Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St 16 and dual flying

Reaction score
Ok, is there an interference problem with 2 h's and 2 st 16 flown by 2 people a problem besides the obvious like crashing into each other.

There shouldn't be. Unlike the old analog frequencies used years ago, which were "locked" by whatever crystal you used, digital 2.4GHz & 5GHz have multiple sub-channels. The transmitter 'searches' for currently-used channels in the area, and assigns an unused sub-frequency. Theoretically, you could have a few dozen flying in the same area, without any problems.

I understand but I might know someone interested. I like the whole control station idea because I have not flown as much as you. I learn each time I fly and the st16 still fascinates me as a quasi noob. I fly confidently now without incident in quite some time. I'm lucky because I have a park to practice in a half block from me and hardly anyone goes in there. Sorry, way too much info.

I understand but I might know someone interested. I like the whole control station idea because I have not flown as much as you. I learn each time I fly and the st16 still fascinates me as a quasi noob. I fly confidently now without incident in quite some time. I'm lucky because I have a park to practice in a half block from me and hardly anyone goes in there. Sorry, way too much info.
If interested, please PM me, as this thread isn't within the 'classified' section, and I don't want anyone (myself, included) violating the forum rules. Also, not "to much info". We were all newbs at one point, and we all have newb 'stories' to tell...I've got some 'interesting' ones. I cut my "drone teeth" on a DJI Phantom 3 Pro, shortly after they were released. When I heard about the TH, months before it was released, I wanted one...but, I purposely chose to wait a while before getting one. After it had been out for a while, and the majority of the initial "problems" were fixed (through firmware updates), that's when I decided to sell the P3P, and use the money to help pay for the TH. Honestly, it's a great drone, fun & easy to fly, and has several benefits & features that none of the Phantoms have ever had.

Now, my setup includes two CGO3+ cameras, both with high-quality aftermarket glass lenses (one almost equivalent to the stock focal length, the other somewhat more powerful), several batteries (including two higher mAh aftermarket packs), and filters, not to mention a modified ST16+ with 4Hawks amplified antenna, and the external antennas on the drone.

Unobstructed, and without interference, I'd estimate my TH can safely reach 5-6 miles...NOT that I've ever flown it that far (thus the reason I said "estimate"). I will state that, using a 'spotter', I have flown it in excess of 3.5 miles. The only reason I didn't take it further was because line-of-sight got obstructed, causing signal loss, leading to the TH returning home...but, my spotter never lost sight of it (he was in a moving vehicle, with cell phone for maintaining vernal contact with me), thus, technically, no laws were officially broken.

I have flown with two other members and we had two H480's and an H+all airborne at the same time. Just maintain physical distance from each other and you will be fine.

Reactions: howfastyes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval