just mirror the existing display which is what it currently does by default.

Agreed, the example picture is a bit over the top with 3 monitors but the ability to separate video from other data on 2 screens, connected via HDMI, could be attractive down the line.

As Yuneec appears to be targeting LEA's and SAR groups with their marketing the ability to provide a "custom" ground control package that retains the basic portability of the aircraft and ground controller but also incorporates a separate ground control station for use with coordinated operations extremely desirable by the customers. Essentially open a box and an operational GCS using larger screens is quickly in play. The larger PD's and FD's tend to prefer an expanded, or secondary, GCS for use by the command structure when given the option. As Yuneec shifts/splits focus from the consumer to the Enterprise and First Responder professional there will be a need to alter how the intended customer perceives the product.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaduke