Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 anti-glare screen protector recommendation

From a review I read this screen protector is not very hard and can scratch from fingernails, etc. but I'm buying it less as a screen protector than for the anti-glare help.

I bought a 3-pack (one for the ST16, one for my ipad mini 2, and a spare) for 8.95 from www.techarmor.com. I used the antiglare one, and it works great, but I did have to trim it for the ST16. Comes with a squeegee, 3 covers, cloth, and dust tape, and great instructions.

Interested to see what the findings are.

Are you guys trying to find something to do the job this will do without the tube? Or is this in addition to something like the tube?

Okay, I received my Nushield protector several days ago but have been too busy to install it or even fly, for that matter. I took a break and installed it today and, overall, think it does a pretty good job even though my attempts to document it's effects with photos don't show it very well. While flying around just now on a bright sunny day with light overhead clouds I found it easy to see my screen and photos as long as I shaded it with my head. That hasn't been sufficient previously. I didn't do a great job installing it. Even though I thought I had all dust removed from my screen before applying I found I did had two spots and it was difficult to lift up the protector and I messed up the lower right and left corners somewhat. Maybe it will seal eventually. Not a big deal, IMO.
Indoor, before installation
Nushield-pre-Indoor.jpg
Indoor, after installation
Nushield-post-Indoor.jpg
Ourdoor, before installation
Nushield-pre-Outdoor.jpg
Outdoor, after installation
Nushield-post-Outdoor.jpg

View attachment 1006 View attachment 1007 View attachment 1008 View attachment 1009 Okay, I received my Nushield protector several days ago but have been too busy to install it or even fly, for that matter. I took a break and installed it today and, overall, think it does a pretty good job even though my attempts to document it's effects with photos don't show it very well. While flying around just now on a bright sunny day with light overhead clouds I found it easy to see my screen and photos as long as I shaded it with my head. That hasn't been sufficient previously. I didn't do a great job installing it. Even though I thought I had all dust removed from my screen before applying I found I did had two spots and it was difficult to lift up the protector and I messed up the lower right and left corners somewhat. Maybe it will seal eventually. Not a big deal, IMO.
Got one three days ago and installed issue free and yes it does seem better than others I have tried, **** for $18 bucks, it better have !

Yes, quite pricey for what it is, but if it works, it's worth it.

I also have the sunshield from Carolina Dronz and think it works well and don't think it "sucks" like you do, but I don't like the idea of installing some sticky tape to my controller so that the velcro will hold it in place. I've been thinking of using rubber bands even though that will look pretty much like a farmer using baling wire to hold on a muffler.

Yes, quite pricey for what it is, but if it works, it's worth it.

I also have the sunshield from Carolina Dronz and think it works well and don't think it "sucks" like you do, but I don't like the idea of installing some sticky tape to my controller so that the velcro will hold it in place. I've been thinking of using rubber bands even though that will look pretty much like a farmer using baling wire to hold on a muffler.
What ever works my friend ! looks are nothing, functionality is ! I just think my hands feel claustrophobic being stuffed inside a box and blocking my view of outer controls, Just my sucks I guess ! LOL !;)

Got my screen protector anti glare from Hong Kong today. Maybe it was packed by Mr Ming himself! It is excellent.

HI Lordbrummi,

After looking at the different options and vids I decided to order the ones you demoed. I have the ones that they sell for the St10 and they work great so decided to go with these for the St24. They are same size as St16 so should go right on as you demonstrated. Thanks for the heads up on those.

Cheers

Batfire

I found a fix for my screen glare today in the clearance aisle at Walmart. Nook has an anti-glare screen protector kit that fit real well on the ST16. The length is exact but it is a little narrow which worked fine for me (bottom row of buttons are not covered). The kit comes with 2 protectors, normally $20 on clearance for $10.

I'm going to try the same one I use on my Nexus 7. It's 7" so should fit the ST16 nicely I believe. Here is the link on the Canadian Amazon:

(Note that I have not tried this on the ST16 yet but it works find on the Nexus 7 for outdoor glare).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008MP8C5A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Antli glare doesn't work good enough.. Despite that I put it on both the ST16 and the MiniIpad I use to watch the pic but also for my client to watch "his pics/video" when I fly.
Works pretty ok.

Attachments

• _2BE9241.JPG
    _2BE9241.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
Just received the Brotect protector, today, ordered it from Amazon about a week ago!
Excellent, fits, "helps" with the glare; but pretty good. Glad I got it, thanks for the info from this forum!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33