Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sorry Yuneec...I'm done.

You can still get it on Amazon for $1299 (prime). It depends who is fulfilling the orders.

I bought a Phantom 4 and am very happy with it -- I have had no problems. It's my first drone and I have found it extremely capable and stable, and the collision avoidance has saved my bacon a time or two. The battery life is the only sort of issue I have run into; I get closer to 22-24 minutes of usable battery rather than claimed 28. The controllability, range, and no-lag perfectly clear video feed streaming to my RC-mounted ipad continues to amaze me, although I have never tried to push it beyond 3/4 of a mile -- I try to keep it where I can see it.

That said, the Typhoon H looks it will be amazing and if I had had the time to wait, I would have waited. From my perspective, it has three big advantages:

1. the raised landing gear with the 360 camera view, which affords more comprehensive use of the collision avoidance system since you aren't required to fly sideways/backwards to take sideways/backwards facing shots
2. the built in display in the RC so you don't have to mount a device, which can be a pain when using the drone frequently (I've taken to keeping my ipad permanently mounted on the RC and keeping that whole kit sitting separately in a box in my trunk since I use the drone so frequently, but that means I am sacrificing my ipad to the drone, not to mention the considerable extra trunk space).
3. the safety of six rotors

I admit I will be a little jealous of you Typhoon H flyers when you get your birds, but until I accidentally destroy my Phantom 4, I'll be happily sticking with it, hopefully for a long time to come. I think that those of you who are waiting for the Typhoon H will be very happy as well.

phantom 4 is also great....both the phantom 4 and the yuneec h have their pros and cons....i ordered the h because im just tired of looking at the phantom series....i've had them all except for the phantom 4...we all hope(except dji of course) that the h lives up to its expectations..

I bought a Phantom 4 and am very happy with it -- I have had no problems. It's my first drone and I have found it extremely capable and stable, and the collision avoidance has saved my bacon a time or two. The battery life is the only sort of issue I have run into; I get closer to 22-24 minutes of usable battery rather than claimed 28. The controllability, range, and no-lag perfectly clear video feed streaming to my RC-mounted ipad continues to amaze me, although I have never tried to push it beyond 3/4 of a mile -- I try to keep it where I can see it.

That said, the Typhoon H looks it will be amazing and if I had had the time to wait, I would have waited. From my perspective, it has three big advantages:

1. the raised landing gear with the 360 camera view, which affords more comprehensive use of the collision avoidance system since you aren't required to fly sideways/backwards to take sideways/backwards facing shots
2. the built in display in the RC so you don't have to mount a device, which can be a pain when using the drone frequently (I've taken to keeping my ipad permanently mounted on the RC and keeping that whole kit sitting separately in a box in my trunk since I use the drone so frequently, but that means I am sacrificing my ipad to the drone, not to mention the considerable extra trunk space).
3. the safety of six rotors

I admit I will be a little jealous of you Typhoon H flyers when you get your birds, but until I accidentally destroy my Phantom 4, I'll be happily sticking with it, hopefully for a long time to come. I think that those of you who are waiting for the Typhoon H will be very happy as well.
The Phantom 4 is a very refined Phantom 3 in many ways. But I don't think it's in competition with the Typhoon H, other than on price. I've mentioned many times that the Typhoon H is more a "poor mans DJI Inspire 1". For this reason I also believe that having both a DJI Phantom 3 or 4 and a Typhoon H is the perfect combination for pretty much any situation.

So, keep your Phantoom 4 and eventually get yourself the Typhoon H!

The Phantom 4 is a very refined Phantom 3 in many ways. But I don't think it's in competition with the Typhoon H, other than on price. I've mentioned many times that the Typhoon H is more a "poor mans DJI Inspire 1". For this reason I also believe that having both a DJI Phantom 3 or 4 and a Typhoon H is the perfect combination for pretty much any situation.

So, keep your Phantoom 4 and eventually get yourself the Typhoon H!

Thanks, that is what I plan to do, although I'm probably six-twelve months from now. I would do it sooner if my procurement manager/wife would not be alarmed to see a Typhoon H sized whole in our budget that is still healing from the Phantom 4-sized whole I placed there last month. I agree that the H is pretty much an Inspire-1 on a budget -- I forgot that it allows separate pilot and camera controls (don't think the Phantom 4 does, but it's much less relevant without the 360 gimble anyway).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing people get their Typhoon Hs and reporting what the user experience is like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech