Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sorry, but got to ask ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Where, or how do people gain thier knowledge on a particular drone ? As i'm thinkin its more than just tinkering over time ? My question evolves over all the varialbles that come into play without some sort of professional insight, or direction ? Dont mean to come off the wrong way, or looking for an easy way out, just wondering how you got to where you are ?

I think a lot of people got where they are by learning from other people's mistakes, and not doing what they've done by error, Everybody is still learning even the guys doing it for years, a new problem presents itself, and it's all hands on deck to find hopefully a solution, it's best to research and research, read, knowledge is everything, it's enjoyable so far for me, absorbing as many hints and tips and solutions, hopefully giving a little advice too, that helps someone.

A good question.. depends on the level of knowledge you would like to achieve. If you are more into technical details, some basic background in embedded electronics and software development will certainly help. Would you like to know how the drones on a level that how they compare with each other in practical use, or would you like to go into the details how things work under the hood? How I got where I am are at the moment with these things.. I started tinkering with the drones in 2010, started developing my own UAS systems that were based on 8 bit MCU's and Embedded Linux back then, and I've been working with embedded electronics and SW field for almost two decades now. My latest personal project has been porting the native PX4 autopilot to the Typhoon H 480, which involved learning and browsing around the PX4 source code, studying the TH's electronics on very low level and implementing it. If this is something you are interested, I'm going to write a tutorial about hardware hacking and FW porting on the TH soon and also release the firmware which you may find interesting. Until that, if the low level technical knowledge is something you are interested in, you could take a look for example here: The CFReDS Project | Drone Data Set and take a look at the PX4: Open Source for Drones - PX4 Open Source Autopilot.

Br, TR

Last edited:
I think a lot of people got where they are by learning from other people's mistakes, and not doing what they've done by error, Everybody is still learning even the guys doing it for years, a new problem presents itself, and it's all hands on deck to find hopefully a solution, it's best to research and research, read, knowledge is everything, it's enjoyable so far for me, absorbing as many hints and tips and solutions, hopefully giving a little advice too, that helps someone.
Me myself have learned from asking questions and reading up on whatever it is your trying to fix. This form has a lot of information you can get and just by asking members. There are a lot of incredible smart people here. I myself have rebuilt 7 typhoon h and 3 q500 for a k fuse to wifi board

Me myself have learned from asking questions and reading up on whatever it is your trying to fix. This form has a lot of information you can get and just by asking members. There are a lot of incredible smart people here. I myself have rebuilt 7 typhoon h and 3 q500 for a k fuse to wifi board
K fuses are difficult to get here, not been able to track any down, the sellers on eBay wouldn't ship to UK.

No good I'm afraid. I suppose because Europe is excluded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-153653_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191031-153653_eBay.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Above all else, ones attitude towards whatever it is they endeavor to do will ultimately dictate their success or failure. Experience matters of course; but an intellectually curious mind and the willingness to identify and understand the full scope of the knowledge base one must gain to be successful - will lead to the least painful and costly avenue. It's already been mentioned but it bears repeating - this forum is an encyclopedia on the subjects of UAV operations and specifics on many of Yuneec's products. ;)

They expend personal effort in independent study, personal experience, study the diverse but closely associated sub systems to understand how they function, compliment, and enable each other, participate in user discussion groups, etc.

Pretty much the same way people become knowledgeable about anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123