Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Someone found the full manual!

I like you suggestion of individuals developing their own maintenance schedules. Since there are no published service life limits we all need to take that into consideration and build a package that leans towards the conservative, with pre-flight actions used to develop useful life limits that are added to the schedule as required.

We discussed the subject of the transmitter battery. The cover is part of the battery and the connector is integrated. I think it costs less work to buy a spare battery. I have released the battery of a transmitter and speaking to the salesman he has told me that Yuneec does not have any additional batteries yet. I imagine a little later they will.

We discussed the subject of the transmitter battery. The cover is part of the battery and the connector is integrated. I think it costs less work to buy a spare battery. I have released the battery of a transmitter and speaking to the salesman he has told me that Yuneec does not have any additional batteries yet. I imagine a little later they will.
Refer to my first impressions thread for a picture of the connectors for the battery.

Refer to my first impressions thread for a picture of the connectors for the battery.

Yes, making an adapter is going to be a bit complicated, in my opinion it is better to have an original replacement if necessary. They're not for sale yet, but they'll be.

I am just ready this manual for H520 and some things I would like to comment.

CALIBRATIONS
Watching all the talks during past months prior to the H520 release I was in impression that compass calibration will be actually easier, no longer need for rotating aircraft. But in this manual I see not only rotating is needed, but also they state that that you should do this if your take of position is changed for only 5 miles.
And not only compass calibration is now more complicated, but I see accelerometer calibration is now more complicated than on H480. Now you need to rorate aircraft for accelerometer as well.
Instead of creating this to be easier, it is more complicated.

OBS
What does it meanse when switch is position center, that OBS is in stanby ? What is difference between off and standby

ST16S
So is this remote now with 2 or 3 antennas ? in manual it is shown with two antennas

I am just ready this manual for H520 and some things I would like to comment.

CALIBRATIONS
Watching all the talks during past months prior to the H520 release I was in impression that compass calibration will be actually easier, no longer need for rotating aircraft. But in this manual I see not only rotating is needed, but also they state that that you should do this if your take of position is changed for only 5 miles.
And not only compass calibration is now more complicated, but I see accelerometer calibration is now more complicated than on H480. Now you need to rorate aircraft for accelerometer as well.
Instead of creating this to be easier, it is more complicated.

OBS
What does it meanse when switch is position center, that OBS is in stanby ? What is difference between off and standby

ST16S
So is this remote now with 2 or 3 antennas ? in manual it is shown with two antennas

It's a brand new aircraft, it only looks like the H480. The controller is new and requires those steps. It is not an evolution of the previous one so it cannot be compared.

Don't listen to me too much, I think it's like this:
Off: the function is not loaded in memory
Standby: This function in memory but is not activated
On: Function is active

The images in the manual have to be updated, they have already commented.

It's a brand new aircraft, it only looks like the H480. The controller is new and requires those steps. It is not an evolution of the previous one so it cannot be compared.
I'm just saying that some months ago in one video if I remember correctly, it was mentioned that compass calibration don't need rotating.
now, not only this is the same, but also accelerometer calibration is complicated and there is this thing whenn you need to calibrate when you move just 5 miles away.

I'm just saying that some months ago in one video if I remember correctly, it was mentioned that compass calibration don't need rotating.
now, not only this is the same, but also accelerometer calibration is complicated and there is this thing whenn you need to calibrate when you move just 5 miles away.

It is not a criticism is simply to record a fact. It's a completely different aircraft, it just looks the same in form, the rest is different, so you have to forget about the H480 in that sense (As always it is my opinion ;))

I've been using the platform on which the H520 is based for years and it's always been that way. Following safety guidelines is in our best interest. I agree with you, i also think that 5 miles is a short distance because the magnetic fields don't vary so much over such a short distance, but if we do it methodically it's a good thing. Flying more than 5 miles from the last location means you have to travel and start over again. It's a matter of getting used to it and avoiding problems.

Ooh this is interesting:
Recalibrate the Compass anytime the H520 aircraft has moved more than five miles from the last Compass calibration.
That's a very small amount compared to what they advise with the H
That's because its primary use is a mapping mission machine. The more accurate the Compass on site. The more accurate the data and flight path will be.

I think there is an error in the manual.
In the French manual, for the calibration of the compass, it is stipulated:
Perform a new calibration of the compass every time the H520 drone has moved more than 50 kilometers from the last compass calibration.
Unless your miles now make 10 kilometers? :D

For me it makes much more sense 50km than 5 miles........ is a more reasonable amount :rolleyes:

Does the H520 have any form of team mode currently or is that a future feature? I saw nothing about it in the manual.
On speaking to the UK Yuneec team, they do have plans for team mode for the H520 but your guess is as good as mine as to the delivery date of this.

Does the H520 have any form of team mode currently or is that a future feature? I saw nothing about it in the manual.
Yes it is coming.
V2 of datapilot is being worked on. And a lot of the things we are asking for should be in it.
The problem is what time line they are working on.
I have heard that but Febuary..... But that is not good enough. I hoping that the before Christmas is the date we want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval