Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 Calibration issue with J2

Reaction score
So I've completely deleted all remnants of St 16 and Typhoon H firmware and reinstalled firmware on St16 and Typhoon H. I've been calibrating the ST 16 and in the first step which shows J1, J2, J3, J4, K1, K2, K3 all of them turned green except for J2. When I proceed to next level of calibration for all ST controls J2 works fine and I receive the "Passed" notification. When I test the J2 in the Hardware monitor it also works fine...got any ideas what may be the problem?

I've ordered a new 3 antenna ST 16 from a nearby hobby shop for $195 (I think they must be dropping the Yuneec line) as all there stuff was pretty cheap for Yuneec parts and accessories.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas why J2 stays red while all the others in the test turned green. I did go into Channel settings and did a reset there for J2 but that did not solve the problem.

So I've completely deleted all remnants of St 16 and Typhoon H firmware and reinstalled firmware on St16 and Typhoon H. I've been calibrating the ST 16 and in the first step which shows J1, J2, J3, J4, K1, K2, K3 all of them turned green except for J2. When I proceed to next level of calibration for all ST controls J2 works fine and I receive the "Passed" notification. When I test the J2 in the Hardware monitor it also works fine...got any ideas what may be the problem?

I've ordered a new 3 antenna ST 16 from a nearby hobby shop for $195 (I think they must be dropping the Yuneec line) as all there stuff was pretty cheap for Yuneec parts and accessories.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas why J2 stays red while all the others in the test turned green. I did go into Channel settings and did a reset there for J2 but that did not solve the problem.
I had a very similar problem with my J1 staying Red whilst the other tests going green.

However, my throttle was sluggish and although I tried cleaning the pots the issue remained.

In the end I spoke with Yuneec who informed me I needed a new throttle stick unit. I took it to their offices in East Barnett (only an hour away) and they fixed the problem whilst I waited. They even replaced slightly noisy fan units.

Although the ST 16 was out of warranty they completed the repairs free of charge.

Can't fault the service at all.

I had a very similar problem with my J1 staying Red whilst the other tests going green.

However, my throttle was sluggish and although I tried cleaning the pots the issue remained.

In the end I spoke with Yuneec who informed me I needed a new throttle stick unit. I took it to their offices in East Barnett (only an hour away) and they fixed the problem whilst I waited. They even replaced slightly noisy fan units.

Although the ST 16 was out of warranty they completed the repairs free of charge.

Can't fault the service at all.
Thanks for your response,I have one unit which has J2 always red and one unit J4 always red and 1 out of 3 which actually calibrates properly...perhaps the new ST 16 I've ordered will work too...

Thanks for your response,I have one unit which has J2 always red and one unit J4 always red and 1 out of 3 which actually calibrates properly...perhaps the new ST 16 I've ordered will work too...
Have you tried cleaning the pots on the sticks? It only takes about 10 minutes to try and hundreds of owners have found it fixed the problem. If it doesn't work, changing a stick is rather simple and costs about $40.

Have you tried cleaning the pots on the sticks? It only takes about 10 minutes to try and hundreds of owners have found it fixed the problem. If it doesn't work, changing a stick is rather simple and costs about $40.
What is best way of cleaning pots? Thanks for suggestion.

What is best way of cleaning pots? Thanks for suggestion.
The video below shows the easiest method. You need Electrical Contact Cleaner that is safe for plastic and has no lube added. It often takes several applications before it finally penetrates into the small plastic box where the pots are located. After they are clean and working properly you will need to re-cal the ST16. The video is not in English but the method is clear. Start at min 2:20.

This is what the mystery is about, hardware monitor shows everything working perfectly. In the video his is not working properly...I used adjustable air pressure for cleaning same device I use for cleaning sensor on my still cameras...J2 does not ever turn green in first step of Calibration but moving on to second stage it indicates it is working just fine just like when I use Hardware monitor it shows it working perfectly end to end side to side....reinstalled and nuked and paved twice leaving no remnants before next install and still same results J2 in first stage of ST 16 controller calibration stays red while all other turn green.

.I used adjustable air pressure for cleaning same device I use for cleaning sensor on my still cameras..
Have you tried using the cleaner? Honestly, the small plastic enclosure the houses the pots don't lend themselves to cleaning with air. Even getting the fluid to penetrate inside is difficult but it's the only thing I have seen that works if the sticks have oxidation.

I suppose what you are seeing could be a software glitch. If that's the case, do a factory reset of the ST16 and test it again. As a last resort, order a new stick.

Thanks again for your suggestions, I've done two factory resets, nothing changed...I'm waiting for a new ST 16 I've ordered...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis