Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Soon to be an H+ owner

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the drone arena. Been looking and wanting a Typhoon H for quite a while. So, after much flipping and flopping, I ordered an H+ a couple of days ago. Should get it late next week. I've never even flown a drone but want one to take my photography to the next level. I've seen what these things can do and I want to add a yuneec perspective (see what I did there?) to my portfolio. I mainly shoot landscapes and wildlife and plan to do some traveling once I retire. So, I figure I'd join the fun. This drone seems a bit intimidating and I'm sure there is a learning curve but I'm sure I will figure it out quickly. I will be using this forum to gain as much info as I can as well as give any knowledge or problems I find along the way.

I was exactly where you are now, 2 years ago, with the Typhoon H Pro... this forum will become your university and there is a wealth of information for be found.

First, a bit of advice:

Below is a link to a very good yet cheap nano drone and can be flown around your home or apartment. It will give you a very good basic feel for the sticks, particularly since there is no real assistance with gaining a steady hover or control with GPS assistance on the bigger aircraft, like the Plus.

A great starter quad for under $125... $60 for the Blade Nano QX and I recommend getting a 4 port charger and 4 batteries, so you can get some decent flying time in... these little batteries only give 5 minutes flight time... you should be able to pick one up in a local hobby store if you don't want to wait for shipping.

Blade Nano QX

Fly the crap out of it, being able to bounce it off the ceiling, walls and big screen. Read on the board everything you can about the Plus and it's predecessor, the Typhoon H.

What I'm going to recommend may be hard, but when you get the Plus, leave it in the box for a couple of weeks. Take the time now, to fly the Nano QX and to order some needed accessories:

1) You will need a better charger than the Yuneec OEM charge provided. See this thread:

DY5 Charger

and this important thread on Lipo Battery Care

LiPo Battery Care

Get some minor crash parts, so when something minor does happen, you do not have to wait on shipping:

Typhoon H Plus A Props

Typhoon H Plus B Props

You will eventually need ND filters for smooth cinematic video... see this thread for the current situation with ND filters that will fit the Plus camera:

Freewell ND filters for the Plus

The microSD card that comes with the Plus will not be good enough for quality video... CAUTION! Samsung microSD cards will not work in the Plus. See this thread for known compatible memory cards for the C23:

Plus Compatible microSD Cards

To quote GnR... welcome to the jungle...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
THANK YOU! I will read up on all those links since my package doesn't get here until late next week. Can't wait to start flying and (hopefully) getting some great shots.

I was exactly where you are now, 2 years ago, with the Typhoon H Pro... this forum will become your university and there is a wealth of information for be found.

First bit of bit of advice:

Below is a link to a very good yet cheap nano drone and can be flown around your home or apartment. It will give you a very good basic feel for the sticks, particularly since there is no real assistance with gaining a steady hover or control with GPS assistance on the bigger aircraft, like the Plus.

A great starter quad for under $125... $60 for the Blade Nano QX and I recommend getting a 4 port charger and 4 batteries, so you can get some decent flying time in... these little batteries only give 5 minutes flight time... you should be able to pick one up in a local hobby store if you don't want to wait for shipping.

Blade Nano QX

Fly the crap out of it, being able to bounce it off the ceiling, walls and big screen. Read on the board everything you can about the Plus and it's predecessor, the Typhoon H.

What I'm going to recommend may be hard, but when you get the Plus, leave it in the box for a couple of weeks. Take the time now, to fly the Nano QX and to order some needed accessories:

1) You will need a better charger than the Yuneec OEM charge provided. See this thread:

DY5 Charger

and this important thread on Lipo Battery Care

LiPo Battery Care

Get some minor crash parts, so when something minor does happen, you do not have to wait on shipping:

Typhoon H Plus A Props

Typhoon H Plus B Props

You will eventually need ND filters for smooth cinematic video... see this thread for the current situation with ND filters that will fit the Plus camera:

Freewell ND filters for the Plus

The microSD card that comes with the Plus will not be good enough for quality video... CAUTION! Samsung microSD cards will not work in the Plus. See this thread for known compatible memory cards for the C23:

Plus Compatible microSD Cards

To quote GnR... welcome to the jungle...:)

Eagle,

Very good advice, as usual. Hopefully, as many times as similar advice has been sought and posted, those just getting their feet wet do so by wading first, through all the great advice shared here.

Did we ever get a sticky thread created, containing the very advice you just gave?

Also want to mention, the hubsan 107 versions are also great fun while learning. I think they are still under $50. One does get what one pays for (I went through two) but they do what the intention was.

Good luck, Brian! Welcome to another addiction.

Jeff

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
0ROJYyg.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold